• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic at Cafe New Orleans

Califgirl

A girl can dream
I went to Disneyland today to check out the new POTC ride and try Cafe New Orleans.

I loved the ride, the changes really are enhancements and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I went to Cafe New Orleans for lunch. I was seated outside right away. The waitstaff were wonderful. I was by myself and several different servers came up to talk with me. I really felt welcome! The table next to me was a husband and wife and two small girls. They ordered the beningets (sorry can't spell!) for desert and shared one with me! It was very, very tasty! I was so overwhelmed and very, very greatful! What a really nice family. I had thought about ordering those for desert but when I saw a plate come out I realized there are 5 bengiets to an order and i couldn't possibly eat 5 bengiets after lunch there! So thank you so much to the really kind family who shared with me. WOW! I hope Disney Magic and pixie dust came to you during your visit there as well!

As for the restaurant, I really enjoyed sitting outside. It was warm, but my table was in the shade, so it was very pleasant. I was in front of the little pirate stage, so I got to watch the pirate show. And though most of the show faces the other way, the preformers did occassionally turn around and include the diners from Cafe Orleans.

The food was tasty and the presentation of the seafood crepes was lovely. The servers and wait staff were excellent. They really went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Refills of iced tea were there before I had to ask for them. The kitchen was fairly slow, but I have so much fun watching the people and the pirate show and talking with the servers and my fellow diners, that the time went quickly. I suspect if I was with others I woudn't have noticed that the food took so long. (I did notice that a table of 6 and a table of 4 were both seated after me and were served before me, so maybe it was something with my order) The entire dining experience took just under an hour.

It was a bit pricey, (about $20 for lunch - entree and drink with tax, no desert) but I would eat there again.

Sounds like a great experience! How nice of that family to share their desert with you. I'm with you though, I could never eat 5! So that's was really good of them to let you have one!

How was the lines for the POTC today? Hoping it's staying reasonable!

Glad you had such a nice experience. I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter