Disney Magic 27 Feb - 3 Mar 4- night West Caribbean from New Orleans

*Alexis*

Earning My Ears
Who else will be on this cruise from NOLA to Cozumel leaving on the 27th Feb 2023

There’s going to be 4 adults in our party. Also staying a few days before and after.
Awesome! Is this your first cruise with Disney? My group of 6 will arrive that Saturday, so not much time in the city. However, we're all excited for the cruise. 😀😀

Awesome! Is this your first cruise with Disney? My group of 6 will arrive that Saturday, so not much time in the city. However, we're all excited for the cruise. 😀😀
My daughter and I are mid-gold, my parents are mid-silver I think. My husband has not been willing to sail past his first cruise.

I will be. I'm a lifelong Disney fan and New Orleans native (so before and after the cruise I'll simply be "home"). I've been on several cruises before, but this is my Disney cruise (and my first cruise out of NOLA). It's also my first cruise completely solo, so I'm really unsure what to expect. But I figure with a Disney cruise, there should be enough to keep me entertained.

Who else will be on this cruise from NOLA to Cozumel leaving on the 27th Feb 2023
HI!! My family and I will be on this cruise! Me, hubby, and two little girls (3 yo and 8 yo). It's our FIRST cruise let alone DISNEY CRUISE! So excited to leave from New Orleans- I have family in LA, in Shreveport.... but the last time I was in NOLA, I was a baby and don't remember anything! Would welcome any tips/tricks or recommendations for the boat, excursion or even things to do in NOLA.

HI!! My family and I will be on this cruise! Me, hubby, and two little girls (3 yo and 8 yo). It's our FIRST cruise let alone DISNEY CRUISE! So excited to leave from New Orleans- I have family in LA, in Shreveport.... but the last time I was in NOLA, I was a baby and don't remember anything! Would welcome any tips/tricks or recommendations for the boat, excursion or even things to do in NOLA.
How long will you be in New Orleans for? There are plenty of family friendly things to do there. Here are a few:
  • Audubon Zoo
  • New Orleans City Park / Carousel Gardens
  • Swamp Tour
  • Louisiana Children's Museum
  • Mardi Gras World
  • Mardi Gras Museum
(I tried posting links to these, but it kept getting flagged as spam. But Google should help you find them.)

I’m not sure if you mean Ship or a boating activity. But if you mean tips on the ship, do. It miss the shows. They are very good.

The trivia is fun. You may be able to get a mixology class but if not there is some
Sort of trivia or activity all day.

The Magic and Wonder are smaller ships in comparison to the others and so it doesn’t take long to get a feel to where everything.

There will be plenty of character meeting ops.

Order room service - keep singles handy for
Tipping ($1/item) because tipping these positions is not included in your onboard gratuities.

Ride the slide. Play bingo.

I’m not sure if you know but while you have to pay for coffee in the coffee shop, the pastries are free! We brought a small plate with us to trivia and just bought beverages while in the lounge.

in New Orleans: Marduk Gras museum, zoo, parks, downtown tours, in Loranger there is a “safari” but it is COLD in LA most of the time in January/February - well since you are from Shreveport, you know that it can be 30 in the morning and 80+ in the afternoon.

We didn’t do an excursion in Cozumel, we just shopped and had lunch. IF you do shop, haggle.

We bought a lot of Rum cakes and a couple bottles of Rum and Mezcal.

Visit the mega store ( it is a huge supermarket Walmart type store).

Do not buy “Cuban” cigars from the vendors- they are fake and dry.

I buy antibiotics, lash serum and retin a from Mexico. I have a Farmacia that I order online and pick up from. But there are several around town.

Don’t try to do too much and take time to relax.

Enjoy yourself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter