• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

It's not really optional at all. If you skip an event and don't collect all the characters then it's likely it will hurt you in the next event, or in another one they are planning. They way they set up this game, you either have to really play it to it's fullest or you'll constantly be locked out of stuff "down the road." So, personally speaking, I would have preferred more of a break between events since I'm not ready to stop playing altogether, although the stress of back-to-back timed events is pushing me in that direction. Just one player's perspective.
This is the only reason why I am participating in the event because I don't want it to come back and bite me later.

Made some decent progress!

Toy Alien Ready for 8

Fairy Godmother Leveling to 9

Peter Pan Ready for 5
Wendy 6
Hook Ready for 7

Thumper Ready for 4
Bambi 2
Flower Ready for 3

Mowgli Ready for 9
Baloo Ready for 7
Shere Khan Ready for 5

Jack Jack 3

Queen of Hearts Ready for 10

Snow White Ready for 9
Evil Queen Ready for 8
Grumpy 8
Sleepy 9

Winnie the Pooh Ready for 7
Eeyore Ready for 9
Tigger Ready for 10
Kanga Ready for 9
Roo 7
Piglet Ready for 8
Rabbit 9

Nani Ready for 8
Lilo 7
Stitch 7
Angel Ready for 8
Pleakley Ready for 9
Jumba Ready for 7

Wow...have a little free time on your hands? You are a much more organized person than I am.

Yes, waaaaaaay too much free time on my hands. Working on finding a job and sometimes I reach a point where it’s too stressful and so I do something I can control, like counting characters, haha. So not counting Maleficent there are 130 characters with 7 more on the way come tomorrow. Wonder what it’ll be like when we reach 200 characters.

Yes, waaaaaaay too much free time on my hands. Working on finding a job and sometimes I reach a point where it’s too stressful and so I do something I can control, like counting characters, haha. So not counting Maleficent there are 130 characters with 7 more on the way come tomorrow. Wonder what it’ll be like when we reach 200 characters.
We'll probably be actively playing with about 10 and the other 190 will be forgotten at home.
I hear you on the free time. I wasn't able to take any classes this sumner and I've been going a little nuts. It's hard for me to work since my class hours change every couple months, so I try to volunteer when I can . But all the high school kids who need volunteer hours have taken most of those spots during the summer. So BH6, here we come...2 crazy ladies with way too much time on our hands!!!!

And...don't stress too much. You seem like a very pleasant person (other than your counting issues). I bet you find something soon that will be perfect for you. I'll send some lucky thoughts your way!!!!

For everyone complaining about wishing there was a lot more time between events and that we didn't vote on these back-to-back events on the survey but Gameloft keeps doing them anyway...

Think about what's happening here. Do we honestly believe that Gameloft is cranking out events because their interns LOVE to develop content? No, of course not. So then why are they constantly doing these events so often? Just one reason... money. At this point, I have to believe there are more existing players than new. New(ish) players still have things to spend gems on, and if they have a dozen possible gem characters missing from their roster, plus buildings, there is no way they can build up enough gems watching videos to help earn new characters. That being said...

For the rest of us (their majority?), there is absolutely nothing more that we need to buy or spend gems on. By going months between events, they are losing their revenue stream. I'm pretty sure they are making thousands within the first half hour of a new event's introduction, as soon as they offer up a parade float and event currency pack. I don't care how many surveys you fill out. Gameloft is NOT going to give us months between events. They would be losing too much money.

Had to check in and see if any Android users still do not have the update. I just checked Google Play and no update

How does everyone level up all the characters so quickly? Every time I try to do so an event starts which makes it more difficult for me to get the tokens for that particular event

How does everyone level up all the characters so quickly? Every time I try to do so an event starts which makes it more difficult for me to get the tokens for that particular event
I have a lot that are at level 9. I managed to get a few of them up to level 10 since the last event. Still working on Bambi characters. Snow White was the only one I can recall finishing quite quickly. Still have some of the Jungle Book characters, Stitch, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan etc to level up.

So I've just about given up on expecting or actually getting anything good out of Gold or Platinum Chests anymore. Never gonna get the Bambi Float, nor the Forest Ice Rink. If I do, it'll be well after I've leveled all my Bambi characters up to level 10. Wish they'd go back to just letting us use gems to purchase exact floats we want like the old days. Same with the Ice Rink. Make it magic or gems. At least when they first started placing rides in chests, they didn't have any character storylines dedicated to those rides. They were mainly for decorations.

I'm thrilled that we don't have the silly shenanigans to get the blimps! Even if that means I have to wait for them.

So far I didn't have to pull characters from their home, except for Goofy... Hmmm I guess it's still early in the event.

Supernova, I totally agree with you but can't "like" your post. :rolleyes:

2oo coins for GoGo is a steal. Lots of helpful characters in other collections (cinderella, monsters inc).

Really? My game isn't showing them as helpful. I'm going to restart and see if that helps. Thanks for the heads up!

ETA - 4 showed up as helpful after I spent the 200 gems for go-go. But they should have showed up as "drops tokens" characters before I bought her. Nothing changed after I rebooted the game. Is it only 4?

Really? My game isn't showing them as helpful. I'm going to restart and see if that helps. Thanks for the heads up!

ETA - 4 showed up as helpful after I spent the 200 gems for go-go. But they should have showed up as "drops tokens" characters before I bought her. Nothing changed after I rebooted the game. Is it only 4?

Characters who drop event currency only, aren't marked special on the "Characters at Home" screen. Only the ones who have actual tokens. So who will help for Hiro & Gogo and there aren't a lot of characters who do that. But the EC dropping characters are the usual list: Daisy, Jessie, Woody, Bo Peep, Sarge, Buzz, Celia, Sulley, Eve, all the Cinderella characters, Tinker Bell, Will & Elizabeth and the Lion King characters. There are others like Minnie and Mike, but I'm guessing you would already have them out because they help with Bambi. Oh, and Boo looks like the old Premium character that will help here, but I don't have her.

Thanks. I took them ALL out and sorted through them. I wish there was a faster way. Thanks for the posts reminding me to check these characters.

Tapping to collect blimps is a nice change. Sure you have to wait two hours for them to respawn but it frees up other characters so we can send them out for the other tokens. I saw the numbers were to level up were fairly inflated in the livestream so hopefully this doesn’t hinder progress too much.

Thanks. I took them ALL out and sorted through them. I wish there was a faster way. Thanks for the posts reminding me to check these characters.

The Wiki lists all the character tasks that can earn EC. The BH6 one isn't up yet, but you can use the previous event as a starting point. Lion King are the former event characters that help, so swap those in for BatB, otherwise things match up for the most part. http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Coins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter