Disney Fairy Tale Weddings summer season on Freeform

AlohaNow

DIS Veteran
Is there really no thread about this show already? I searched and couldn’t find one. I am digging it so far! My favorites are the projection cakes :tink:and the beautifully blue little cake in England from this week’s show. (Hmm, I sense a theme here. ) Oh, and ALL the flowers! There is great discussion in my household over whether the couples who are chosen for the show get their weddings comped, or at least a portion of it. We get that Disney needs to show off every possible aspect of a wedding that you can have, like lighting up the castle, having dragon dancers, etc. But we are just so curious, and will probably never know. And, of course, not everyone can have the Stanley Cup at their wedding!

So, let’s dish. What are you loving or not about the episodes so far?

I love watching all the magical Disney romance. The one thing I don’t like about it is I get jealous my wedding wasn’t at Disney :) lol

I am loving the show. I would love to have a vow renewal at Disney, but the cost for one would almost equal a week trip. :rolleyes2

It is so magical to watch others have their wedding at Disney. I love the projection cakes too.

There are so many things I have loved on this show so far! The stuffed settees in the UK, the white chocolate tea cups, the scrolled flower petals in the aisle, the acrylic chairs, the little girls in the blue coats...just every detail is perfect. The photography session around World Showcase was stunning. It makes me want to squeeze into my wedding dress and take those same pictures with my husband! The only miss I saw was when one of the brides got out of the coach and had black shoes on. Did she forget to pack her bridal shoes??

There are so many things I have loved on this show so far! The stuffed settees in the UK, the white chocolate tea cups, the scrolled flower petals in the aisle, the acrylic chairs, the little girls in the blue coats...just every detail is perfect. The photography session around World Showcase was stunning. It makes me want to squeeze into my wedding dress and take those same pictures with my husband! The only miss I saw was when one of the brides got out of the coach and had black shoes on. Did she forget to pack her bridal shoes??

Were they black? Or was it possibly part of the "something old, something new, some borrowed, something blue"?

Were they black? Or was it possibly part of the "something old, something new, some borrowed, something blue"?
I better go back and look!

Did anyone happen to catch the Fort Wilderness episode? My Directv didn't record which always seems to happen when I REALLY want to see something!

Yes, we saw the Fort Wilderness one. First thought was, “Why would you travel all the way to WDW to get married in the woods?” There just didn’t seem to be anything particularly Disney about it. I mean, it was lovely, but it could have been anywhere in a state park. Though having your reception in the Hoop Dee Doo Revue venue…….I mean, who gets to do that? Again, Disney just showcasing all the various possibilities for a wedding so they can get future $$$!

And yes, scrolled flower petals for the win. Hands down.

I watched the first two of the summer series, loved them! I think they are trying to do them at different locations and with different types of couples like the engagement, vow renewal, wedding they had so far. I like the variety so far. I have to catch up with this week's episode and can't wait. I DID get married at Disney and these shows make me want to do it over again! LOL Well there is always the 10-year vow renewal I guess. I will bring that up with DH in a few years :banana: :love:

As far as I know these wedding are not comped. They just ask couples who are planning if Disney can film them for the show.
When my daughter was married there in 2008, there was couple having a large "Couture" wedding which was one of the choice back then, it was the biggest most expensive option I believe. Anyway, a couple that was on these boards and doing a planning report was asked to be a part of a David Tutera special ( it was his name on the couture options). They paid for their own wedding and did a segment about the
wedding at The Contemporary.

Thanks for the info about the show, I would love to watch and see whats new 10 years later.
When my son was married last year, my daughter tried to talk them into a Disney Wedding, but that was not what they wanted sadly. :)

I checked on demand and they have the first 3 shows. Will probably watch tomorrow.

As far as I know these wedding are not comped. They just ask couples who are planning if Disney can film them for the show.
When my daughter was married there in 2008, there was couple having a large "Couture" wedding which was one of the choice back then, it was the biggest most expensive option I believe. Anyway, a couple that was on these boards and doing a planning report was asked to be a part of a David Tutera special ( it was his name on the couture options). They paid for their own wedding and did a segment about the
wedding at The Contemporary.

Thanks for the info about the show, I would love to watch and see whats new 10 years later.
When my son was married last year, my daughter tried to talk them into a Disney Wedding, but that was not what they wanted sadly. :)
S
Some of the couples mentioned things that Disney surprised them with, for example, the red lion (I believe?) at the Chinese wedding. So, maybe they are couples who were planning something and Disney took it up a level.

They discontinued the David Tutera connection some time ago, not sure why. Wonder if there wasn't a huge demand for couture weddings? Just thinking out loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter