Disney Magic Kingdoms

Interesting conundrum: hardly getting any elixir because there are so many useful chest items now...

I am halfway to the Organ but have only collected 2 non-token items from chests since the update.

Yes I noticed that as well. It is very interesting that now the chests, are useful, where as when all the characters were leveled up, they weren't all that helpful. I kind of like it better this way. I'll take all the "free" tokens they want to give me.

Yes I noticed that as well. It is very interesting that now the chests, are useful, where as when all the characters were leveled up, they weren't all that helpful. I kind of like it better this way. I'll take all the "free" tokens they want to give me.
Completely agree! Love the free tokens, just will take longer to get the elixir needed for other items

Can someone tell me what the leaderboard is for? What are we collecting for it? I am not doing well as per usual, but I have no idea what that mini event is!

Can someone tell me what the leaderboard is for? What are we collecting for it? I am not doing well as per usual, but I have no idea what that mini event is!

So every time we finish the Dark Tower task we earn Maleficent tokens and points. The tokens go to buy Christopher Robin tokens and the other goodies. The points are what the mini event is. You can see the milestones by clicking on the first icon in the Dark Tower screen. You can see your placing and prizes, by clicking on the 3rd icon. To score more points, you complete more cycles of the Dark Tower task.

So every time we finish the Dark Tower task we earn Maleficent tokens and points. The tokens go to buy Christopher Robin tokens and the other goodies. The points are what the mini event is. You can see the milestones by clicking on the first icon in the Dark Tower screen. You can see your placing and prizes, by clicking on the 3rd icon. To score more points, you complete more cycles of the Dark Tower task.

Thanks. Seems new, I don’t remember the mini event being like that with the last tower event. But, I may just have not paid attention!

With the new plot of land open, I now have all attractions out, and nearly one of every concession stand. Still have room for PotC ride, whenever it becomes available.

I'm much happier with the extra space. I think I have one of all of my concessions out (I don't have them all) and all my rides out (missing 3 I think?) and it's nice that they are grouped by movie. Not all in the right spot, but good enough for me.

Just curious: Do you put your concessions wherever they may fit.....or do you have a concession “farm” area where you place all concessions in the same plot of land? I have all Mulan, jungle book, and Aladdin buildings in storage. I could fit one of those groups in an open area I have, but I like having the open plot.

I keep all of my concessions and decorations with the corresponding themed buildings.

Just curious: Do you put your concessions wherever they may fit.....or do you have a concession “farm” area where you place all concessions in the same plot of land? I have all Mulan, jungle book, and Aladdin buildings in storage. I could fit one of those groups in an open area I have, but I like having the open plot.

I keep all of my concessions and decorations with the corresponding themed buildings.

I would love to put them with their themed attractions but it just won't fit. So I have settled to putting all the attractions out and together, and then filling in the smaller spaces left over with my concessions. I think there is one are that is all or mostly concessions after this last land update.

I put mine wherever they fit and I only have one of each type. If I ever get a duplicate, I send it off to Merlin's cauldron and take the elixir instead. I think it comes down to personal preference.

Has anyone gotten either of the pirates costumes for Minnie or Jack Sparrow yet? I've heard that Donald's pirate costume is useless and gives no benefits but I hadn't heard if the other two currently accessible ones drop tokens or do anything useful. Trying to decide if I should spend elixir for the new POTC attraction or spend it down and get all the pirate fabric.

I just use them as space fillers. No thought to where they go. Some of the buildings are actually smaller than others, which is strange. I can fit one building in a small space but not another. Hmmm....

Has anyone gotten either of the pirates costumes for Minnie or Jack Sparrow yet? I've heard that Donald's pirate costume is useless and gives no benefits but I hadn't heard if the other two currently accessible ones drop tokens or do anything useful. Trying to decide if I should spend elixir for the new POTC attraction or spend it down and get all the pirate fabric.
Probably not going to bother with them.

I put up another platinum chest yesterday, and while I didn’t get Davy Jones, I finally now have Splash Mountain!!!

Do not level up Honey Lemon during this event, her ears interfere with collecting the hot cocoa (Jessie). I made this mistake and have been running out of cocoa more often since cocoa is rare.

I ran out of little chests yesterday so I threw one of my saved platinum ones up on the stand thinking that it was a waste of space since I never good things out of them anyway... and I got Davy Jones! :goodvibes

I put up another platinum chest yesterday, and while I didn’t get Davy Jones, I finally now have Splash Mountain!!!

Do not level up Honey Lemon during this event, her ears interfere with collecting the hot cocoa (Jessie). I made this mistake and have been running out of cocoa more often since cocoa is rare.

Congrats on Splash! I have the same issue with Honey Lemon, but if I get her (and Yokai) to L8 they can help with pirate items. Decisions... decisions...

Hmmm, I just noticed on the Progress tab (top icon when looking at the event activities), it shows Active, Next and Future. On the Event Shop tab (2nd from the bottom), it shows Chapter 1,2,3. At this time, Chapter 2 unlocks in 1d18h, and the current Leaderboard ends in 1d18h. Looking back at the Progress tab, the Next / Chapter 2 starts again at 0 event currency and has milestones for 500pts, 1500pts, etc. Does this imply event currency resets to zero (0) at the end of Chapter 1? Maybe I missed the discussion around this, but if things reset for Chapter 2, and if I've completed Chapter 1, what can I use my event currency for before Chapter 2 starts?

Oh My GAWRSH! Thank you SO much for the Honey Lemon tip! I only have Tinkerbell, Snow White and Jesse for the cocoa tasks and my drop rates have been HORRIBLE!!!! I'm barely keeping up as is, and a setback like that would have been disastrous, so thanks!

Hmmm, I just noticed on the Progress tab (top icon when looking at the event activities), it shows Active, Next and Future. On the Event Shop tab (2nd from the bottom), it shows Chapter 1,2,3. At this time, Chapter 2 unlocks in 1d18h, and the current Leaderboard ends in 1d18h. Looking back at the Progress tab, the Next / Chapter 2 starts again at 0 event currency and has milestones for 500pts, 1500pts, etc. Does this imply event currency resets to zero (0) at the end of Chapter 1? Maybe I missed the discussion around this, but if things reset for Chapter 2, and if I've completed Chapter 1, what can I use my event currency for before Chapter 2 starts?

Based on the last tower challenge, NO! Your points will reset but your even currency remains where it is through the entire event, only changing when you buy things or gain coins. So for example, I got the 5,000 EC needed to get all 25 of the backpacks, bought them all, and now I'm back to around 4,400 EC because I've just been collecting collecting collecting as I wait for chapter 2 to open up. The points and leaderboards will reset to zero but the EC should NOT reset. Just keep building it up, so that you can get either the characters or building you need, in addition to the tokens for Christopher Robin. The only downside is I think it's pretty much no gem conversion for EC at the end, like with a standard event. Personally I'm okay with that, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Okay my friends, I need some help please. @hopemax posted the link on the wiki page, about how someone mapped out the park and the dimensions of all the attractions and stuff, but I can't figure out how to use it. Can anyone assist me in figuring this out? I'm not good when it comes to tech.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter