Disney Gift Cards

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
We usually do the Redcard deal at target to get gift cards to pay for most of our dining.

We always get physical gift cards but I think it’d be easier if we did digital. Is it a hassle to use those in the park? Or at like the pretzel stands? I’d assume they have a scanner?

Thanks!

We usually do the Redcard deal at target to get gift cards to pay for most of our dining.

We always get physical gift cards but I think it’d be easier if we did digital. Is it a hassle to use those in the park? Or at like the pretzel stands? I’d assume they have a scanner?

Thanks!
I didn’t think you can use digital gift cards in the parks.

Well this is interesting! Then I want to know why you can’t use gift cards via the app, particularly for mobile ordering. It’s so annoying!

I agree, so many people use gift cards they should have dealt with this by now.

Okay while I’ve opened up this topic: has anyone used the Disney gift card site to transfer balances before? I’m thinking of buying the $500 e gift card then transferring that balance to one of my physical cards so it’s all in one place.

That’s really the reasoning behind all my questions- Target only sells physical ones in $50 and $100 amounts but I’d rather have it all in one or two places rather than carry a giant stack of cards. 😂

Okay while I’ve opened up this topic: has anyone used the Disney gift card site to transfer balances before? I’m thinking of buying the $500 e gift card then transferring that balance to one of my physical cards so it’s all in one place.

That’s really the reasoning behind all my questions- Target only sells physical ones in $50 and $100 amounts but I’d rather have it all in one or two places rather than carry a giant stack of cards. 😂
I have done this several times. Last wk, I bought ecards from the Disney site using my Disney Rewards card. I have 3 physical cards. I put some money on each of my daughters cards and left the rest on the 3rd card. If you don't already know, you can register your cards here https://disneygiftcard.com/GiftCard/Detail/sorcerer-mickey-music-and-magic

As an FYI you can only have 5(?) cards active on the GC site at one time so be sure to delete any with a zero balance. Even if you delete a card with a balance the balance remains on the card so don't be afraid to delete one of those.

Great advice, thank you everyone! Will make it much easier to transfer balances to one or two cards.

I transfer using the site all the time as do many people in the Disney Gift Card thread on the Budget Board :) Besides the 5 card limit remember the max you can load onto any card is $1,000. Also, you can’t move partial balances- you can only transfer the total value of the gift card.

I transfer using the site all the time as do many people in the Disney Gift Card thread on the Budget Board :) Besides the 5 card limit remember the max you can load onto any card is $1,000. Also, you can’t move partial balances- you can only transfer the total value of the gift card.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks again everyone!

Just a heads up for everyone doing this, we just ran into an issue with doing this in the store. I have the Target debit card and went to buy $1000 in gift cards and my transaction was declined. I was told to call the Red Card number so I sat there and called them and after talking to the supervisor was told that it was too large of a transaction and that's why it was denied. I just did this back in December for our last trip and I told her that and she said she couldn't say why. The girl at the check out said it happened to someone earlier today too buying Disney gift cards with the Red Card.

Luckily for me, the girl working at the register was a former student of mine and just overrided me the $50 discount (awesome girl!) but otherwise I was told by the lady on the 1-800 number I had to call that my only solution to this issue was to use my regular debit card and then she would credit my bank the $50 'in a week or so.'

Yikes! What a nightmare. I've done this so many times and have had the Red card for nearly 2 years so I have no idea why this happened.

Just a heads up for everyone doing this, we just ran into an issue with doing this in the store. I have the Target debit card and went to buy $1000 in gift cards and my transaction was declined. I was told to call the Red Card number so I sat there and called them and after talking to the supervisor was told that it was too large of a transaction and that's why it was denied. I just did this back in December for our last trip and I told her that and she said she couldn't say why. The girl at the check out said it happened to someone earlier today too buying Disney gift cards with the Red Card.

Luckily for me, the girl working at the register was a former student of mine and just overrided me the $50 discount (awesome girl!) but otherwise I was told by the lady on the 1-800 number I had to call that my only solution to this issue was to use my regular debit card and then she would credit my bank the $50 'in a week or so.'

Yikes! What a nightmare. I've done this so many times and have had the Red card for nearly 2 years so I have no idea why this happened.
I have been told you can only buy $300 at a time in-store (and this includes all gift cards, so if you get a $50 Starbucks card you can only get $250 Disney, and so on). I order the $500 ones online via e-certificates for cruises when I want a larger amount. I think this is per day, not per transaction, so if you want $1k you'd have to visit the store 4 times.

I have been told you can only buy $300 at a time in-store (and this includes all gift cards, so if you get a $50 Starbucks card you can only get $250 Disney, and so on). I order the $500 ones online via e-certificates for cruises when I want a larger amount. I think this is per day, not per transaction, so if you want $1k you'd have to visit the store 4 times.

Interesting, I wonder why it didn't hassle me when I did this back in December... I bought at least $800 worth in one time. But this is good to know for future reference. The lady on the phone I had to sit and talk to was quite rude- just kept saying 'I don't know why it's not working' again and again.

Interesting, I wonder why it didn't hassle me when I did this back in December... I bought at least $800 worth in one time. But this is good to know for future reference. The lady on the phone I had to sit and talk to was quite rude- just kept saying 'I don't know why it's not working' again and again.

I just purchased $900 in Disney physical giftcards last week before our trip using the Disney redcard with no issues. I always go to Customer Services to do it however.

I recently bought $500 in physical Disney gift cards in store in one transaction, and I've only had my Red card for a few months. The week before they had declined my cash withdrawal of $40 because I had withdrawn another $40 within the same 7 day period. (but they allowed my $100 Target merchandise purchase to go through without the cash withdrawal.)

When I called about it they said that they can't tell me what my limit is but that it will increase over time with increased transactions by me. :sad2: Very annoying. When I asked who I could talk to to find out my limit they said I had to snail mail a letter to customer service - that there wasn't even an email address they could give me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter