Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOOOOOOO - that's too bad as I saved quite a bit doing that last time. So it won't allow you to enter a Disney GC online anymore but it still gives you the redcard discount? Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find discounts. I see a lot of people mention stores on this group that we don't have.

Yes, you can still get the 5% discount for gift cards on whatever amount you actually charge to the REDcard. In stores and online.

The article says Chase Sapphire. Have we confirmed this works with Chase Freedom? (I have a Freedom card.)

As others have already reported, yes it works on the Freedom.

For anyone who wanted to use the ChasePay 10x Walmart promo but couldn't because they had a combined personal & business login you can now use ChasePay! (Today is the last day of the Walmart promo.)

For anyone who wanted to use the ChasePay 10x Walmart promo but couldn't because they had a combined personal & business login you can now use ChasePay! (Today is the last day of the Walmart promo.)

Ugh - I submitted payment and got an error message . . . "Your payment couldn't be authorized. Please use a different payment method." I tried twice. Boo.

Ugh - I submitted payment and got an error message . . . "Your payment couldn't be authorized. Please use a different payment method." I tried twice. Boo.

Responding to myself here - ha. The Chase fraud department called after my 2 attempts. Not sure why a $250 transaction triggered a fraud alert, but they fixed it and the transaction went through. Nice.

Same happened to me. I selected my other Sapphire & it worked fine. I then went back and did the other and it worked like an hour later.

Ack! really? too late (almost) for most of us.... besides the last time I used Chase pay it took almost 10 days to post as a purchase..... who knows if you get 10x if it takes that long as promo over?

Regarding Best Buy, anyone able to get a Disney GC in exchange for a BB GC at a Best Buy in Manhattan? If not then Westchester? We were at the one on 5th Ave & I was looking to be ready for when the bonus $15 BB GC is emailed, but that store did not have any & only thought BB sold $25 & $50 Disney GC's.

Also, can someone post a picture of what the GC looks like so I can show BB once I can change $165 in BB GC's for Disney?

Thanks!

Regarding Best Buy, anyone able to get a Disney GC in exchange for a BB GC at a Best Buy in Manhattan? If not then Westchester? We were at the one on 5th Ave & I was looking to be ready for when the bonus $15 BB GC is emailed, but that store did not have any & only thought BB sold $25 & $50 Disney GC's.

Also, can someone post a picture of what the GC looks like so I can show BB once I can change $165 in BB GC's for Disney?

Thanks!

I haven't purchased any in Manhattan. The BBY in Yonkers has given me tons of grief (success in 1 of 5 tries). I have 50/50 success at the Hartsdale BBY. I've had mostly success (4 out 5 visits) at the BBY way up in Mohegan Lake, although it seems that traveling that far from Manhattan would negate most of your savings.

All 3 of those sell the variable load Disney GCs. They look very much like the $25 and $50 cards, with the exception of saying "$25-500" or something to that effect where you'd normally see the denomination listed in the corner.

I was planning to run by my Best Buy this afternoon and take advantage of the American Express offer before it expires. I noticed when I opened up my Shopkicks it's only offering 1/$1 on purchases at Best Buy. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same. I'd use ibotta, but I never have the 2% offer for them.

I was planning to run by my Best Buy this afternoon and take advantage of the American Express offer before it expires. I noticed when I opened up my Shopkicks it's only offering 1/$1 on purchases at Best Buy. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same. I'd use ibotta, but I never have the 2% offer for them.
My Shopkick BB offer was also 1 kick per $1 when I shopped yesterday. Better than nothing, I guess. I've never tried iBotta.

Thanks. I was hoping it was just me. I might wait until tomorrow and see if it goes back up for the holiday weekend. I was planning on picking up a mix of Southwest and Disney.

I'm very satisfied with the outcome, but my takeaway from this is that it's still very YMMV. Thank you Lain for encouraging me to pursue this further and Eighty8Keys and others for sharing your experience.

I believe this is the second incident that has been reported here with same outcome. I'm glad to see people are standing up and calling them out. Thanks for reporting!

BOOOOOOOO - that's too bad as I saved quite a bit doing that last time. So it won't allow you to enter a Disney GC online anymore but it still gives you the redcard discount? Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find discounts. I see a lot of people mention stores on this group that we don't have.

Best Buy has had better offers then what you'd get from Target.

Fill me in! What have they had?

Buy $150 BB E-gift card and get $15 sent via email, Limit 3. @Lain posted the deal plus shopkicks was double on the weekend. Those who took advantage of this most recent offer should be getting an email about our $15 on 9/05.

EDIT: Offer was through Cashstar and 10% savings - cup half full kind of person!

Ok I need some help please..... I have a bunch of WM gift cards, ai tried to use one instore today- it wouldn't accept it- I came home and looked in email- then I clicked the 'activate your card link...is that all i have to do? I didn't think about it before,as previous $50 card order,I just used it- is something wrong with my cards? I also tried to check the balance on a card from that order,and it said it didn't match anything- what is going on? I never got an email with a pin # in it,just used the pin # from back of scratch off card.... help!!!

I haven't purchased any in Manhattan. The BBY in Yonkers has given me tons of grief (success in 1 of 5 tries). I have 50/50 success at the Hartsdale BBY. I've had mostly success (4 out 5 visits) at the BBY way up in Mohegan Lake, although it seems that traveling that far from Manhattan would negate most of your savings.

All 3 of those sell the variable load Disney GCs. They look very much like the $25 and $50 cards, with the exception of saying "$25-500" or something to that effect where you'd normally see the denomination listed in the corner.
Thanks for answering.

I have called several stores in Manhattan & no one knows what I am talking about. Where in the store are they?

I opened up my Shopkicks it's only offering 1/$1 on purchases at Best Buy. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same.

My Shopkick BB offer was also 1 kick per $1 when I shopped yesterday. Better than nothing, I guess. I've never tried iBotta.

I hadn't noticed, but I'm showing 1 kick/$1 at BBY too! I hope this isn't a permanent change because that means 1 kick=0.4¢, just barely better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter