Disney Magic Kingdoms

Hi all, Haven't been online here in a while so I thought I would drop in since the new event has started!

And yes! the currency is going to be a pain. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

I'm at 39/40 to defeat shere khan. Would I better off to wait until the event is over to defeat him? I'm afraid his drops will get in the way of what I need for the event. And I still have 1 750,000 piece of land next to SM that I need to open.

I'm at 39/40 to defeat shere khan. Would I better off to wait until the event is over to defeat him? I'm afraid his drops will get in the way of what I need for the event. And I still have 1 750,000 piece of land next to SM that I need to open.
Jungle book is a permanent feature so no need to hurry. I am not yet to that stage, so I would check one of the wikis to see who drops his tokens just to see if any tasks double up. I would say that it won't matter at the beginning of the event since those characters drop rates are like "common" and not "EPIC" like I assume Khans are.

Well I accidentally sent mowgli so I'll be at 40/40 in 2 hours. Ugh I need to pay closer attention

So, apparently we'll be getting a Frozen event of some sort for Christmas. Did anyone else notice them in the Costume Shop? I had hoped for something else.

Sort of annoying the only characters that can get the heart lock are Mickey and the White Rabbit (if you get him) and early on in the event Mickey is required to go on a 6 hour task
Agreed, it's a pain in the buttttt... I wasn't going to get white rabbit initially but he really is essential early on. Also Mickey is loaded with tasks, it's annoying. I can't even spare him right now for those 12 and 16 hours task for welcoming Minnie.

Sort of annoying the only characters that can get the heart lock are Mickey and the White Rabbit (if you get him) and early on in the event Mickey is required to go on a 6 hour task
Have him on his six-hour quest right now. White Rabbit's task is only an hour, but it's a split between two possible prizes. I just cleared my first lunchbox and they changed the task time to two minutes for this event.

Well I accidentally sent mowgli so I'll be at 40/40 in 2 hours. Ugh I need to pay closer attention
You're fine. I don't think any Jungle Book characters are offering Alice tokens. So you can keep collecting. The trick is going to be welcoming Shere Khan. Not sure if he's still 24-hours or if they reduced that. But that part will get in the way of welcoming event characters until he completes.

The character order is really annoying me this morning. And those lunchbox tasks. I wish they'd drop this stuff. Other than that, the Alice graphics look pretty cute.

I have a question about the parade: How many floats do you all send out?
I've been sending out all 7 for each parade.

You're fine. I don't think any Jungle Book characters are offering Alice tokens. So you can keep collecting. The trick is going to be welcoming Shere Khan. Not sure if he's still 24-hours or if they reduced that. But that part will get in the way of welcoming event characters until he completes.

I agree you should be okay. At least no worse than the rest of us.

The Jungle Book / Alice issue is that the characters that collect JB tokens have Alice Event tasks. For example, Mother Gothel is one of 2 characters that has a task for Shere Khan's ears. But her 8 hour Perch task is also an Event Currency task. So I have her doing that task, instead of collecting Shere Khan. Same for Pete. He has an 8 hour event currency task (ah, I think this might be the Mowgli Ears) or he can work on Shere Khan. Zurg also has Event Task / Shere Khan Ears overlap. There is a possibility that later on, those Event tasks will also generate Event tokens (maybe for Alice or Queen of Hearts). But I doubt that, except the crazies on this board, most people have all their JB characters leveled up, so you will just be in the same boat as the rest of us. But it MAY be worth not upgrading Mowgli, Bagheera, and maybe Baloo once we get deeper into Alice and see where the tokens / tasks line up.

Last edited:
I agree you should be okay. At least no worse than the rest of us.

The Jungle Book / Alice issue is that the characters that collect JB tokens have Alice Event tasks. For example, Mother Gothel is one of 2 characters that has a task for Shere Khan's ears. But her 8 hour Mowgli Ear task is also an Event Currency task. So I have her doing that task, instead of collecting Shere Khan. Same for Pete. He has an 8 hour event currency task (probably a token here, but I must not need it) or he can work on Shere Khan. Zurg also has Event Task / Shere Khan Ears overlap. There is a possibility that later on, those Event tasks will also generate Event tokens (maybe for Alice or Queen of Hearts). But I doubt that, except the crazies on this board, most people have all their JB characters leveled up, so you will just be in the same boat as the rest of us. But it MAY be worth not upgrading Mowgli once we get deeper into Alice and see where the tokens / tasks line up.
I've lucked out with JB and have everyone at 10. Didn't expect Baloo and Mowgli to have a 24-hour joint task at the end there, but whatever. It's completed. Now I am slowly (and painfully) trying to get Shere Khan from 4 to 5. Have all of the ear hats, but still need 3 sticks. Drop rates haven't improved at all. Actually, I was nearing the end of two of the 12-hour tasks, which reset themselves when the Alice event started, and I had to send Pete and Randall out all over again.

I'm a little confused. Didn't they say in the teaser trailer that Cheshire Cat would be available immediately and we wouldn't have to wait to welcome him?

I'm a little confused. Didn't they say in the teaser trailer that Cheshire Cat would be available immediately and we wouldn't have to wait to welcome him?

Apparently that was a mistake.

Was just coming here to comment about that - and they specifically highlighted that fact ... guess they changed their minds as it says available in 4 days 19 hours (guess maybe it is at least earlier - that you don't have to fully get the first set of characters before getting the 2nd premium one)

Hmmm, my lunch box quest didn't clear on the quest bar... I already did it once, got a half cup token for mad hatter... May be I need to do it more than once?

Was just coming here to comment about that - and they specifically highlighted that fact ... guess they changed their minds as it says available in 4 days 19 hours (guess maybe it is at least earlier - that you don't have to fully get the first set of characters before getting the 2nd premium one)
Just went onto the Disney Magic Kingdoms facebook page and the first comment is from them talking about this matter. "a quick clarification to something we mentioned during the Livestream: Cheshire Cat will not be immediately available in the character shop at the start of Alice in Wonderland Event, but you will not need to progress through the event quests to unlock him as he will be available on Oct 31 15:GMT."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter