Disney Magic Kingdoms

Hey watch the crazy local stuff :lmao::lmao::lmao:. I did have a light wind breaker on.

That cool front did bring a lot of rain down here. When you drove thru Palm Beach Gardens you were with a mile of me.

Any temp in WDW is good as long as you are not running in a RunDisney event. Then it is no fun at all. Ran in a couple of these see events. You end up thinking why and the heck am I doing this. :rotfl2:
I guess that's one thing that Floridians enjoy... the chance to break out the jackets, scarves, and boots.

Just out of curiosity, what do people's leaderboards look like. Trying to gauge how important not clicking right away is.
Top 5
I am in first with 200

I finished in 7th with 180something.

I finished 1st in my cloud mini event group with around 250 (Can't remember the exact number). With 3 free magical chests, I only have 4 owls and 2 grumpy ear hats.
I sent Dopey twice and got nothing for his troubles. These chests are so frustrating. The last platinum chest was the antler topiary (I want the Race Track)!! Good luck to all.

So is the mine train attraction going to be bought with gems or only won through chests? I don't see it as a requirement to the event storyline but see it in the tasks list for sneezy and doc

So is the mine train attraction going to be bought with gems or only won through chests? I don't see it as a requirement to the event storyline but see it in the tasks list for sneezy and doc

Its in the event tab of the building shop, so it will likely be available for gems.

I guess it'll be like the Racetrack was... not required for the storyline or event, but helpful for those who have it as characters can use it for tasks.

I wish more characters beyond Toy Story would get event quests. Since this is Snow White, it would be nice if Aurora and Cinderella actually had new tasks this time around. I know Woody & Jessie are the only characters beyond Mickey and Friends to get quests because Gameloft is assuming each event attracts new players, but it's getting very stale - especially for those of us who are not as taken with Toy Story as other Disney fans.

I gave in and got Grumpy after dropping 700 gems on chests to do so. Figured I had been saving my gems(for the longest time) for snow white anyway and since I had almost 1500 I could spare them. He is going to be very helpful for the event he has a 60 min task which drops lots of items and 5 sec task for the poison apple. Had to have the whole collection of Snow White no matter the cost. Will still have enough gems to purchase happy and mine train and majority of those gems were earnt in game apart from the odd package of premium character purchases that came with gems so all good

The only grumpy token drop task I can share atm is play the organ 4hrs for both of the Bashful items. As all the others are ready to go to 6 (without the apples) while I work on Bashful. Got Grumpy yesterday afternoon and replaced all items for everyone after levelling them all to 5 with his help and of course all the other characters with drops. I took a chance because I figured it was worth the risk of having other items needed for the other dwarfs with Bashful being unlocked and it payed off.

I had a free few minutes, so I decided to take stats on the gambling game on an alternate device. I already had a few of the items from the free drops, so I wasn't testing to the full amount from 0.

Owls: Average: 1.08 per chest, would take 56 total chests if starting from 0 (55.56)
Hats: Average: 0.74 per chest, would take 55 total chests if starting from 0 (54.05)

With what I already had, it would have taken 49 chests and cost 735 gems for me to max out (i.e. not from 0). The hats increased once I had all the owls, up to a 1.63 average.

I was just curious, but maybe somebody will find these numbers useful if considering going for it. As for me, I am back to low single digits of each, though I may do another run-through tomorrow if I have time.

I finished 1st in my cloud mini event group with around 250 (Can't remember the exact number). With 3 free magical chests, I only have 4 owls and 2 grumpy ear hats.
I sent Dopey twice and got nothing for his troubles. These chests are so frustrating. The last platinum chest was the antler topiary (I want the Race Track)!! Good luck to all.

My results, almost exactly.

I finished second with 249. First was at 252 and third was at 240. Three magic chests and I have 1 owl and 3 ear hats for Grumpy. Dopey went out 2 times and came back empty handed.

It took me 47 chests and 705 gems. A few chests had no owls or ear hats and I began with 2 owls from the free chest gift given to us on day 8 and I collected 1 ear hat from dopey. Some chests had multiple items and got alot of currency that helped with the 10,000 EC to welcome him.

I accidentally clicked a cloud instead of a tree, so started the event much earlier than I wanted to. Despite driving down to Disneyland and a day in the parks, I managed to stay in first place the whole time but dropped to 2nd this morning. Got 3 owls and 2 ears (a bit disappointed by the red card like many of you lol). Dopey had a good drop rate and came back with ears 2/3 times. But since everyone’s accordion task is so long and his is only 2 hrs, he’ll be back on that for a while.

I'm starting the event on the 5th day... :) Wish me luck !!! I was so busy doing the kitchen countertop, that I haven't even been checking if I got my game back or not... Then BAM, my game was restored without any email from Gameloft... woohoo!!! Any quick advice? :)

edit: man, those garden shears and curse be gone... really hard to get, not even Jessie can get them... In the Alice event, it was two pairs of characters, Mickey and Jessie, and Goofie and Woody...

edit: is Dopey a good buy? Think I'll get it with gems...

edit: ok, I went back a few pages and started reading, and sounds like Grumpy is a complete mess to get... yikes...

edit: Grumpy... LOL...

Last edited:
edit: is Dopey a good buy? Think I'll get it with gems...

He's useful for getting items for the regular characters. He has not come through for me when it comes to getting Grumpy's items.

I gave in and got Grumpy after dropping 700 gems on chests to do so. Figured I had been saving my gems(for the longest time) for snow white anyway and since I had almost 1500 I could spare them. He is going to be very helpful for the event he has a 60 min task which drops lots of items and 5 sec task for the poison apple. Had to have the whole collection of Snow White no matter the cost. Will still have enough gems to purchase happy and mine train and majority of those gems were earnt in game apart from the odd package of premium character purchases that came with gems so all good

I appreciate your sharing the stats with us. I have the gems, but would much prefer to just buy him with X number of gems than play the chest game. Frankly I figure that with my luck I'll drop 700 gems and still not have enough items to get him.

I had a free few minutes, so I decided to take stats on the gambling game on an alternate device. I already had a few of the items from the free drops, so I wasn't testing to the full amount from 0.

Owls: Average: 1.08 per chest, would take 56 total chests if starting from 0 (55.56)
Hats: Average: 0.74 per chest, would take 55 total chests if starting from 0 (54.05)

With what I already had, it would have taken 49 chests and cost 735 gems for me to max out (i.e. not from 0). The hats increased once I had all the owls, up to a 1.63 average.

I was just curious, but maybe somebody will find these numbers useful if considering going for it. As for me, I am back to low single digits of each, though I may do another run-through tomorrow if I have time.

Thanks for sharing the numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter