Disney Genie announcement

So If I understand this right if you pay to ride Rise of Restance you are guarinteed to ride it right?

Not necessarily; Molly recommendEd booking earlier so a bonus type pass can be issued - weather and ride breakdowns and heck even WiFi shutdowns happen

Molly was referring to G+ rides. Goofynut41 is asking about what guarantee there is for an ILL$ purchase for ROTR. The answer is, you are guaranteed a ride or a refund. Whether you can actually return later to ride if the attraction is running again is another matter. Disney may or may not refund your money if you are the one that can not return at that time. They've indicated decisions will be based on a case by case situation when break downs occur. Personally I don't see how you wouldn't be given a refund. A nicely delivered "complaint" at customer relations usually goes a long way.

They made it clear it’s non refundable
I understood not refundable as in I cannot change my choice of ride/time/day but that would be really poor customer service if the ride is unavailable for the bulk of a day and they cannot deliver on their end of the agreement. ROTR is not the most reliable so if it goes offline at 11am and does not open back up then they keep my 15$? Wow.

I understood not refundable as in I cannot change my choice of ride/time/day but that would be really poor customer service if the ride is unavailable for the bulk of a day and they cannot deliver on their end of the agreement. ROTR is not the most reliable. Wow.
Please refer to my post above. You are getting answers based on the other part of Genie not ILL.

I understood not refundable as in I cannot change my choice of ride/time/day but that would be really poor customer service if the ride is unavailable for the bulk of a day and they cannot deliver on their end of the agreement. ROTR is not the most reliable so if it goes offline at 11am and does not open back up then they keep my 15$? Wow.
I would assume they would probably issue you a credit if you paid for a ride that was down the entire day, but can also see why they wouldn't want to put anything in writing, because there are a lot of people who would request a refund because "they didn't have time", "lunch ran late" ect...

On the other side, couldn't you say that about your park ticket if a ride was down for the day, you paid to be able to ride it, and you weren't able to at that point, i know it's different, but kind sorta not really haha

Do you have park hoppers? You're limited to only one G+ reservation per attraction, per day. AK has only 8 G+ attractions (3 of which are shows that never required a FP) and then the two IIL$ attractions. I think that you might find it difficult to just keep going all day at AK (or Epcot for that matter) unless you hop another park or re-ride your favorites using standby.
We don't have park hoppers. One G+ reservation per attraction is fine. Use it when wait times are high and then re-ride when wait times are low in late afternoon (for example) or just suck it up and wait. I understand that the value may not be there at AK compared to MK, but we shall see. If we finish up all our rides/shows early it gives us more time to have a drink at the bar.

This is all somewhat reminiscent of the great freak out when FP first came out (both paper ticket FP and then when it went electronic). I mean that with all my heart and the best of intentions. All of us on the boards tend to the planners so we get down in the weeds real quick.

BTW, I just celebrated my 20 year Disboards anniversary and I love you all.

Wow, what a perk!!! Because of your special status, you get an opportunity to be a Genie-pig. :)

Are you going to share with us what "all the rules" are?

I keep thinking I'm missing something but I don't see anything about 1 time only anywhere official.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood what you are referring to.

Here are the details from the D23 fine print. It mentions the one pass per ride thing near the bottom. I wouldn't mind being a Genie-pig for free, but I don't arrive til 10/31. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's experiences before then!

*Attractions with Lightning Lane entrances that are Disney Genie+ and individual purchases are limited in availability, subject to change or closure, may vary by date, and are not guaranteed.

To enter a theme park, both a valid admission and theme park reservation for the same park and same date are required.

Park reservations are limited, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed for any specific dates or park. Price, terms and entitlements are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.

About Disney Genie and Disney Genie+ Service
Built right into the My Disney Experience app, Disney Genie service will help you create your best Disney day inspired by your interests and activities. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that saves you time by seamlessly and smartly mapping out your special day with updates that continue from morning to night.

With the purchase of Disney Genie+ service, you can save time waiting in line. This new service, at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks, lets you select the next available arrival window for our new Lightning Lane entrances. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day. You may not select the same experience more than once per day, and experience and arrival window selections are limited and subject to availability.

With Disney Genie+ service, you’ll also enjoy new audio tales that let you discover the Parks in cool new ways. Plus, access to exclusive Disney PhotoPass Lenses for your mobile device—allowing you to explore magical new augmented reality effects.

Molly was referring to G+ rides. Goofynut41 is asking about what guarantee there is for an ILL$ purchase for ROTR. The answer is, you are guaranteed a ride or a refund. Whether you can actually return later to ride if the attraction is running again is another matter. Disney may or may not refund your money if you are the one that can not return at that time. They've indicated decisions will be based on a case by case situation when break downs occur. Personally I don't see how you wouldn't be given a refund. A nicely delivered "complaint" at customer relations usually goes a long way.

Today MK reached capacity; I’m not sure if we will get a refund if park hopping and have LLIA

Kyle Pallo reporting his MK park reservation was cancelled even though he took a screenshot. Hopefully IT at least can manage basics

Last edited:
This is all somewhat reminiscent of the great freak out when FP first came out (both paper ticket FP and then when it went electronic). I mean that with all my heart and the best of intentions. All of us on the boards tend to the planners so we get down in the weeds real quick.

BTW, I just celebrated my 20 year Disboards anniversary and I love you all.
I was curious to ask some of you old school folks who were on here during those times if people acted like the apocalypse was upon them then too.

I figure the answer is yes.

Here are the details from the D23 fine print. It mentions the one pass per ride thing near the bottom.

*Attractions with Lightning Lane entrances that are Disney Genie+ and individual purchases are limited in availability, subject to change or closure, may vary by date, and are not guaranteed.

To enter a theme park, both a valid admission and theme park reservation for the same park and same date are required.

Park reservations are limited, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed for any specific dates or park. Price, terms and entitlements are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.

Built right into the My Disney Experience app, Disney Genie service will help you create your best Disney day inspired by your interests and activities. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that saves you time by seamlessly and smartly mapping out your special day with updates that continue from morning to night.

With the purchase of Disney Genie+ service, you can save time waiting in line. This new service, at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks, lets you select the next available arrival window for our new Lightning Lane entrances. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day. You may not select the same experience more than once per day, and experience and arrival window selections are limited and subject to availability.

With Disney Genie+ service, you’ll also enjoy new audio tales that let you discover the Parks in cool new ways. Plus, access to exclusive Disney PhotoPass Lenses for your mobile device—allowing you to explore magical new augmented reality effects.

Well there it is. Thanks!!

Here are the details from the D23 fine print. It mentions the one pass per ride thing near the bottom. I wouldn't mind being a Genie-pig for free, but I don't arrive til 10/31. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's experiences before then!

fine print says subject to availability; chances of refund (for genie+) here are nil. ROTR IALL is non refundable

I don’t mind the Genie giving me suggestions for what to do next or what to get a LL for as long as I am also presented with all of the other options.

Ideally, I would like to see on one screen all of the available attractions with standby wait times and next available LL time for each of them. From there I can make my own decisions what to do.

I also wonder if the Genie will give you an alert that you can now make a new LL reservation, either because you have tapped in for one or because enough time has passed.
You will do what the genie tells you to do when the genie tells you to do it! 😆

You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day.
Although, this doesn't explicitly reference making your next one when you scan in or 2 hours later (whichever comes first), that is still making one selection at a time. It just doesn't make you wait until you ride to make the next one if your return time is more than 2 hours away. So G+ could still include the 2 hour clause as some have reported and it's still true that you can only make one selection at a time.

Ideally, I would like to see on one screen all of the available attractions with standby wait times and next available LL time for each of them. From there I can make my own decisions what to do.
This is from an article on AllEars.net. It is a sample screen in their write-up. If the real G+ looks like this, it will show standby wait time and next LL return time for the "top picks" you selected. We will find out soon.

1634156844361.png

Today MK reached capacity; I’m not sure if we will get a refund if park hopping and have LLIA

Kyle Pallo reporting his MK park reservation was cancelled even though he took a screenshot. Hopefully IT at least can manage basics
That seems hard to believe based on wait times, but i've been wrong before, also the Disney website shows that you can still make a reservation for MK today, so not sure what's going on with your friend haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter