Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how many of us who got locked out because of PPDG recently cashed in all of our eBucks through PPDG for eBay gift cards. I know I did $400 on one account and $250 on hubby's last week/weekend. Maybe the extra I tried to do for GS yesterday put it over the edge?

Based on my experiences, I would say this is most likely what happened.

I'm wondering how many of us who got locked out because of PPDG recently cashed in all of our eBucks through PPDG for eBay gift cards. I know I did $400 on one account and $250 on hubby's last week/weekend. Maybe the extra I tried to do for GS yesterday put it over the edge?

In my case, no. This would have been the first time I've done anything through DH's account. He uses ebay rarely (possibly the trigger for the lock). I tried to purchase $300 with ebay GCs and it was a no go.

I had huge problems yesterday trying to buy digital gift cards from Ebay for GS and had it lock up my paypal account repeatedly. Finally I called Paypal and learned from them, that if you are using an ebay gift card you cannot make a purchase through Paypal Digital Cards using that as payment, you have to use cash. I finally ended up having to send them a copy of my drivers license in order to unlock my account after the 10th time. I gave up trying to make a purchase yesterday at 8% and know moving forward I will only buy target gift cards through GCM.
I was also told that utilizing the $25 gc to pay for my $20 Ghirardelli sale gc could have triggered the security hold due to gc - gc purchase.

What I've learned from Paypal regarding PPDG: Their systems are much tighter on digital gift cards due to fraud (I was actually told that by a Paypal rep a few weeks ago). If you've successfully placed one order, don't try again for a couple days. Also, don't try for an excessively large amount ($500 plus in my opinion and experience) at any one time.

This is absolutely untrue. Since the 1st of the year, I've bought over $5000 from PPDG and used an Ebay GC every time (including $400 yesterday). The problem comes from the volume of digital gift's you are attempting to buy, not the payment method. I do believe that they told you that though. It seems like they will say anything to get you off the phone. That, and at Paypal the right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing.

I don't think there is consistency here at all except the purchasing from PPDG. It's also untrue that the problem comes from the amount. This was my first ever PPDG purchase and I literally was buying ONE $25 Ghirardelli gc for $20 on sale with a $25 eBay gc. Since there seems to be no other reason for this triggering other than the purchasing anything in any format from PPDG, my rule of thumb will be if I'm expecting/wanting ebucks deal don't buy from PPDG within 24hrs of expectations OR have an alternate account for your Hail Mary. For me, I will be avoiding PPDG as I've ordered off this eBay account for over 10yrs elsewhere multiple items besides and including gc's for price ranges from $10-$1000 and never once had this "security protocol" lockout happen.

I would also hate for this continued issue with PPDG to put a flag on my account for gc purchases and be locked out of GCM and other sellers like PPDG or worse - eBay banned and losing ebucks I had built. For that matter, they could even flag my account to disallow ebuck offers due to ebuck usage since they're all the same company and potentially could track a pattern easier and decide they don't like my routine.

Last edited:
I agree that PPDG is definitely the common denominator. As far as amounts go, I was talking from my own experiences with them. I've never had problems with small amounts, or GC to GC purchases. It's frustrating, their inconsistency is mind-boggling.

Maybe "small" was the wrong description. There's no need to scan the UPC; the short, 12-digit barcode. You only need to scan the barcode on the gift card to activate it. If you scan the UPC, it will prompt you to can the other barcode. If you scan the long, gift card barcode first, you don't have to do anything else.

Oh! Are you talking about the eBay GC that I'm buying (and not the Target GC that I'm paying with)?

I got locked out yesterday due to trying to buy BB from PPDG. I have not bought from PPDG since January (and did not use my ebucks there either).

I agree that PPDG is definitely the common denominator. As far as amounts go, I was talking from my own experiences with them. I've never had problems with small amounts, or GC to GC purchases. It's frustrating, their inconsistency is mind-boggling.
I imagine there's some coder in a cubicle tinkering with the code trying to improve security measures due to increased corporate priority from the PayPal data breach last year or whenever that happened. They change one thing for improvement and voila - destroyed ebuck promo dreams.

I can confirm the AMEX offer works on e-gift cards. I bought 2x$25 (Chili's and Panera) and 1x$50 (Target) and I have already received the $25 statement credit. My offer is listed as "redeemed" though since it is a one-time use.
Hmm. The terms of the offer state it's not valid on e-gift cards, but I trust you that you received the credit for them! I may just buy a Disney card, which are physical only, but thank you for the information!

Second-How long does it take for shopathome to show a purchase? I shopped through them for the first time yesterday and have a $10 credit coming and then an extra $5 since I spent over $150-I'm not familiar with their timeframes and their website isn't the greatest.
I made my first purchase from Shop At Home on 4/22; the $10 showed up the same day or the next day, and the credit for my purchase plus the extra $5 showed up yesterday, so 5 days. However, the amount I was credited is not correct, unless I misunderstood something. When I purchased they were running a 3X promo for eBay. The regular percentage they give for eBay is 1% so the way I understand "3X" I should have received 3%. I only received 1.5%. I sent an inquiry through their website but have not heard back yet.

My Kroger store just ended an 4X Fuel Points promo.
We leave for our trip on June 14th.
Do you think they will have another one before then?
Was there one last year around the end of May for "Dads and Grads"?
I thought I remember one but I could be thinking of some other promo for another store.
Thanks,
Amy

My two gift cards from PPDG finally came through. Almost 48 HOURS after ordering. Not sure if I will order through PPDG again either.

Have you considered opening another ebay account? You are allowed more than one. You just can only earn ebucks on one. I'm not sure what else to suggest but I can imagine your frustration.
Thank you for the reply. :) It is frustrating! I did open a second ebay account but haven't gotten the offers there either or on my DH's. Not really sure what else I can do other than just go and buy Disney GC's for 5% off with my Redcard. But I also have a Disney Visa, and we get 10% off some things down at WDW so I am not even sure it would be worth it to bring gift cards for everything as we would actually save more using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter