Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the concern about using gift cards from raise within the 100 day mark to make sure the numbers can't be used by the seller after, is it safe to purchase the Target gift cards to use to get Disney gift cards? Any concern that when you go to use the Disney cards, there'll be a problem or is it ok since you technically use the Target card by purchasing the disney cards and then possibly combining them with another? I hope that makes sense.

With the concern about using gift cards from raise within the 100 day mark to make sure the numbers can't be used by the seller after, is it safe to purchase the Target gift cards to use to get Disney gift cards? Any concern that when you go to use the Disney cards, there'll be a problem or is it ok since you technically use the Target card by purchasing the disney cards and then possibly combining them with another? I hope that makes sense.
No. Once the target gift card is spent you are safe.

Where do y'all buy your target gift cards from on Ebay? if it just the general ebay store?
Gift card mall. They are generally at face value plus shipping but they do run sales. I wouldn't expect one this month since its eBay bucks redemption month.

I never worry about this. Go down to target, buy a $5 target giftcard (the one where you can add any denomination) and then as soon as you get the ones from raise move the money from the raise giftcard to the $5 giftcard. It's pretty easy using the target mobile site.

I never worry about this. Go down to target, buy a $5 target giftcard (the one where you can add any denomination) and then as soon as you get the ones from raise move the money from the raise giftcard to the $5 giftcard. It's pretty easy using the target mobile site.
I've actually had money drained from Target GCs even before I could transfer them to a new card. Within minutes of the serial numbers posting to my account! Raise was very good about refunding the money, but I definitely would not take my time doing the transfer. Some of those crooks are very cagey.

CodeGoddess, I'd love it if you would share your spreadsheet!

I bought Target cards from raise yesterday and went into the Target mobile app and added them then combined them with an existing gift card I had. Would that make me safe in that regards?

CodeGoddess, I'd love it if you would share your spreadsheet!

I bought Target cards from raise yesterday and went into the Target mobile app and added them then combined them with an existing gift card I had. Would that make me safe in that regards?

Yes it will. I tranfer mine as soon as the email comes over. That way I make sure the card has the correct amount on it and it can no longer be used by anyone else.

Private message me your email address and I will send it to you. :)

Yes it will. I tranfer mine as soon as the email comes over. That way I make sure the card has the correct amount on it and it can no longer be used by anyone else.

Private message me your email address and I will send it to you. :)
I think your only safe bet is to buy disney gift cards with the target gift card..ie draining the target gift card asap. I don't even think combining is safe as the original seller may still have the e gift card number of the target gift card.

just received a 5x ebay buck email :)
anyone else get it?

I did, but I seem to be getting only $2 eBay Bucks on a purchase of $100 Target Gift Card at Gift Card Mall. I recall getting that same amount back on a regular purchase (with coupon) without the eBay Bucks promotion. I checked the T&C, and the 5x promotion excludes eBay Gift Cards, but not Target. Any idea if this is a good deal?

I think your only safe bet is to buy disney gift cards with the target gift card..ie draining the target gift card asap. I don't even think combining is safe as the original seller may still have the e gift card number of the target gift card.

That's actually incorrect. Once you move the balance to a new giftcard the old card closes out as it has a 0 balance. No one can get any of the funds from it again.

I did, but I seem to be getting only $2 eBay Bucks on a purchase of $100 Target Gift Card at Gift Card Mall. I recall getting that same amount back on a regular purchase (with coupon) without the eBay Bucks promotion. I checked the T&C, and the 5x promotion excludes eBay Gift Cards, but not Target. Any idea if this is a good deal?

It doesn't start until 8:00 am PST.

I don't think you're absolutely wrong. It definitely is the safest way is to use it up right away. But combining or transferring the discounted Target GC to your personal is also safe.

I transfer all purchased discounted Target GC from these sellers to my primary physical Target card all the time. The original sellers may have access to the original Discount Target GCs, but they are balanced 0 because I personally have depleted those balances to my personal GC.

Did you click through to the site from the email? I noticed in mine it says you must click through the email to activate the promotion.

Edited to add: I am trying it now also, and am having the same problem. Hmmmmmm.

make sure you have ebay bucks on and accept promotions
eBay bucks are on and under account settings - communication preferences - promotions and surveys I have the first three boxes checked. Is there somewhere else to accept promotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter