Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

If I book a LL for a window from 8:30-9:30am while the ride is down and it opens up right at 8:30 can I cancel my LL and just ride standby or do I have to continue with my 8:30 LL window?

And just to confirm I can book a LL and $LL at the same time? Can I book a LL and 2 $LL at the same time? (I.e. Guardians, Web and RSR?)

Yes. $ILL do not affect your G+ LL selections and vice versa.

If I book a LL for a window from 8:30-9:30am while the ride is down and it opens up right at 8:30 can I cancel my LL and just ride standby or do I have to continue with my 8:30 LL window?
Reports have been that you can cancel an LL up until it disappears from your app. In this case you could ride standby and cancel your LL, or ride standby and then ride again via LL.

Reports have been that you can cancel an LL up until it disappears from your app. In this case you could ride standby and cancel your LL, or ride standby and then ride again via LL.
Awesome, thank you!

One other question. If I book an $LL and it closes, I can get a pass to ride just that ride anytime of the day? However If I book a LL ride and it closes, I get a pass to ride that ride or a specific list of other rides anytime of the day and I could still book it a second time?
It that is correct, the compensation for booking a $LL and it closes during your window is not nearly as good as with a non $LL ride?

One other question. If I book an $LL and it closes, I can get a pass to ride just that ride anytime of the day? However If I book a LL ride and it closes, I get a pass to ride that ride or a specific list of other rides anytime of the day and I could still book it a second time?
It that is correct, the compensation for booking a $LL and it closes during your window is not nearly as good as with a non $LL ride?
You're correct in how it works - if a $ILL goes down during your ride time, you get a pass to use it anytime once it's back up and running. If you can't use it then, you go to guest services and ask for a refund. If a regular LL goes down, you get a multi-experience LL and the ability to rebook the LL for the same ride. In essence, the multi-experience gives you the ability to ride an LL ride twice in the LL instead of standby.

I'd disagree that it's not as good of a compensation. If I bought Rise at $20 each and it went down, I would want to either ride Rise or get my money back, not use it to ride Indiana Jones, for example. The only way it might be worth it is if it became a multi $ILL pass so I could use it on WS or Racers, but that would be a logistical nightmare I'm sure. Not to mention, those rides are dynamic pricing and neither WS or RSR charge $20, so you're still losing on that deal.

If you are planning to do genie+ Link your tickets together. If they are not liked you could end up with different return times.
I have a similar question, I'm actually in the opposite situation. I bought 6 tickets for June (for me, my wife, and kids) and have them all linked in my Disneyland app. I did not buy Genie+, since we have 5-day passes we decided to wait and only get it on certain days.

So if I wanted to get it, but let's say half of us want to do a LL for a different ride, how do I go about doing that since all the passes are linked to my account? Can I have my kids create their own account and link their tickets?

Also, what exactly does it mean that PhotoPass is included? PhotoPass is already free, the cost comes when you want to download the pictures later. Is the downloading free for pictures on that day when you buy Genie+?

I have a similar question, I'm actually in the opposite situation. I bought 6 tickets for June (for me, my wife, and kids) and have them all linked in my Disneyland app. I did not buy Genie+, since we have 5-day passes we decided to wait and only get it on certain days.

So if I wanted to get it, but let's say half of us want to do a LL for a different ride, how do I go about doing that since all the passes are linked to my account? Can I have my kids create their own account and link their tickets?

Also, what exactly does it mean that PhotoPass is included? PhotoPass is already free, the cost comes when you want to download the pictures later. Is the downloading free for pictures on that day when you buy Genie+?
You click off the tickets your reserving the lightening lane for once you’ve bought them. And yes you get free downloads for PhotoPass pics in the days you pay for Genie+

You click off the tickets your reserving the lightening lane for once you’ve bought them. And yes you get free downloads for PhotoPass pics in the days you pay for Genie+
Thanks for responding! Sorry if I misunderstand, by "click off" do you mean I can reserve a LL say, for my daughter, then have her use her phone/app to enter? Like, if she goes to a different ride than me?

So if I was planning on using Photopass anyways, I believe it's $200 to download all the pictures regardless of how long you are there. So if I got Genie+ for everyone for 2 of the 5 days that almost covers the cost of that.

Thanks for responding! Sorry if I misunderstand, by "click off" do you mean I can reserve a LL say, for my daughter, then have her use her phone/app to enter? Like, if she goes to a different ride than me?

So if I was planning on using Photopass anyways, I believe it's $200 to download all the pictures regardless of how long you are there. So if I got Genie+ for everyone for 2 of the 5 days that almost covers the cost of that.
I would keep all tickets under 1 account so if you do want to all do something together, it'll be easier, plus it'll be easier to buy Genie+ for everyone under 1 account.

Just download the app to the kids phone and log in with your account.

After you buy Genie+, when you make your selection, one of the screens will give you an option to change your party. If you're all doing the same ride, leave everyone checked. If some want to do a different ride, uncheck the ones not going with you. You can then select the other ride for the rest of your party, or, they can do it themselves with your account on their phone.

I would keep all tickets under 1 account so if you do want to all do something together, it'll be easier, plus it'll be easier to buy Genie+ for everyone under 1 account.

Just download the app to the kids phone and log in with your account.

After you buy Genie+, when you make your selection, one of the screens will give you an option to change your party. If you're all doing the same ride, leave everyone checked. If some want to do a different ride, uncheck the ones not going with you. You can then select the other ride for the rest of your party, or, they can do it themselves with your account on their phone.
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I have a related question for our first DLR trip: There'll be four of us, Dad, Mom, Uncle, Son. Sounds like it'll be easiest if all three adults use Dad's account on the app on their own phones.

If we do that, and Uncle goes back to the hotel (PPI) for an afternoon nap, will he be able to come back to the park on his own? Guess I'm not clear on whether everything at DLR tied to the app, the way everything's tied to Magic Bands at WDW. Thank you for any guidance!

I have a related question for our first DLR trip: There'll be four of us, Dad, Mom, Uncle, Son. Sounds like it'll be easiest if all three adults use Dad's account on the app on their own phones.

If we do that, and Uncle goes back to the hotel (PPI) for an afternoon nap, will he be able to come back to the park on his own? Guess I'm not clear on whether everything at DLR tied to the app, the way everything's tied to Magic Bands at WDW. Thank you for any guidance!

as long as he has an app and he links the party’s ticket/tickets to his app, he should be able To get in. Does that make sense? When we went (a week ago) both the wife and I had the tickets on both of our phones, so we both were able to ‘check in’. Get rides etc.

as long as he has an app and he links the party’s ticket/tickets to his app, he should be able To get in. Does that make sense? When we went (a week ago) both the wife and I had the tickets on both of our phones, so we both were able to ‘check in’. Get rides etc.
When we went to DLR last summer, they gave us a ticket printed on a little 2x4 souvenir card even though we scanned in with our phone app. Do they still give that out @superdeluxe? If so, that little card would be sufficient for your uncle to get back in, @sddc, if he doesn't have or want to keep his phone on him

This is how I used Genie and Genie+ on my recent trip.

I am a solo international visitor and this was my first visit since June 2019. I don't park hop, I do one park per day.
  • I bought Genie+ first thing each morning after scanning into the park.
  • I used the photopass option all over both parks
  • I went to a land, checked the App and then bought or booked Lightning Lanes with almost immediate return times.
  • If a standby has a longer than 15 minute wait I go Lightning Lanes instead.
  • I use single rider to repeat rides
  • If a ride has a low standby I used Lightning Lanes when the standby went high
  • I used Lightning Lane on Rise of The Resistance with an almost immediate return time to make sure I got to ride it.

I loved using the App, and was constantly checking My Day, Tip Board and the filters on the interactive Map.

For me it was worth paying $20 per day / $60 for my 3 park days for Genie+ and it was defiantly worth paying $20 per ride /$40 over 2 days for Rise of The Resistance.
With your included photopass- do you have complete access to download photos taken by cast members and at rides? Or do you have to purchase the ones you want to keep?

With your included photopass- do you have complete access to download photos taken by cast members and at rides? Or do you have to purchase the ones you want to keep?

Complete access. Not having used Photopass before I downloaded each days photos to my laptop when I got back to my hotel each night as I didnt know how long they were available. I just checked now, all the photos are still in the App, even though my park days were January 30, January 31, February 2.

I'm going to admit I have not read through this whole thread. I've used genie at WDW really successfully (and stressfully!). I understand the differences at Disneyland. So the concepts and such isn't new to me.

are there any really good posts/blogs you have found about the order of rides to book at Disneyland? We won't have hoppers but have 5 days of genie+. I'm looking for some good play by plays of folks who have used genie+ with rope drop. I'm not too worried as I can navigate myself around a Disney park, but I always like to have a general plan in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter