Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmEx offer for Supermarket purchases I just saw today:
Get 1,500 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100+ in one or more eligible transactions in-store or online at U.S. Supermarket locations by 11/30/2017.

For those with cashback cards it should be a similar offer.

Not a Gift Card deal but there's also a Park 'N Fly $15 off $75 or more available until 10/31/2017.

I don't have that grocery store offer unfortunately. :(

Really good info - thanks. Some of my cards are auth user cards that have separate logins. My fear is that if I push it w/ customer service, they'll just tell me I can't get the offer more than once on the same account (primary + authorized). Think I might just let this one go . . .

@havaneselover - figured out yesterday that our local Best Buy has the Visa cards in stock now, but they are kept hidden behind the registers. You have to specifically ask for them.
I was there today getting $300 in Disney gift cards with the Best Buy gift cards I got from the Kroger offer. May need to go back tonight. Thanks for letting me know--been preoccupied with convincing my parents to leave SW FL but glad I checked disboards!

I was over at Best Buy today too, getting my $300 Disney Gift Card with my AmEx offer. Got the confirmation email right away, now just hoping the transaction posts quickly and $30 credit appears. (Also scanned Shopkick at purchase and got the walk-in kicks too).

When I went to pay, they had the option come up to apply for the Best Buy store credit card and get 10% off your first purchase. Obviously, I didn't do that, as I wanted to use my AmEx offer, but does anyone know if doing that would get you 10% off Disney gift cards?

Also stopped by Whole Foods while out to buy a $50 Whole Foods gift card w/my Chase Hyatt credit card to get the $20 statement credit with their offer. DH will do the same soon with his. Not a Disney gift card discount, but between us, it's $40 off groceries (DH has gotten into cooking classes lately and we have a brand new WF nearby he goes to for some ingredients), so not bad!

Also stopped by Whole Foods while out to buy a $50 Whole Foods gift card w/my Chase Hyatt credit card to get the $20 statement credit with their offer. DH will do the same soon with his. Not a Disney gift card discount, but between us, it's $40 off groceries (DH has gotten into cooking classes lately and we have a brand new WF nearby he goes to for some ingredients), so not bad!

I bought a $50 BB gc there last week and had the email by the time I was walking out the door. The credit applied to my accounts within a few days. I stopped at BB on the way home and converted it to Disney.

Really good info - thanks. Some of my cards are auth user cards that have separate logins. My fear is that if I push it w/ customer service, they'll just tell me I can't get the offer more than once on the same account (primary + authorized). Think I might just let this one go . . .

@havaneselover - figured out yesterday that our local Best Buy has the Visa cards in stock now, but they are kept hidden behind the registers. You have to specifically ask for them.
I would push it, because I didn't realize that one had to use each specific Amex card that the offer was under. For example, for a $10 cashback at Lowe's offer on my primary Blue Cash Preferred, my husband can't use his authorized card on that account for that offer, it has to be my card. If his specific authorized user card also has the offer, then he can use his card, and we can claim both offers.

I got a couple credits on offers that weren't showing up via chat due to the confusing way they run the offers; my mistake, so it's great they credited me after all, and I think I've got the hang of it now. Since each card, including authorized user cards, gets its own offers, you definitely deserve the credit for each offer on each card on which the offer was available.

I would push it, because I didn't realize that one had to use each specific Amex card that the offer was under. For example, for a $10 cashback at Lowe's offer on my primary Blue Cash Preferred, my husband can't use his authorized card on that account for that offer, it has to be my card. If his specific authorized user card also has the offer, then he can use his card, and we can claim both offers.

I got a couple credits on offers that weren't showing up via chat due to the confusing way they run the offers; my mistake, so it's great they credited me after all, and I think I've got the hang of it now. Since each card, including authorized user cards, gets its own offers, you definitely deserve the credit for each offer on each card on which the offer was available.

I know about the ways to add offers to authorized user accounts; however, I was under the impression (possibly erroneously) that this was a work around and that Amex would only allow one credit per account if audited by customer service. I'm considering an account to be defined as my card (as primary) and all authorized users. Perhaps when Amex says "per account" they are considering an auth user card as an account? In other words, an authorized user card is a separate "account" for Amex offer purposes? Have I been thinking about this incorrectly this entire time?

Ancillary gift card question, been saving up best buy gift cards from my swagbucks to try to pay down our flights for the cruise. I see that best buy has the $200 southwest gift cards online, does anyone recall if they have those in stores too? I remember seeing southwest but I didn't pay attention to the denominations. I'll have about 6 gift cards so even if they'd allow a GC-GC purchase through the online (people were getting cancelled, weren't they?) I doubt they'd take so many for one transaction so I'm hoping they're in stores too.

Ancillary gift card question, been saving up best buy gift cards from my swagbucks to try to pay down our flights for the cruise. I see that best buy has the $200 southwest gift cards online, does anyone recall if they have those in stores too? I remember seeing southwest but I didn't pay attention to the denominations. I'll have about 6 gift cards so even if they'd allow a GC-GC purchase through the online (people were getting cancelled, weren't they?) I doubt they'd take so many for one transaction so I'm hoping they're in stores too.
Last year around Christmas we got a variable load card there as a gift

AmEx offer for Supermarket purchases I just saw today:
Get 1,500 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100+ in one or more eligible transactions in-store or online at U.S. Supermarket locations by 11/30/2017.

For those with cashback cards it should be a similar offer.

Not a Gift Card deal but there's also a Park 'N Fly $15 off $75 or more available until 10/31/2017.
I don't see this offer!

I gave them the dates of the transactions, said it's completely out of my control when the merchant transmits its info to Amex, did my part to use the Offers on time, laid it on heavy that I've been a longtime customer and I expected Amex to make this right and honor the Offer. It took some time and follow up, and the Chat CSRs had to escalate the issue, but I eventually got the credits.

What a pain the **** we have to go through such extremes for an offer they posted there should be no issues.

Well, I still don't have points from Chase. Those of you that got them credited said you SMed them? Is that like chat or email or what? Sorry, SM is eluding my brain at the moment. Also, don't google SM...it's definitely not what you meant!

Well, I still don't have points from Chase. Those of you that got them credited said you SMed them? Is that like chat or email or what? Sorry, SM is eluding my brain at the moment. Also, don't google SM...it's definitely not what you meant!

SM = secure message

You can find it in the main drop down menu in your Chase account.

Two data points: just cashed in my Best Buy gift cards and Target gift cards for Disney gift cards with no issues. This was in suburban Chicago.
I took a leap on Friday and converted $1100 BB gc to Disney in southern Alabama. Not an issue at all. This was my first time doing this and I was a little worried they would give me a hard time.

I apologize in advance for the noob'ness of this question. Can someone explain how the Best Buy gift cards to Disney Guft cards works and what the deal is with the Target card in relation to Disney gift cards. We have a trip to Disney Worls coming up and if there are ways to even save a few bucks I would love to take advantage of them. Thanks in advance for you help and patience.

I apologize in advance for the noob'ness of this question. Can someone explain how the Best Buy gift cards to Disney Guft cards works and what the deal is with the Target card in relation to Disney gift cards. We have a trip to Disney Worls coming up and if there are ways to even save a few bucks I would love to take advantage of them. Thanks in advance for you help and patience.
You can use Target and Best Buy GCs to purchase Disney GCs at their respective stores. Buying the Target/Best Buy GCs at a discount translated to discounted Disney GCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter