Disney in August?

superdiz

Unofficial Disney Foodie - MOO
We are trying to decide if a trip August 11 - 19 would be right for us. Can anyone please help us decide?

What are the crowds like?

What is the weather like for the most part?

Any info you can provide is helpful, thanks!!

Kelly

WDW in August is better than no WDW at all. :teeth: If that is your only time available, go and enjoy! Having said that - -

Expect typical summer crowds, meaning <I>crowded</I>. MK is generally the <I>most</I> crowded and can be difficult to get around in (especially on weekends) except very early and very late.

Weather: You can expect it to be very hot and very humid. Wear LOTS of sunscreen, a hat or visor, good sunglasses, and cool, loose clothing. Carry water (or a frozen water bottle which will thaw) and keep hydrated. Be prepared for the standard afternoon thunderstorms, which may or may not happen. The rule in central FL in summer is to always carry a poncho or umbrella and have an alternate "indoor plan" for those times when your outdoor plans are hampered by rain and/or severe electrical storms. Don't mess with lightning - Go inside somewhere immediately!

But keep in mind that <I>most</I> FL storms are quite short-lived and the sun will soon return . . unless there is a hurricane nearby. :eek:

Completely agree with Taswira!

It's hot, humid and crowded, but a lot of fun if you're willing to zig and zag a bit.

We were there in mid-August, 2003, and thought we were going to become grease spots on the pavement! We're accustomed to heat (100 degrees and a bit above), but not that much consistent humidity.

Regardless, it was the only time we could go on the FTP last year, so we went and had a wonderful time! We were rained in (out?) one day, but made it our "rest" day instead of the following day. We slept in, bummed around the resort for a bit, and went offsite for a change of pace. Had a very light dinner and went to bed early (our body clocks are in a different time zone, so 9:00 p.m. was 6:00 p.m. to us!). We were ready to face the "World" the next day again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter