Disney Magic Kingdoms

So I know I'm further behind than most of you but I'm a little proud of myself. I started the event with enough gems to get zazu and the parade float. After that I was left with 10 gems. With all of my constant leveling up of characters and watching my theater videos I am now at 158 gems. After jack skellington finishes his level up in 2 1/2 hours I will put Hamm on his final level up hoping he gives me the 20 gems like everyone is saying he gives. I have my fingers crossed hoping I can get rafiki before the event ends. I am also ahead enough in the event that I'm ready to welcome simba but still have two days for him to unlock. I have bullseye at level 2 because tokens for him to get are impossible. And I'm 10,000 magic short of unlocking the new land. My zootopia is also at a hault because I don't have the stupid racetrack. So no jungle book unlocked for now. Prayers for me! I've really been focusing on getting these gems! They should have special character quests that give you gems!
I'm doing something similar in terms of gathering gems for Rafiki! I couldn't get Zazu until a couple of days into the event, and no parade float for me, but I'm at 125 gems now from leveling up characters, etc. Sounds like you're much further in the overall game, so probably have more characters that you can level, which is likely helping you get those gems faster. I recently welcomed Pete and Eve - primarily for the gems because I was originally going to wait until after the event. Pluto's currently leveling up to lvl9, then I have Hamm ready to go right behind him to lvl 10, and maybe Pete in-between the two if I get his last hat before Pluto's done. I've also been running my parades as often as possible in hopes of gem drops, but lately it's just been magic (not even tokens when I run a float that has a token I need!) So frustrating! If all works out, Hamm should finish just a few hours before Simba's released. Once I see who drops Simba tokens, then I can figure out my next schedule of character leveling. :-)

I’m about to dump some gold chests for bronze just to get them out. 5 plus 1 platinum and nothing of use in either (other than racetrack which I know won’t drop).

But oh boy this event has been fun so far :)

I’m about to dump some gold chests for bronze just to get them out. 5 plus 1 platinum and nothing of use in either (other than racetrack which I know won’t drop).

But oh boy this event has been fun so far :)
Sounds like you have the same chests in waiting as I do. There isn't anything in the gold I need either, but I wanted to wait to use them until Simba arrives. Just in case. I want to try the platinum chest trick that people have been talking about, but I think I'm going to wait until the event is over. I need the Race Track and Splash Mountain still. Hopefully one day....

I'm trying to get as much event currency as possible so it will turn into gems at the end of the event. But how can we get the Simba slab tokens when the event ends? Will we just not be able to level up those characters anymore?

I'm trying to get as much event currency as possible so it will turn into gems at the end of the event. But how can we get the Simba slab tokens when the event ends? Will we just not be able to level up those characters anymore?

Simba Slabs will probably become one hour quests. That's what happened with the Snowflakes and Roses.

I currently have all my Lion King characters at level 5, with all the tokens ready to level them up to level 6... (including Rafiki & Zazu) This is my first timed event, and I'm wondering how likely it is anyone will need to be leveled up further? I'd rather save the event currency to be converted to gems at the end if possible, but don't want to be scrambling for tokens if anyone needs to be leveled further than 6. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have like a list of how many gems you get when leveling up your characters to 10? Example
Hamm- 20 gems
And so on
I'm trying to level up the most worthy before the other ones

I currently have all my Lion King characters at level 5, with all the tokens ready to level them up to level 6... (including Rafiki & Zazu) This is my first timed event, and I'm wondering how likely it is anyone will need to be leveled up further? I'd rather save the event currency to be converted to gems at the end if possible, but don't want to be scrambling for tokens if anyone needs to be leveled further than 6. Any thoughts?
With one day left to welcome simba I would level them up one more time just in case. Most events you only need your characters to a 5 or 6 to finish the event

With one day left to welcome simba I would level them up one more time just in case. Most events you only need your characters to a 5 or 6 to finish the event

Anna needed to be Lv 7 to collect Hans hats last year. That's the highest same-event requirement I remember.

Then Elsa and Hans had to be 9 or 10 for Gaston hats. Needed near max level only obe event later.

I don't know how you guys find platinium chest. The last time I found one was at may.

How usefull is Rafiki? Is it worth the gems?
Rafiki I thought was very useful. Has a 2 hour quest that has the opportunity to drop either of Nala's tokens. He can also get the lion king painting thingy and I think his 1 hour task is for the gem for catching the magic crabs. You will need to upgrade him to level 2 in order to get the Nala task however. I would research a little bit to see who drops his tokens and what levels they need to be at in order to do so. When rafiki came out, the only way to get one of his tokens was to get it out of a bronze chest. Gameloft has since fixed it.

Was there a link posted here about who would be dropping Simba's items? Would like to get a jump on collecting like everyone else.

And finished 3rd with 113 wishes.

Was there a link posted here about who would be dropping Simba's items? Would like to get a jump on collecting like everyone else.

And finished 3rd with 113 wishes.
The only thing we know right now about Simba items, as far as I know anyway, is what was posted in the update notes, which included the Mulan & Li Shang combined Family Introduction (6hr) task which would produce the 'Leaf Mane'. I didn't see any others listed in the notes, which would suggest the other Lion King characters will be producing most of the items. Of course, the update notes have proven to be inaccurate before on this, so we don't even know that the task listed was accurate. I would assume Rafiki might again be the most useful character for gathering Simba's items. But the shorter answer to your question is "no".

Just following up that Mowgli currently does max out at level 2.
After opening the second new piece of land in Frontierland, Mowgli has a 12-hour quest. Following that quest, the prompt to welcome Bagheera comes up. Looks like this one will take a while.

Bagheera
6hr to welcome, 250,000 magic

Prickly Pear: (20 to welcome)
Flash - Coffee Break - 1hr
Mowgli - Call of the Wild - 1hr
Nick - Scope of the Scene - 1hr
Bagheera - A Calm Stroll - 1hr (not available yet)
Toy Alien - Oohs and Aahs - 1hr (not available yet)

Perch: (20 to welcome)
Bo Peep and Woody - Pizza Date - 12hr
Rapunzel - Painting in Gallery - 12hr
Golden Zephyr - 24hr

Bagheera Ears Hat: (20 to welcome)
Aurora and Prince Phillip - Tour of the Lands - 12hr
Flynn - Closer Look at the Crown - 24hr
Toy Alien - Space Travel - 12hr (not available yet)

I did a single Platinum chest twice before I unlocked three at once. The first two single chests I opened probably a dozen times each over two 24 hour periods with no Race Track. Getting that one definitely takes patience when your Happiness starts to decay in the second day and you've burnt up all your Wishes.

I'm down to three Platinum Chests 'saved' on my platforms but am back to having every single attraction in the game. It was worth 'wasting' the two extra chests.
Well it just paid off; I got the racetrack after about 5-6 tries and I'm really shocked by that. Especially considering I still have the teacup up for grabs too. Thanks for the tip @pyork24 !

With Simba becoming available tomorrow, I would leave all of them where you have them, or just level up one of them. That way, when you start collecting Simba items tomorrow, you can focus on his items, and increase your chances of getting said items. if you're collecting for too many characters, than your chances of collecting Simba items decrease, because a character job that you need for him might drops multiple items instead. If any of that characters need to be higher levels to collect Simba items, someone will post that on here fairly quickly. I'd suggest that you focus on creating as many Lion tokens as possible, they won't go to waste.

It's always difficult to figure out how far you want to level up characters. I've currently got Nala at level 5, ready to level, and all my other Lion King characters are level 7 or 8 and ready, or near ready to level. I'm currently at 14 Lion tokens and trying to increase that number as high as AI can today. Then after I welcome my Simba and maybe level him up to 2 or 3, I'll go back to leveling my other Lion King characters.

By the end of this event I'll want to be between 60K-80K event currency, and try to level up my characters as high as possible. If I "lose out on" 10 gems, but an able to level a few more characters up, I'm more than happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter