Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not recommended! ToS expressly limits you to 2 accounts. One for Business and one for Personal. Anything more and you are playing with fire.
Besides, unless you have multiple Ebay accounts, which is forbidden, you can't take advantage of more than 2 paypal accounts.

Keep it up and I predict you will be posting that you were banned.

Not true, you can have multiple eBay accounts as long as you do not intend violate eBay's policies. For example, if you are a seller that sells laptops and iPhones. You could have an account just for laptops and one just for iPhones. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html

What I wouldn't do is use multiple eBay accounts to buy daily discounted gift card offers in large quantities. Although, you could use multiple Paypal accounts to use more than $5000 a month in total gift card purchases at full price.

When it comes to multiple Paypal accounts I am not suggesting opening tons of accounts. I am suggesting closing one of your accounts in order to reopen a new account. This is allowed and would reset your $5000 gift card limit, but I wouldn't suggest closing a Paypal account then reopen them under the same e-mail address. In the past I have waited a week or so before reopening a new account. You can have multiple business accounts at the same time if the business names are different. I wouldn't take it too far, but if you have eBay bucks to redeem at the end of the quarter and are at your limit it is a solution.

Thank you....that is exactly the information I needed. One more question...if I'm using the eBucks to buy a $50 Target card, should I combine it with one of my other $150 cards and buy (4) $50 cards ($4.97 in shipping) vs. buying (1) $50 card and (1) $150 card ($5.98 in shipping)? I know there is a hassle with having (4) Target cards but I could just use them to buy (1) $200 Target card...and earn MyPoints in the process, right?

I think you're locked into thinking you have to buy something that's $50 with it. If you're combining it with another purchase, you can just put $55 towards what you would have bought anyway. I'd choose from 4 options...

If there is an eBay bucks promotion during the cash-out window:
1) You could buy (2) $150 cards for $303.98 and only use $248.98 in ebay cards to do it.

2) Alternatively, you could buy (2) $150 cards and (1) $50 for $355.97, using $300 in ebay gift cards, $55 in ebay bucks, and $.98 out of pocket.

If there's no promotion during the window:
3) Just buy a $50 target card, with $2.99 shipping, and have $2.01 in ebay bucks that you don't use.

4) Or buy a $50 target card as above, and put the $2.01 plus $12.99 out of pocket towards a $15 ebay gift card. (Unfortunately, I think the $15 card is the smallest they sell.)$2.99 out of pocket towards a $5 ebay gift card.

Which is the best option depends on if you add any more to your ebay bucks total before the end of March and if you catch an ebay bucks deal in the redemption/cash-out window. If eBay throws another 4x or 5x deal at you before April, it changes everything!

Last edited:
I'm up to about $260 in ebates off target and eBay. I'm nervous they will go back and look at the orders before paying me cancelling all the gift card purchases?

I'm up to about $260 in ebates off target and eBay. I'm nervous they will go back and look at the orders before paying me cancelling all the gift card purchases?

Wow, Patrick, that is a lot! I have never had that much. My highest is only ever about $120 but I do not go through ebates for the Target GC purchases every time, and I go through TCB for ebay purchases. The lady who posted not too long ago about being banned had about $300 in ebates. She wondered if that contributed to her banning. Maybe you should skip ebates for now?? I can't even imagine how you accumulate that much.

Wow, Patrick, that is a lot! I have never had that much. My highest is only ever about $120 but I do not go through ebates for the Target GC purchases every time, and I go through TCB for ebay purchases. The lady who posted not too long ago about being banned had about $300 in ebates. She wondered if that contributed to her banning. Maybe you should skip ebates for now?? I can't even imagine how you accumulate that much.

My last one was $300.84 and I'm up to $194 so far this quarter. I wouldn't be worried.

The lady who posted not too long ago about being banned had about $300 in ebates. She wondered if that contributed to her banning. Maybe you should skip ebates for now?? I can't even imagine how you accumulate that much.

I think it was more likely the fact that she bought $25,000+ of gift cards in a short period of a few months. She also said that she did a lot of other (non-Target) online shopping that added to her Ebates.

The eBay/Paypal limits I am currently aware of:

1. $5,000 in gift cards in any 180-day rolling window. (Paypal restriction)
  2. $500 maximum in eBay bucks earnings in any given quarter. (eBay restriction)
  3. $100 maximum in eBay bucks in any one transaction. (eBay restriction)
So if you got rid of #1, yes, you could earn $2k per year per account. #3 has no true limiting function on your yearly earnings, it just forces you to generate more transactions to maximize your earnings.

Thank you, PerfessorZ! Helps to have others to 'talk it over' with and confirm things, or figure out what works and what doesn't! I've been thinking and trying to figure out a couple strategies that might work well, and will be back to look for more guidance from those with more experience/knowledge, lol!

Now I have two questions before I do that. First, is anyone still regularly using Raise? That's the only one I feel sorta safe in using, but, haven't used, well, forgot I used it once, since the sale in Dec on Target gc's. Are many using Raise regularly at all still, or have most cut out the reseller sites? I'll probably use a cc at Ebay/paypal during a promo sale this month/for this quarter(hopefully), to get more gc's going, instead, but checking for other opinions on Raise to see what others are doing these days.

Also, if you were to use two Paypal accounts for one Ebay account, how do you switch to use the other paypal account? When I purchase my gc's, and confirm and pay, it takes me right into my signed in paypal. I tried to leave there and sign into Paypal separately and I couldn't find anything there for my gcm order to pay. I was trying to see how to do that if I decide to use two paypals to one Ebay. I might do that as well as setting up new Ebay/Paypal account for DD25. I had to go back to Ebay and to my cart, and check out again, which I thought I had already done.

TIA!!

Now I have two questions before I do that. First, is anyone still regularly using Raise? That's the only one I feel sorta safe in using, but, haven't used, well, forgot I used it once, since the sale in Dec on Target gc's. Are many using Raise regularly at all still, or have most cut out the reseller sites? I'll probably use a cc at Ebay/paypal during a promo sale this month/for this quarter(hopefully), to get more gc's going, instead, but checking for other opinions on Raise to see what others are doing these days.

Also, if you were to use two Paypal accounts for one Ebay account, how do you switch to use the other paypal account? When I purchase my gc's, and confirm and pay, it takes me right into my signed in paypal. I tried to leave there and sign into Paypal separately and I couldn't find anything there for my gcm order to pay. I was trying to see how to do that if I decide to use two paypals to one Ebay. I might do that as well as setting up new Ebay/Paypal account for DD25. I had to go back to Ebay and to my cart, and check out again, which I thought I had already done.

TIA!!

I don't use Raise or any other resellers for Target cards anymore. I have still purchased a handful of other store's cards in the last few weeks but I've just decided not to risk Target.

As for ebay and PP, you will need to 'unlink' your PP account from your ebay account. It will then force you to log in and at the ebay checkout screen and you can log in to a different PP.

I think it was more likely the fact that she bought $25,000+ of gift cards in a short period of a few months. She also said that she did a lot of other (non-Target) online shopping that added to her Ebates.

I do remember she had spent a ton on GC's.

The pp who said he was concerned about his ebates amount said he had $280 (or something like that) in ebates *just* from Target and ebay. That seems like it would raise more flags than $300 from a mix of stores. But maybe I am wrong. I really don't know what is triggering the bannings and feel it is best to avoid anything that might bring attention to your account.

I tried ordering just 4 cards with one of my $100 cards and it just got canceled again. I did see that there were Disney cards at my Best Buy, so I might just have to buy those, though I was hoping to churn this money through a few more times. I guess that is just the risk that I took by buying into the Best Buy cards. Ugh.
I can't remember but if my BB has the Disney cards, can I use my BB myrewards toward the purchase of the gift card? I've got about $10 in BB rewards I need to use.

Well, I'm officially on the plane to start our Disney vacation. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and comments and posts on this board that helped me save 39% on this trip (over 2k). You all helped make a way too expensive trip affordable.
I am duly impressed! I hope the weather is warm and the crowds are manageable. Have a wonderful vacation!

From everything I've read about messing with paypal accts.....be careful. They tend to shut you down pretty fast (so I read on other forums) much quicker than most places- it's something I've never 'messed' with as far as accts b/c it doesn't sound like fun to sort out money and accts if you get shut down....

For those of you using Target gift cards to buy Disney GC's is there a certain amount that is recommended to purchase at a time so to not flag attention? It seems as though there needs to be some sort of faq on things like this. I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this.

For us newbies that are not yet getting extra ebucks, should we continue to do the target-ebay-target thing indefinitely? Just trying to get it right in my head.Starting with a $100 Target card we earn $5 by buying $100 in ebay gc's by switching the payment from our Red Card. Use those to buy Target cards on ebay ( but the shipping equals the regular 2 percent extra bucks so that's a wash. So we earn $5 with one complete churn in this example? ?? ( not including any earnings from a shopping portal if used of course)

For those of you using Target gift cards to buy Disney GC's is there a certain amount that is recommended to purchase at a time so to not flag attention? It seems as though there needs to be some sort of faq on things like this. I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this.

I don't think any of us really knows for sure what will get Target's attention. Is it frequency of purchases, total amount purchased, the amount of an individual order or is it using gift cards from grey market sites like Raise or Cardpool? Hard to know.

For us newbies that are not yet getting extra ebucks, should we continue to do the target-ebay-target thing indefinitely? Just trying to get it right in my head.Starting with a $100 Target card we earn $5 by buying $100 in ebay gc's by switching the payment from our Red Card. Use those to buy Target cards on ebay ( but the shipping equals the regular 2 percent extra bucks so that's a wash. So we earn $5 with one complete churn in this example? ?? ( not including any earnings from a shopping portal if used of course)

I would recommend waiting until you get an ebucks offer. The $5,000 in gift cards limit goes much faster than you would think. You could do it to get a feel for the process, but you sell yourself short when you do it for the regular 2%. I would spend my time building up my gift cards from swagbucks and perk so that I had more to churn. The more you do each time the bigger the profit margin. (I used to do it on the 2%, I quickly learned it is best to wait!)

I would recommend waiting until you get an ebucks offer. The $5,000 in gift cards limit goes much faster than you would think. You could do it to get a feel for the process, but you sell yourself short when you do it for the regular 2%. I would spend my time building up my gift cards from swagbucks and perk so that I had more to churn. The more you do each time the bigger the profit margin. (I used to do it on the 2%, I quickly learned it is best to wait!)
Thanks. So should I buy $200 worth of eBay gc's with the $200 in Target gc's I have on hand right now to be ready in case there's an ebuck's offer I am offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter