Disney Dream Stateroom 8188 vs 5650

JandLDisney

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are a little torn. Which stateroom should we book? We like the idea of being at the very back of the ship. Great views both when we are on the move and when we are docked. Low traffic, but close to aft elevators. But 5650 has an awesome verandah like 8188, no neighbors to the left (but it does neighbor the kids club). Still great views, but not quite the same as 8188. If you had to choose between the two, which would you choose? Have you been in either of these rooms? It will be us two and our then 6 and 4 year olds.

We sailed in 8188 on the Fantasy and loved it. Plenty of space (just 2 adults though). Convenient to pool decks, on-deck food, etc.. A little inconvenient to the forward parts of the ship but great exercise.

We sailed in 8188 on the Fantasy and loved it. Plenty of space (just 2 adults though). Convenient to pool decks, on-deck food, etc.. A little inconvenient to the forward parts of the ship but great exercise.
Did you feel like the vibration was too much?

We've stayed in 5650 on both the Dream (Aug 2023) and Fantasy. Love the extra large verandah. We've also stayed at the very back of the Fantasy in 10162, large verandah but of course narrower but still enjoyed it. What I didn't enjoy were all the vibrations. Not sure if that is the case with the Dream or not. Definitely no vibrations of note felt in 5650 on either of those ships.

We've stayed in 5650 on both the Dream (Aug 2023) and Fantasy. Love the extra large verandah. We've also stayed at the very back of the Fantasy in 10162, large verandah but of course narrower but still enjoyed it. What I didn't enjoy were all the vibrations. Not sure if that is the case with the Dream or not. Definitely no vibrations of note felt in 5650 on either of those ships.
I think I am leaning 5650 and he is leaning 8188. I want the views of the back, but I am not a particularly early riser and I don't want the extra vibrations waking my kids either.

We have 5650 booked for a B2B on the Dream next year and I am soooo excited. Like you, I debated the aft rooms. I was all set to pick one but was worried about my DH getting sick. Additionally, lots of reviews mention light soot on the verandah in the mornings and I worried about that. 5650 seemed like a much better fit for us. Additionally, our kids are excited about being near the club.

We have 5650 booked for a B2B on the Dream next year and I am soooo excited. Like you, I debated the aft rooms. I was all set to pick one but was worried about my DH getting sick. Additionally, lots of reviews mention light soot on the verandah in the mornings and I worried about that. 5650 seemed like a much better fit for us. Additionally, our kids are excited about being near the club.
Being close to the club will be great!

I would be picking 5660. I like seeing both where I am going and where I have been. Of course, unless you stand at the rail, all you see is where you are.

The half sun/half shade of 5650 is nice - and what a great size balcony. I wasn’t expecting that.

My first reaction to 8188 was “rails!” on the balcony and having to keep kids from climbing. But they both have rails (instead of plexiglass).

It might come down to having the kids clubs close by for ease of drop-off / pick up.

Whose turn is it to be the final decider? Cause this one is a coin flip.

We had an aft stateroom on level five on the Dream last summer and it was fine except for the vibrations on two of the seven nights. We were given a midship stateroom on those two nights for sleeping. It only happens if the ship exceeds a certain speed, most of the time it was fine.

The kids club was not an issue.

I didn’t care for the lack of privacy when you’re the furthest out on the extended veranda.

I would be ok with it again but if I had a choice, which I didn’t, I would opt for a midship or forward stateroom.

Last edited:
Sailed from the 5650 and we loved the stateroom, especially on sea days where it was crowded everywhere and our verandah was a (not so) little haven of space. Not been on the 8188 but feel free if you have questions.

Love love love the extra space on the balcony. It felt good to have a place to really stretch out. My parents were in the room next to us so there were times when all six of us were on our balcony enjoying afternoon mickey bars together!

I have sailed in 5650. The location is great the hall is very quiet. The verandah is large, but I really felt overlooked by the verandahs above us.Disney Fantasy 5650 - 1.jpeg

but I really felt overlooked by the verandahs above us.
Staterooms from above “overlooking” are not really an issue to us. Once we sailed on MSC and our stateroom (YC) was adjacent to a suite that had a bigger, rounded, balcony; for some reasons one of their kid sat their whole day and although it didn't really bothered us by any means we felt really like we were being observed (we literally were).

5650 has a lot of kid traffic from the elevators to the kids club down the corridor. It got very noise at times. Also, we had someone I think from the pool deck dump a cooler of water over board and ended up on our verandah. I had just left the railing and went to the door when the water came raining down.

5650 has a lot of kid traffic from the elevators to the kids club down the corridor.
Are you not mistaking this room with across the hall? I somehow feared 5650 would have a lot of foot traffic, but I was pleasantly surprised — at least on my cruise.

5650 has a lot of kid traffic from the elevators to the kids club down the corridor. It got very noise at times. Also, we had someone I think from the pool deck dump a cooler of water over board and ended up on our verandah. I had just left the railing and went to the door when the water came raining down.
We had no traffic when we were in room 5650. The hallway to the room dead ends to a crew door to the kids club. We had some kids club CM's in the hall and the occasional character but no kids other than our own. When we were in the hall we could hear noise from the kids club, but once we were in the room it was silent. 5150 would get some hall noise.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 2.49.03 PM.png

You must mean 5150. 5650 is at the end of a dead end hallway, no one is running down there lol We've stayed in that room twice and it's always been super quiet.

We just stayed in 8188 on the Dream and absolutely loved it. The views in port were incredible, and it was very quiet but still very close to the aft elevators. We loved having the long loungers on the verandah in addition to the normal table and chairs. It was our first time staying aft and we did feel quite a bit of vibration when docking - enough to wake us up but we fall back asleep easily so it didn't bother us, and the rest of the pros outweighed that. But if your family likes to sleep in or has trouble falling back asleep if woken up, I might choose a different location!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter