• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the CF card offering 5x on purchases from Wal-Mart this quarter are you not allowed to buy Disney GC's from there at this time and receive the 5x points?

I was there to buy $25 in items then I wanted to get a $25 Disney GC but it told me I had to use another payment method. So once I took the gc off my purchases went through..

I mean if you buy a walmart GC first then can you use that to buy a Disney gc?

So with the CF card offering 5x on purchases from Wal-Mart this quarter are you not allowed to buy Disney GC's from there at this time and receive the 5x points?

I was there to buy $25 in items then I wanted to get a $25 Disney GC but it told me I had to use another payment method. So once I took the gc off my purchases went through..

I mean if you buy a walmart GC first then can you use that to buy a Disney gc?
You should be able to buy a Disney gift card at Walmart using CF. this doesn't make sense to me.

I tried ordering 4 different times today using different credit cards and PayPal. All 4 orders were cancelled immediately. I also got the possible fraud message. No idea why. I did email them but haven't heard back. Oh well.

Same. I ordered a card about $300 using Paypal, and I got the cancelled/fraud message. I tried ordering a $25 card, but that got cancelled with the fraud message too. :/

I had a rotten experience trying to redeem my CardCash Target GC!

First, you MUST enter the GC into the Target app to make it work. Just printing it out won't. So, I held up the line while I entered it into my app. Yes, I know that the instructions printed on the GC specify that you need to do this, but I loathe entering GCs into the Target app ever since several of them were stolen from my account and Target did nothing to replace them.

I entered the card info, and the app closed. Re-opened the app and tried again. It said the card had already been entered (but it didnn't show in the account). Signed out, closed the app, re-opened the app, signed in and...still no GC! I tried to enter it again, it tells me that it has already been entered. Close the app, re-open it. Still no GC, it says that my GCs cannot be retrieved.

Had the cashier void the purchase. Went to guest services. They couldn't get it to work, either. They even tried to put the balance on a physical GC but it wouldn't load. At that point, they offered to give me Target's 1-800 number. I thanked them but said no thanks. I've dealt with their customer non-service before.

Went back to my car. Put on the air conditioning and placed a call to Target Gift Card. Automated system can see the GC and it has the correct balance. So, I work my way thru the menu until I can reach a human being. She was pleasant but could not see the GC in my Target account. She confirmed that the GC had the right balance on it but could not figure out why it wasn't visible in my account. So, I thanked her and went on to the grocery store, stewing over the lost time and pondering my next move.

Blitzed thru the Acme because I wanted to get home and begin a dispute with CardCash over a non-working GC. With my luck, it's Senior Citizens day and there are only 3 lanes open. With all due respect to the geriatric crowd, some of them should really have assistance when they're shopping. The woman at the front of my line was bent so close to the credit card scanner that I thought she was going to topple over and hit her head. It was a very s-l-o-w line. So, I decided to use my time to delete the Target app, re-install it and try again.

No dice.

Delete. Re-install. And this time, register a new account.

Back to the car with my groceries. Decided to enter the GC # one more time before giving in to a public meltdown. SUCCESS!!!!!!!

I quickly added the second CashCard GC that I had purchased and I could see both of them in my new Target account. YAY!!!!! Took screenshots of both bar codes and pointed my Altima in the direction of Target again. Headed to the first register and grabbed 10 $50 Disney GCs. Paid with the CardCard Target GCs, 4 GCs earned from Perk and a $10 GC earned from ShopKick.

All is well. Except for the massive headache that I have from the stress.

ACK! This exact same thing happened to me. Except I still can't get it to work. But I am getting the same error and called from the store and the guy is trying to tell me that it is a bad access code. But it is working when I try to checkout online.

So then I just tried to place the order online but I get this error while buying Disney gift cards:

• please choose another payment method.
    You can't use a Target GiftCard to purchase one or more items in your cart. Please remove your gift card and choose another payment method to check out.
Is this new? I thought you could still purchase gift cards with gift cards online?

Not sure what to do at this point. The guys from Target.com told me to call cardcash but I think it is their app not working, not the card.

I did at least get a $15 gift card from Guest Services for my trouble. That was nice of them.

ACK! This exact same thing happened to me. Except I still can't get it to work. But I am getting the same error and called from the store and the guy is trying to tell me that it is a bad access code. But it is working when I try to checkout online.

So then I just tried to place the order online but I get this error while buying Disney gift cards:

You can't use a Target GiftCard to purchase one or more items in your cart. Please remove your gift card and choose another payment method to check out.
Is this new? I thought you could still purchase gift cards with gift cards online?

Not sure what to do at this point. The guys from Target.com told me to call cardcash but I think it is their app not working, not the card.

I did at least get a $15 gift card from Guest Services for my trouble. That was nice of them.
Kind of glad my orders were cancelled.

Not very new, but you cannot purchase any gift cards online at Target using gift cards as a payment method. This started many months (maybe a year now?) ago.

You can not purchase gift cards with Target gift cards online. In store only.

It's been well over a year since Target started to deny GC-> GC purchases online. You can still use them in stores to purchase 3rd party GCs with the exception of Visa/MC/AmEx GCs.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this, too. I'm just getting over my headache that the whole process brought on. Did you try deleting the app, re-installing it and then logging in with a new Target account? That's what finally did it for me.

It's been well over a year since Target started to deny GC-> GC purchases online. You can still use them in stores to purchase 3rd party GCs with the exception of Visa/MC/AmEx GCs.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this, too. I'm just getting over my headache that the whole process brought on. Did you try deleting the app, re-installing it and then logging in with a new Target account? That's what finally did it for me.

Oh man. I thought you just didn't get the 5% anymore. Not sure how I missed that. :rolleyes2

Shouldn't be a big deal, just need to get the dumb thing to work in store. I did try updating the app but maybe I will uninstall and reinstall. It is just frustrating that Target.com is telling me it is a problem with Cardcash. Blah.

Oh man. I thought you just didn't get the 5% anymore. Not sure how I missed that. :rolleyes2

Shouldn't be a big deal, just need to get the dumb thing to work in store. I did try updating the app but maybe I will uninstall and reinstall. It is just frustrating that Target.com is telling me it is a problem with Cardcash. Blah.
Yes, I got the same story from Target. I've found that whenever I have a problem with them, it's never their fault.

I bought $500 of Target cards from CardCash, loaded it into my Target app (thanks for however reported that was necessary) and used it to purchase 5 $100 Disney gift cards about 2 hours later. It all went very smoothly.

I bought $500 of Target cards from CardCash, loaded it into my Target app (thanks for however reported that was necessary) and used it to purchase 5 $100 Disney gift cards about 2 hours later. It all went very smoothly.
I bought two $999 cards for $899 each. Got them in my email a few hours later and loaded them into a new Target account on my computer. No problems there. Did have to try a few times to log out my regular account on my app and login with the new but it finally worked. Went to Target and bought 20 $100 cards after dinner, no problems at all.

Finally got it to work! Called and it just popped up in my account while on the phone with them. Phew.

For those that have luck at Bed Bath & Beyond and have a Chase Freedom Credit Card, they are offering their cards at 10% off right now. Not as good as Discover's 20% off but thought I'd mention in case you were looking for a way to use your Chase Freedom Points.

Sorry - I think I missed something. Can you clarify what you mean, "Discover's 20% off?"

Sorry - I think I missed something. Can you clarify what you mean, "Discover's 20% off?"
I'm not the PP, but I think they're referring to a time when Discover offered BB&B GCs for 20% less when you redeemed your Discover rewards for them.

I'm not the PP, but I think they're referring to a time when Discover offered BB&B GCs for 20% less when you redeemed your Discover rewards for them.

Exactly what @Marionnette said. You can redeem your cash back/points for gift cards, one being a $25 Bed Bath and Beyond for just $20 with Discover (at least they used to - I haven't checked recently). You can redeem your cash back/points with the Chase Freedom currently for 2,250 points for a $25 Bed Bath and Beyond gift card.

Same. I ordered a card about $300 using Paypal, and I got the cancelled/fraud message. I tried ordering a $25 card, but that got cancelled with the fraud message too. :/
Did you ever receive a response as to why? They marked my orders as fraud as well and I cannot begin to fathom a reason. They seem to be ignoring my e-mails. Disappointing.

That's what i thought. Not sure if it was something to do with going through a self check out register. But will try again.
Do report back! Sometimes select stores won't allow gift cards to be purchased at all with credit cards even though other stores in the chain allow it. Hoping for you it's just a self-checkout thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter