Disney Lyric Swap ~ TIME TO MAIL!

Arizona Rita

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Disney/Pixar Lyric Swap!
Signups are the 13th of August with a due date of October 20th to me.
I will close this on Monday, August 17th. Since this is a smaller swap I hope that gives everyone enough time to make their selections. I hope that you will have fun with this swap.
Thanks in advance for playing!

Group Limits:
Since this is a small swap I ask that during the first 12 hours that this is open that you only choose 3 groups to give everyone who would like to play a chance to get the group they would like also. After the first 12 hours you may choose as many groups as you like.
Newbies are welcome to join us. I will ask newbies to limit themselves to 2 groups UNLESS you have a sponsor, because I dont know everyone.
Example: I dont know AWM because I havnt been in any of her swaps but Rebecca does and AWM really wants 3 groups. If Rebecca sponsors her I will let AWM have 3 groups. Does this make sense?

And I will be limiting this to 10 groups this time around as I am a new hostess!:goodvibes

Here are a few of the details/requirements:

Disney/Pixar Lyrics only
Font size, preferably 12 points, no smaller than 10 points.
Double matted after the lyrics, total 3 pieces of paper( I would let creativity override this, depending upon what you do)
Embellished twice with the usually menu choices
No smaller than 3x4, no larger than 5x7
Your choice of the part of the song as long as that part is recognizable by everyone (verse 1, 2, chorus, verse 2 and chorus. etc)
Group size, 8 players
At this time I am leaving the groups at 7 so that if one fills then I will open another in that category.

CREATIVITY
I would like all of you to have the freedom of creativity. You are not just limited to a photomat 4x6 size. If you choose "Mickey Mouse March" and you think it looks cute on a MM head shape please feel free to do that. I just ask that you try to keep within the size requirement. (Very Happy Unbirthday on a birthday cake would be cute, too!)

MAILING DATES

Closing~ Monday, Aug 17th
Check IN~ August 25th, please check your groups
Check In~ Sep 25th, progress update
Check In~ Oct 1st, last day to request Angels
Mail Date~ This is the date you need to have mailed to me by ~Oct 13th~
Due Date~ Oct 20th, I should have recieved everything by then
I am a Mom of 2 very active kids and understand if things go haywire in your life. If problems arise, please just be honest and upfront with me and I will do my best to work out anything with anyone.

Packaging Instructions
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS THROUGH CAREFULLY. If you are unable to package and label as follows, I respectfully ask that you do not sign up for this swap. Items that are not packaged and labeled properly are an added burden to the hostess; it really slows down the sorting process and increases the chances of you not getting back the pieces you are entitled to.

Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close. Label the bag with your DISname, name and group info:
AZRita
Rita Zagar
Group Title (Old Tyme Favorites)
Place the 8 individual bags inside a gallon size or larger bag. NO SMALLER. Although your items may fit in a quart size bag, the pieces you get back may not fit in a small bag. Label the outer bag also. The little paper slips that some of you use are fine. I appreciate your attention to the details here.

Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after October 13th [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Standard box – $10.35, Large - $13.95. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER October 13th. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible to for postal errors.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I'm hopefully not including too much info or leaving anything out.

Any thoughts or opinions or possible groupings that you would like to see, I'm open for all suggestions.

Look forward to hearing from you all!
Rita

Leaving this spot open for the future
This spot will be for sign-ups

1 Lets Go To The Movies (any Disney movie, any decade)FULL
1Bare Necessities~DIT
2Hercules~ZTH
3HSM2 (Fabulous)~123SA
4Heigh Ho~DT
5You Can Fly~DownRiverMamma
6Part Of Your World~Momto2Princesses

6C Parks, Parades and Rides, OH MY! FULL
1Everybody Has A Laughing Place~ Rebecca
2Tiki Room~AZRita
3Illuminations~Duchess Tisha
4Tower Of Terror~PBF
5Hakuna Matata~ZTH
6It's A Small World~DisneyBarlans

3 Princess Pretties (including Walt's human princesses, Annette and Hayley)
1 Pineapple Princess~ AZRita
2Enchanted~ZTH
3Colors Of The Wind~M22P
4Once Upon A Dream~Rebecca
5A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~DisneyBarlans
6Something There~Duchess Tish

4 Old Tyme Favorites (any forgotten oldie that can be worked into our lives, give example if you like)
1 Ugly Bug Ball ~AZRita (bug parties, gardening, Epcot Flower show, Flik)
2Mickey Mouse March~DIT
3The Ballad Of Davy Crockett~ Mickster
4Bon Jour~ Banana
5Grim Grinning Ghosts~Mariiiee(DT DD)
6Belle Note~ZTH

5 Pixar Power (anything Pixar)
1You've Got A Friend In Me~DIT
2Life Is A highway~ZTH
3Put On Your Sunday Clothes~Pinball Family
4Somwhere (Nemo/Bobby Darren) AZR
5Spirit Of Adventure~MIckster

6APARKS, PARADES and RIDES, OH MY! FULL
1Golden Afternoon (Alice in Wonderland)~ AZRita
2Grim Grinning Ghosts~DIT
3Pirates~Tisha
4Big Blue World~ZTH
5Pooh Ride~123SA
6Sword In the Stone~Pinball Family
7A Whole New World~M22P
8Figment Into Imagination~DRM

6B Parks, Parades and Rides, OH MY!FULL
1SpectroMagic~Duchess Tisha
2When You Wish Upon A Star~ 123SA
3Meet Me Down On Main Street~ZTH
4Golden Dream/USA/Epcot~ PBF
5One Little Spark~Rebecca
6Wishes~DisneyBarlans

PLAYERS
AZRita~ 1, 1B, 3, 4, 5, 6A,~POSTAL~HOME
[DIT~ 1, 1B, 4, 5, 6A[/COLOR~POSTAL~HOME
ZTH~ 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 6C~POSTAL~HOME
Pinball Family~5, 6A, 6B, 6C~POSTAL~HOME
123SA~ 1, 6A, 6B~POSTAL~HOME
[COLOR="Cyan"]Duchess Tisha~1, 3, 6A, 6B, 6C~POSTAL~HOME
DownRiverMomma~ 1, 6A~POSTAL~HOME

[COLOR="cyan"]Momto2Princesses~ 1,1B, 3, 6A~POSTAL~HOME
Rebecca~ 3, 6B, 6C~POSTAL~HOME
[COLOR="Cyan"]DisneyBarlans~ 3, 6B, 6C
~POSTAL~HOME

Mickster~ 4, 5~POSTAL
Banana~ 4~POSTAL~HOME
[COLOR="cyan"]Mariiee~ 4~POSTAL~HOME

I like your group listing! To tell you the truth, I've never paid much attention to lyrics and have never used them on any of my pages. But, I will branch myself out and join 2 or 3 of your groups. I've picked 3 and now just need to go find some lyrics that fit in them!!!

As much as I would love to join, this time frame should be smack dab in the middle of our "house hunt/moving" window. We haven't found anything yet, we've only been out looking 3 times, although we have one very good possibility. We want to have closed on something by mid-Oct. But if we get something quickly, it's possible that I might be able to be a last minute angel. Or my stuff could still be all packed up.

But I am available for answering questions. :goodvibes

So there are 6 groups that are available to join. Each group will have a max of 8 swappers. When a group closes, you will open another one, but once you have 10 groups in total, you will not open another one. Is this right?

I am interested in the Movies group and the park group -- but I'll need to do some research there.

Hey, I just realized...for font size...I think you mean 12 "point" font and not 12 "inches." Might be hard to fit on a page if it were inches. :goodvibes

BTW - I like your group sizes! I really enjoyed the Epcot swap where I got many items from one group. Personally, I am not liking the 4 person group sizes.

BTW - I like your group sizes! I really enjoyed the Epcot swap where I got many items from one group. Personally, I am not liking the 4 person group sizes.

It's interesting how we all like things different ways. I actually prefer the small groups of 4 (but larger groups don't stop me from joining in!:goodvibes). I love the creating process, but not the assembly part. Maybe I have a short attention span because I get bored after putting together 4 sets of the same thing!!!!:rotfl:

Hi Guys! Thanks for the responses so far!

Hope~ youre right~ 12 point it is! Will change that before signups!
MT2P~ glad youre joining us!
Susan~ There will be a total of 10 groups. If no other group titles come to me than I will open up 2nd sets of exsisting groups when they close.
I'm trying to think if there is any other sets anyone would be interested in or if I covered it all.
DIT~ I like the different size groups too. Ive done everything from 2 to 12
(countries and calendars). For full page I prefer 4. You say you like the design. I like the assembly! Im a very methodical person.
Hope~ I understand why you cant join us. I hate moving and told DH that if he ever plans on moving that he will have to do it all, cuz Im not moving. Either that or he can tell the new buyers that I come with the house!:lmao:
Thank you for offering to answer questions! You know I will have a ton of them!:hippie:

Is there a site where they have lyrics to songs? If so, I'll probably join a group or two. I just never pay that much attention to the singing. I'm probably too busy talking to hear what they are saying :lmao:

It's interesting how we all like things different ways. I actually prefer the small groups of 4 (but larger groups don't stop me from joining in!:goodvibes). I love the creating process, but not the assembly part. Maybe I have a short attention span because I get bored after putting together 4 sets of the same thing!!!!:rotfl:

Yup, that's what I like about the DIS swapping groups-- there are a wide variety of Swaps with a wide variety of requirements. Something perfect for everyone! :cloud9: I'm very happy that each swap has it's own "character and tone" instead of one strict set of rules. Great job Hostesses! :thumbsup2

(And for me, it hasn't been the assembly of more or fewer items -- I just like getting more! :woohoo: It's like Christmas :santa:)

I am in on this one! just need to decide what i want to do.

Love the song Ugly Bug ball. DD second bday party was the Beautiful Bug Ball though. Still super fun.

Is there a site where they have lyrics to songs? If so, I'll probably join a group or two. I just never pay that much attention to the singing. I'm probably too busy talking to hear what they are saying :lmao:

When I want lyrics I just google for them. Does anyone else know a better site?

It's a song that Burl Ives sings to Hayley Mills in the movie Summer Magic.

I love that movie.

It's a song that Burl Ives sings to Hayley Mills in the movie Summer Magic.

I love that movie.

So do I!! I wish they would issue those old Haley Mills movies on DVD!! I loved all of them. The only one I've seen out so far is Pollyanna.

HI
I'm still waiting for the ok from Bamb but was wondering if it would be ok with everyone if I opened sign ups next Thursday or Friday instead?
I would keep the due dates the same.
Thanks!:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter