Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know the focus here is Disney, but has anyone found a way to get discounted Universal Studios gift cards?

So, if you have fuel points, you can get a discount on various gift cards? Is that how it works? We have a Krogers nearby. But rarely shop there as Walmart is basically right next door. But if we're able to get points to be able to buy discounted gift cards, we might start shopping there.

So, if you have fuel points, you can get a discount on various gift cards? Is that how it works? We have a Krogers nearby. But rarely shop there as Walmart is basically right next door. But if we're able to get points to be able to buy discounted gift cards, we might start shopping there.

The discount isn't on the gift cards themselves but in the form of discounted gas. So when they offer 4x the fuel points you can get $1 off per gal of gas up to 35 gal per $250 in gift cards. I believe that's just a hair under 15% if you can use all 35 gal in one fill up. With a cash back credit card that gives extra cash back on groceries that can bring the discount to nearly 20% all together.

Even if you didn't use the Sam's membership for your Dis gc's, its not a terrible thing to have. Can you can get it free using the referral link ($20 gift card) + the Amex offer? If so, then why not just go ahead and get it? We have found that Sam's has cheaper prices on things we buy vs Costco + you can use the Sam's gift cards at Walmart. Additionally, Costco/Sam's gas is the cheapest around.

If it were me, I'd look for a better discount on the Disney cards (my target is 20%). If your cruise is getting close, and you still need Disney cards, then use your Sam's cards. If you end up with a surplus of Sam's, thats not terrible!
I signed up using the Amex deal plus the referral....amex is crediting REALLY slow recently, but it finally did..... I still haven't seen anything about the $20 referral gc.... I'm starting to think it's not legit...oh well, I basically joined just to max my WM gc anyway for dis....I can always cancel and get my money back later

I signed up using the Amex deal plus the referral....amex is crediting REALLY slow recently, but it finally did..... I still haven't seen anything about the $20 referral gc.... I'm starting to think it's not legit...oh well, I basically joined just to max my WM gc anyway for dis....I can always cancel and get my money back later
For anyone else considering doing this, the $15 egift Card plus chicken, cookies, and pizza works and is really easy to use. I got the egift card right away and the other items are loaded to your card. Went to Sam’s yesterday, got my card, used my gift card, and got a chicken. My sam’s Is so much less crazy than my Costco. Need to try the scan and go app. Also I definitely noticed some things (e.g., cascade) were cheaper and they had other things I needed on sale like windex and trash bags. Need to keep Costco until my cruise, but I might consider switching just to avoid the crowds!

I haven't seen the $20 gift card either. I finally did an online chat yesterday. The rep said she was going to escalate the issue and we should get an email soon. I'm skeptical.

For anyone else considering doing this, the $15 egift Card plus chicken, cookies, and pizza works and is really easy to use. I got the egift card right away and the other items are loaded to your card. Went to Sam’s yesterday, got my card, used my gift card, and got a chicken. My sam’s Is so much less crazy than my Costco. Need to try the scan and go app. Also I definitely noticed some things (e.g., cascade) were cheaper and they had other things I needed on sale like windex and trash bags. Need to keep Costco until my cruise, but I might consider switching just to avoid the crowds!

Wish I had gone that route with the $15 egift! I think Costco has a better selection, but Sam's tends to cost less. Since we keep Costco for the cruises, we'll probably shop both. I need to visit both and make a price list to compare.

The discount isn't on the gift cards themselves but in the form of discounted gas. So when they offer 4x the fuel points you can get $1 off per gal of gas up to 35 gal per $250 in gift cards. I believe that's just a hair under 15% if you can use all 35 gal in one fill up. With a cash back credit card that gives extra cash back on groceries that can bring the discount to nearly 20% all together.

Adding to this - Get a $100 Visa (fixed amount) first. Then buy your Disney gift card with the $100 Visa in a separate transaction. You get 4x on both transactions. Even with the Visa fee, its worth it! Some locations won't let you buy a gift card with the Visa gift card. Run as a debit with pin to avoid hassles.

Adding to this - Get a $100 Visa (fixed amount) first. Then buy your Disney gift card with the $100 Visa in a separate transaction. You get 4x on both transactions. Even with the Visa fee, its worth it! Some locations won't let you buy a gift card with the Visa gift card. Run as a debit with pin to avoid hassles.
Do you know if the $6 fee $100 Visa/MC is working with the current 4x travel bonus? It isn't under the travel cat in gift card mall but sometimes other cards work during the category 4x deals.

Do you know if the $6 fee $100 Visa/MC is working with the current 4x travel bonus? It isn't under the travel cat in gift card mall but sometimes other cards work during the category 4x deals.

I haven't tried, but I assume it would not. At 2x, you would get 200 points - worth $7 (if you get the full 35 gallons). Thats just over break even with the $6 fee. I'm lazy and probably wouldn't do it unless there was a 4x promo.

Hey everyone,
I just had an online chat with Target customer service. I was told that we can no longer use Target gift cards for Disney gift cards. My Target in San Antonio would not let me use them so I thought I would check into it while I was still in store. I am now out 600 I was going to use for Disney Vacation.

Hey everyone,
I just had an online chat with Target customer service. I was told that we can no longer use Target gift cards for Disney gift cards. My Target in San Antonio would not let me use them so I thought I would check into it while I was still in store. I am now out 600 I was going to use for Disney Vacation.
I’d try other stores. Most of us are still able to buy Disney gift cards with target gift cards in store. Also did you try self checkout?

I stopped in at Target yesterday. Purchased $300 in Disney gift cards along with a few other items. The total came to $369. I handed the cashier a $300 Target gift card and the balance I put on my Red card. No problems. Yay!
I get the feeling I will eventually not be able to do this as so many others are beginning to be unsuccessful. FWIW I'm in Chicago.

Hey everyone,

Purchased a $50 Disney gift card two days at Target. It's very YMMV- try a different store near you.

I had more than $40 eBay bucks from the last quarter of 2017, so I used that to buy a $50 Disney gift card. Actually paid $52 shipped. But with my free eBay bucks, I actually paid $12. Also just redeemed my rewards $$ on Walmart and will be buying a $25 gift card. Had $11 reward dollars, so it will cost $14. Also sold some of my "junk" that I cleaned out this weekend (read about that in the destash topic. I will use that to buy a Disney gift card. My goal is to pay for all of our food and spending on our April trip using Disney GCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter