Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyones order from yesterday ship yet?
Last order i got a shipping notification on the same day, i'm probably just being paranoid :P
I know they've gotten rotten weather out there.

anyones order from yesterday ship yet?
Last order i got a shipping notification on the same day, i'm probably just being paranoid :P
I know they've gotten rotten weather out there.
They had a blizzard in the area where GCM is located. All businesses were shut down and I believe that the airport was closed as well. Chances are very good that nothing shipped out yesterday.

Sorry for the OT:

I am churning also for a new refrigerator so I also bought two of the Lowe's GC's that GCM has on sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Lowes-Gift-Card-for-90/252321821785?customid=27b79582f10d11e58e724668c053d5df0INT&pub=5574652453&campid=5337259887&afepn=5337259887&icep_id=117&ipn=icep&hash=item3abf8d7459&_trkparms=5374:Featured|5373:0&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

I know it is not Disney related but I know some of us are churning for things besides Disney, and I won't put churning info outside of this thread.
It's a good idea! along with a trip planned I have other life expenses too that get swept up in the savings fest!

Has anyone had this situation?

I opened a new eBay and PayPal for my hubby before the 5k cap was lifted on eBay. This is brand new. New eBay (he's never had one) and new PayPal with different credit card and bank account linked. He is 100% verified on PayPal.

Yesterday his account got the 4x offer and mine didn't, so I decided to churn through his account.

I placed one order for $900. No problems.

So yesterday afternoon I got my shipment from GCM of $800. I read here that we should probably go all in on this offer because there probably wouldn't be another before the end of the month. I ran out to Target and converted the $800 to eBay and tried to place another $900 order. It let me enter all of the GCs and then wouldn't let me log into PayPal. I got a few different error messages. We had a hiccup...we are unable to process...and some others worded a little differently, but basically the same. I cleared cookies and cache and changed browsers. Even tried my tablet thinking a different device might help. Nothing. I probably tried 4 or 5 times and once this morning. Won't go.

I guess it's because his account is new?? But I haven't called. He'll probably have to do that.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the GCs that are now linked to his account. I read a couple of stories that sometimes these errors never get straightened out. PayPal blames eBay and eBay blames PayPal and you never get anywhere. I'm worried that those GCs are now linked to his account because they let me enter them and I may never have access to this money.

Anyone have a similar issue and was it resolved? Sorry for such a long post. I swear...I have more trouble with this stuff. I've read every page and "think" I know what I'm doing, but I sure have a lot of problems!
Hhhmm. You said the account is 100% verified so that shouldn't be the problem. Maybe since there is a lot of activity Paypal put a hold on the account. For piece of mind place a fake order under your account and type in the gc codes to see if they are tied to your hubbys. It will say "cannot apply funds to this order" or something like that. I think it will give you peace of mind to know those cards are still available while you straighten out DH's paypal.

Buyer beware.
So I went to Sams Club bought 12 gift cards at $142.98 each for $150 worth of cards for total of 1715.76 saving me $84.34 .Now the problem.
Register froze as I swiped the CCthey couldn't get it to work, took me to new register rang them up there, I said well what abkht the frozr register I'll get charged twice. They saidno you won't it didn't go thru. They checked cash office said no charge went thru. I got home and have 2 pending charges of 1715 each. Well today they went thru I got charged twice. Now the headache of dealing with getting charge off the card all for stupid $85 not worthy the trouble.

Buyer beware.
So I went to Sams Club bought 12 gift cards at $142.98 each for $150 worth of cards for total of 1715.76 saving me $84.34 .Now the problem.
Register froze as I swiped the CCthey couldn't get it to work, took me to new register rang them up there, I said well what abkht the frozr register I'll get charged twice. They saidno you won't it didn't go thru. They checked cash office said no charge went thru. I got home and have 2 pending charges of 1715 each. Well today they went thru I got charged twice. Now the headache of dealing with getting charge off the card all for stupid $85 not worthy the trouble.

For my Discover card I have an app on my iPhone that notifies me literally the second a charge goes through. Other credit card companies have apps as well but I don't know if they have the same notification feature. The Discover one is so quick that it shows the charge having gone through before I've even finished writing the stupid signature that some stores require. That might have helped in this situation depending on when or how the register froze.

For my Discover card I have an app on my iPhone that notifies me literally the second a charge goes through. Other credit card companies have apps as well but I don't know if they have the same notification feature. The Discover one is so quick that it shows the charge having gone through before I've even finished writing the stupid signature that some stores require. That might have helped in this situation depending on when or how the register froze.
Literary 15 minutes after froze transaction I was home and saw the double pending transactions, called CC company and got assured that it'll most likely not go thru, well it did so not the headache starts

Literary 15 minutes after froze transaction I was home and saw the double pending transactions, called CC company and got assured that it'll most likely not go thru, well it did so not the headache starts
I've had that happen before & it took a few days & then the extra charge just disappeared. I hope it will work out that easily for you!

I've never had an issue with double charges being resolved. I'm sure that it will be fine. Give it a couple of days and then call your CC company again if it hasn't been taken care of.

Buyer beware.

I know that's really frustrating when you are trying to get a good deal and you have a mess up to deal with, but don't be discouraged. I really think this sounds like a local issue with their machine. I buy GC at Sam's a lot, often paying with a combination of other gift cards and my VISA and I've never had a problem.

As @Marionnette said, I've never had a double charge not be fixed within a week or so. Usually it just takes talking to a human who reasonably understands you would not have the exact same amount at the same store within a few minutes of each other.

Has anyone had this situation?

I opened a new eBay and PayPal for my hubby before the 5k cap was lifted on eBay. This is brand new. New eBay (he's never had one) and new PayPal with different credit card and bank account linked. He is 100% verified on PayPal.

Yesterday his account got the 4x offer and mine didn't, so I decided to churn through his account.

I placed one order for $900. No problems.

So yesterday afternoon I got my shipment from GCM of $800. I read here that we should probably go all in on this offer because there probably wouldn't be another before the end of the month. I ran out to Target and converted the $800 to eBay and tried to place another $900 order. It let me enter all of the GCs and then wouldn't let me log into PayPal. I got a few different error messages. We had a hiccup...we are unable to process...and some others worded a little differently, but basically the same. I cleared cookies and cache and changed browsers. Even tried my tablet thinking a different device might help. Nothing. I probably tried 4 or 5 times and once this morning. Won't go.

I guess it's because his account is new?? But I haven't called. He'll probably have to do that.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the GCs that are now linked to his account. I read a couple of stories that sometimes these errors never get straightened out. PayPal blames eBay and eBay blames PayPal and you never get anywhere. I'm worried that those GCs are now linked to his account because they let me enter them and I may never have access to this money.

Anyone have a similar issue and was it resolved? Sorry for such a long post. I swear...I have more trouble with this stuff. I've read every page and "think" I know what I'm doing, but I sure have a lot of problems!

Oh yes, lots and lots of PP issues with a new account. Verified and still error after error. And they are clueless to help...with their "Rolodex" of excuses lol! I've heard it all and tried it all. And now, I've given up since the 5k was lifted. None of the gift cards I tried to use ever stayed tied to the broken PP. only ones where they were actually partially used.

I have had a similar experience with a register freezing and the charge going through twice - not with gift cards but at Old Navy and it was a huge issue because the double charge did not drop off and I had to get Old Navy on the phone and then find someone at their phone place who know what was going on (that's a nightmare in itself) and then they had to call my bank and we had a three way call to resolve. I used a debit card so it was worse for me because it came out of my checking account. So I empathize with you and hope it works out and just disappears - otherwise it could be a fun journey to get corrected....

Got the dreaded email from Target. " Part of your order was cancelled". I had already spent the ebay gift cards but the small item I added for ebates is out of stock. I paid using a Target gc so will that refund go back on one of the 3 cards I used to pay? Its only a few dollars so I probably won't try to track down which one. Wondering if it will come up next time I go to pay with another gc.

Is his new PayPal account verified? That could be your problem right there. I believe that the limit on unverified accounts is $500, even if you're paying with GCs.

I have read a lot online and have experience with this situation. If a gift card was never used it won't lock to an account. To check which gift cards are locked to a Paypal account go to Paypal classic view they click on Wallett then MyMoney and you should see a box come up that says "Gifts and discounts." I also provided the link you can click on this link https://wwwt.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-pie-available . This will show you any eBay gift cards linked to your account with PayPal.

H
owever, after eBay lifted the limit they changed the nature to of how the gift cards lock to an account and as of now eBay gift cards actually lock to your eBay account upon first usage. eBay is taking more control over the program formally run by PayPal. This is why all of you are seeing eBay gift cards activate instantly instead of in 4 hours. Gift cards purchased prior to the recent rule change are still affiliated with a PayPal account and after the rule change it is now eBay. This being said the new rules also state you can use unlimited gift cards with a verified or non-verified account as long as the transaction limit is under $1,000 so this should not be a concern.

The only issues I have had are when you go over the allotted transaction limit. For Example, attempt to use a $100 gift card when you have already entered the $1,000 allowed. This sometimes will cause the system to glitch and lock this gift card or all of the gift cards to the account.

If you end up have any issues after reading this, feel free to message me and I am happy to help.

Oh yes, lots and lots of PP issues with a new account. Verified and still error after error. And they are clueless to help...with their "Rolodex" of excuses lol! I've heard it all and tried it all. And now, I've given up since the 5k was lifted. None of the gift cards I tried to use ever stayed tied to the broken PP. only ones where they were actually partially used.

Oh, thank goodness! I've not had a moment to put through a dummy order on my account to check, but I'll do that as soon as I can. It is reassuring to know yours weren't tied to the messed up account, though.

What do I do if he'd like to have his own eBay and PayPal? Can the messed up PayPal be deleted if it's never fixed? We are out of bank accounts to open a whole new one! LOL

Oh, thank goodness! I've not had a moment to put through a dummy order on my account to check, but I'll do that as soon as I can. It is reassuring to know yours weren't tied to the messed up account, though.

What do I do if he'd like to have his own eBay and PayPal? Can the messed up PayPal be deleted if it's never fixed? We are out of bank accounts to open a whole new one! LOL

Yes this is possible. What you can do is close your Paypal Account. There should be a link toward the bottom left after clicking the settings tab. This will close the account forever. DO NOT REOPEN A NEW ACCOUNT WITH THE SAME E-MAIL. This will cause a freeze on any associated Paypal accounts. I would wait a few days after closing the account and use a different e-mail address. I have done this before with no problems.

Like another poster suggested, I would use a new email to try to create the new PP. You can close the 'broken' one very easily. I did the same with the one I had set up for my dh. I did, however, link him back to my old PP (which he had been on for years and years) and that PP is working fine and he is still able to use it. I really only wanted the other PP so we could get around the 5k limit but that is no longer an issue.

You have had a ton of problems with this whole process! I'm so sorry. That must be really frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter