disney grand california sale start 1-25-09 for founding members

I'm a Disney fanatic and love DVC. We own 210 pts at OKW, and bought 100 pts at BLT last fall. But, I am absolutely in amazement that anyone would even consider laying down money for VGC without a locked down points chart. Am I missing something? I've scanned this and other threads and can't find details anywhere.

I'm a Disney fanatic and love DVC. We own 210 pts at OKW, and bought 100 pts at BLT last fall. But, I am absolutely in amazement that anyone would even consider laying down money for VGC without a locked down points chart. Am I missing something? I've scanned this and other threads and can't find details anywhere.
Well, for one brief shining moment (sounds like a lead into Camelot) there was a posting of a point chart and I happened to copy it down to my PC before it went back into the ether. When I asked my guide for point ranges he faxed me a copy of what they had to work with and it was exactly what I had downloaded, so I don't think I went into this blind. Now, can they change things up and reallocate? Sure they can. Look what happened with BLT and the point changes that happened even before they opened for occupancy.

I've got the points I wanted (150) and I'll use them to the best of my DVC ability!

I am absolutely in amazement that anyone would even consider laying down money for VGC without a locked down points chart. Am I missing something? I've scanned this and other threads and can't find details anywhere.

A VGC Points Chart was included with the VGC documents. So, if the points chart was unsatisfactory to the prospective buyer, he/she could simply not return the contract.

The chart is the same as those that have been shared on other threads. I agree that it is strange that the official 2009 chart has not been "officially" posted by Disney. I have no idea why that has not occurred yet. :confused3

A VGC Points Chart was included with the VGC documents. So, if the points chart was unsatisfactory to the prospective buyer, he/she could simply not return the contract.

The chart is the same as those that have been shared on other threads. I agree that it is strange that the official 2009 chart has not been "officially" posted by Disney. I have no idea why that has not occurred yet. :confused3

Forevercruising
Did you receive a VGC points chart in your document package? I asked my guide if I would and she said not because they hadn't done the 'print run' yet. I only received a max allocation matrix that compared VGC to the other resorts.

Forevercruising
Did you receive a VGC points chart in your document package? I asked my guide if I would and she said not because they hadn't done the 'print run' yet. I only received a max allocation matrix that compared VGC to the other resorts.

Hi! :goodvibes

Yes, but not a "normal" chart. The VGC Point chart is on page 16 of the Member Benefits Guide, in Section VI (Pre-opening Program). I couldn't find the point chart in either of the little booklets, but I found it in the Member Benefits Guide. :goodvibes :) :goodvibes

I have to admit everything is a little fuzzy on VGC. It is almost like they started selling before they were ready. I too am going on the chart that has been posted which matches the verbal list I got over the phone from my guide. Same with the dates for the cruise incentive. You see I want these points rrrreeeeaaallll bbbaaadddllllyyyy. So I have abandoned all common sense and caution.:scared:

Signing docs right now! Woo Hoo! I am marking all those palm trees and mouse ear spots right now!

Forevercruising

My guide gave me an official printed point chart about a week before sales started.

Just got back from a short day at DLR where we signed all the paperwork. Went into the park for a ride on IASW and the park seemed empty! Guess the rain kept most away.

Glad we got all the paperwork taken care of!

Just got back from a short day at DLR where we signed all the paperwork. Went into the park for a ride on IASW and the park seemed empty! Guess the rain kept most away.

Glad we got all the paperwork taken care of!

congratualations. and welcome home.

Signing docs right now! Woo Hoo! I am marking all those palm trees and mouse ear spots right now!

Congrats! What a great feeling to have that done. I tried to get down to DLR last Wednesday to sign my papers, but my car started to have problems. I took it to the dealership right away and it ended up being the transmission. I didn't get it back right away. We plan to get down there next Friday. At least this time the kids can go with us since there is no school.

Congrats! What a great feeling to have that done. I tried to get down to DLR last Wednesday to sign my papers, but my car started to have problems. I took it to the dealership right away and it ended up being the transmission. I didn't get it back right away. We plan to get down there next Friday. At least this time the kids can go with us since there is no school.

Have fun at my favorite place. And enjoy those free APs.

I am a founding member as many of you are and bought in for 125 pts at VGC. At first I was going to pass the VGC up but when they changed it from only DPs and offered the cruise instead...they had me!

Now I only have to figure out what to do with another 125 pts....decisions, decisions!

Good for you, we are sooooo excited also, we just recieved our papers also and are purchasing 180 points at VGC. I have really gotten so much information from all of you from reading these boards, so thank you so much. Now we just have to read and sign.... pixiedust:

... I only received a max allocation matrix that compared VGC to the other resorts.

Could you post what the possible reallocation is? I did some calculations on my own but I'd LOVE to see what Disney says they are!

I'm a FL purchaser so I can't buy VGC until March, but I'm trying to find out everything I can. Friday my guide called me with a CA based guide on a conference call and they confirmed for me the point costs for each season in a studio based on the leaked charts, but they said they didn't know what I was talking about when I was asking about maximum leveling / section 3.3 of the member agreement, etc. and I think that is exactly what you are referring to!

Thanks!

Good for you, we are sooooo excited also, we just recieved our papers also and are purchasing 180 points at VGC. I have really gotten so much information from all of you from reading these boards, so thank you so much. Now we just have to read and sign.... pixiedust:

I'll scan and post once I get to the office on Monday

Here's the VGC Max Allocation points and BLT,AKV for comparisons:
VGC:
Studio - 21
1BR - 42
2BR - 62
GV - 139

BLT:
Studio - 16
1BR - 39
2BR - 54
GV - 96

AKV:
Studio -15
1BR - 36
2BR - 45
GV - 99

I have to admit everything is a little fuzzy on VGC. It is almost like they started selling before they were ready.

Totally agree with you--feels very "by the seat of their pants"

Here's the VGC Max Allocation points and BLT,AKV for comparisons:
VGC:
Studio - 21
1BR - 42
2BR - 62
GV - 139

BLT:
Studio - 16
1BR - 39
2BR - 54
GV - 96

AKV:
Studio -15
1BR - 36
2BR - 45
GV - 99

Without going through the paperwork myself--so are these the maximum number of points that each unit type can bear? so a studio at VGC will never be more than 21 points a night?

Totally agree with you--feels very "by the seat of their pants"

If it helps any, AKV was worse....much, much worse. Small consolation, I know. :sad2:

Without going through the paperwork myself--so are these the maximum number of points that each unit type can bear? so a studio at VGC will never be more than 21 points a night?

No. The max allocation values are basically a yearly average. If DVC were to make the points flat such that every night of the year cost the same amount, THAT is what you would be paying per night.

About the only relevance to the max allocation figures is to do a resort-to-resort comparison. But even then it's pretty inexact since many resorts now have different room classes (BLT has 3 "views", AKV has 4) and you're also averaging the figures for a single resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter