Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Ansley was born 11/12/2009 (She shares her birthday with my wife)
She was 7 lbs 11 oz, 20" and already booked her first Disney Cruise, ha.
Mommy is doing better everyday too, and she had to have an unplanned C Section. We got home from the hospital Sunday.

I'm going to catch up on here soon, but WELCOME ABOARD to all the new folks!

Yayyyyyyy! Congratulations on your new baby Ansley!!!!!

Hi everyone,
I am WHITHOUSTON's mom~~~don't know how to do all this~~but will give it a try as my son said "I expect a post tonight"~~I try to do what he tells me to do :). SO looking forward to the June 2011 cruise. I have been on 1 and absolutely loved it~~~Maybe I can meet some of you that are a part of this "discussion board". I am sure I am older than most of you but I do enjoy having a good time and DO NOT act my age (61) :)!!!! Thanks for taking time to read this.

They are also in a GTY room (like we are.)

Hello gang, we are booked on the 6/12/11 Dream. Category 8B room # 9510. Ages at time of cruise: Brian (43), Sheri (43), Suzie (14), and Danny (2 weeks shy of 10). We are coming from Sacramento California. So far I think we are traveling the greatest distance to cruise.

Will be 3rd Disney cruise: Magic 7-day mexico 2005, Wonder 4 day Bahamas Spring 2009.

Hey everyone,
Scott (AKA WHITHOUSTON) told me I could write a little about myself~~so here goes. I am a retired educator. Worked with kindergarten and 1st graders~~sweet babies (some of them). I now have the priviledge of being with Scott and Christy's baby boy, Evan, every day :)
I am a widow and almost a year ago met a wonderful man. We are engaged. No date has been set as we are not young adults and alot of things are to be considered at this stage of our lives. He will be joining me on the cruise. I am blessed to have 2 wonderful sons, 2 wonderful daughters-in-laws and 3 precious grandchildren. When I went on my one and only cruise, it was with Scott and Christy. They made it a great experience~~I forgot there was a "real world" for a few days. I even "parasailed" at Castaway Cay. So Stan and I are so looking forward to June 2011~~that really sounds like a long time away, doesn't it. Don't want to wish my life away, but I wish it would get here :)
Thanks again for taking time to read about this "fun loving" grandma!!!!!

Added to the 2011 Dream cruise meet thread list.... :thumbsup2

Welcome!! :goodvibes

Hello gang, we are booked on the 6/12/11 Dream.

Very cool - welcome to the party. :banana:

Hey everyone,
Scott (AKA WHITHOUSTON) told me I could write a little about myself~~so here goes. I am a retired educator. Worked with kindergarten and 1st graders~~sweet babies (some of them). I now have the priviledge of being with Scott and Christy's baby boy, Evan, every day :)
I am a widow and almost a year ago met a wonderful man. We are engaged. No date has been set as we are not young adults and alot of things are to be considered at this stage of our lives. He will be joining me on the cruise. I am blessed to have 2 wonderful sons, 2 wonderful daughters-in-laws and 3 precious grandchildren. When I went on my one and only cruise, it was with Scott and Christy. They made it a great experience~~I forgot there was a "real world" for a few days. I even "parasailed" at Castaway Cay. So Stan and I are so looking forward to June 2011~~that really sounds like a long time away, doesn't it. Don't want to wish my life away, but I wish it would get here :)
Thanks again for taking time to read about this "fun loving" grandma!!!!!

Awwwwww, can you be my kick-butt Grandma too??? :hug:

Just wanted to step in and say Howdy! My DW, Texas Disney Fan has already joined this thread and given our information.

For those having troubles with the abbreviations on these boards here is a link that will help a little. Its an older page and hasn't been kept up, but it will give you a basic idea.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

Ok....time to stir up some conversation and discussion! It has been pretty quiet here the past couple of days. We still have 569 days until we cruise! :)

To my knowledge, there hasn't even been regularly scheduled 5 night cruises (right?) I know we will start having them next summer on the Wonder. How do you think the show rotation will be. I know there is a new Villains type show that will be debuting on the Dream, but what do you think the other shows will be?

Do you think they will have a formal night? I hope not...I don't want to dress up that much! :) Hopefully there will be a character meal like on the 7 night cruises.

Anyways...hope this stirs up some conversation and that everyone has a great Friday and an awesome weekend!

Scott :teacher: :)

Just wanted to step in and say Howdy!

Howdy right back 'atcha. :goodvibes

I know there is a new Villains type show that will be debuting on the Dream, but what do you think the other shows will be?

Hopefully there will be a character meal like on the 7 night cruises.

Hmmmmm, as to the shows, I wouldn't be surprised to see "the award winning" Disney Dreams show on the Dream. That show seems to be Disney's bread and butter, although I personally hope to see all new shows on the Dream. I would love to see a Fantasia-like show - I think that would be simply amazing. I also would love to see a scaled-down production of the Broadway shows of either the Lion King or the Little Mermaid. But, I definitely am looking forward to the Villains show and *hopefully* the Villains will be onboard to sign autographs. I get so sick and tired of trying to hunt down the villains at the parks only to be sent away because they aren't signing. And, since DH and I have over 75 scrapbooked autograph pages, having unsigned pages is really frustrating. :rotfl:

And, I agree with your hope that there is a character meal, but I wouldn't mind a lunch setting instead of a breakfast setting. Maybe I'm just an overeater, but when we did our character breakfast on the Magic, I was quite disappointed with the pathetic breakfast offering. :rotfl:

Fun discussion - I'll be looking forward to reading what everyone else has to say. :yay:

I'd love to see all new shows too. We have seen the shows on the Magic so many times that we usually just skip them. If I remember right the reason they haven't added the Toy Story to the Magic is that they don't have any room for the sets. Here's hoping they increased the storage area for them on the new ships for IF/WHEN they do longer sailings.

One of my good friends Laura (Fairygodmother on the Dis) made this for us on the EBPC repo in '08. It has a permanent spot in the kitchen until it is cruise time. It serves 2 purposes year round---it will always bring a smile and it is a great catch all for the mail and stuff--so it helps to keep the counter clear.
ry%3D400

I am having her make them for all my family members that end up booking this cruise. (I think I am going to have to work on the slackers at Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Yay!!! It's FRIDAY!!! :cool1:

We have been on the Magic twice and still love the shows! We have been on the Wonder once, but the Toy Story show was not there. I was looking forward to the May 2010 on the Wonder so I could see that show, but then we switched cruises. I sort of hope they do have it on the Dream. But we'll see.... I'd like to see anything with the villians, just because, we have boys! Everything always seems to be geared toward the Princesses. Now, don't get me wrong, my boys LOVE the princesses..both make believe and real life :scared1: ..... but something to entice them/catch thier attention would be nice.
I too, would be okay with no formal night. we love eating in the dining rooms, and can't wait for the new venues, but we are not the gussy-up for dinner folks. I'll pack a few pairs of Dockers for everyone, but don't want to have to bring the dress-up clothes if I don't have to.
A character lunch? I think I might like that idea. I would go for a brunch myself, but not sure how that would work for other folks. I'll be bringing 2 teenage boys who would rather sleep in...but eating IS important to thier life as well! :lmao: I guess that is one advantage to having the late dining seating...we will have the later breakfast for character and departure day!

Well, I better get off of here and get a few things done! Quite a few things! Steve's aunt is coming to spend the weekend with us and I worked more this week then I'd really rather...but with the Holidays coming, the extra money will be nice! Everyone have a great weekend!

May all your Dreams be full of Magic and Wonder!

I really need to get out my navigators from our 5 night. It was the 1st one DCL did. I am pretty sure that we had 1 formal night, my guys didn't do tuxes though. We had rented them for the PC and if we had kept them it would have been another rental. We are pretty casual too--but I love to get all dressed up for the formal nights.

I am very excited for the Villans show as they are my favorite characters. I'm also hoping Toy Story makes it on the Dream as it was my favorite of all the shows on the Wonder. I would imagine that one night will be a movie (I know Cars 2 comes out that summer, perhaps they will have it on the ship like we had Up this summer).

One of the best things about DCL is that even on formal nights that aren't sticklers for the rule and aren't going to turn you away from the dining room for not having a tux or a suit on (Palo is a different story which is why we did brunch instead of dinner). My formal wear consisted of dockers and a button shirt...no tie or jacket. On semi-formal night it was dockers on a polo shirt. The rest of the nights I wore nice jeans and a polo or Hawaiian shirts.

This thread is getting lonely on page two. I will use my superhuman powers to lift it up, defying the law of gravity and place it into page one.
Unghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I did it . We are on page one again. I should put a banana on the chest of my costume. Yeah,,,, that's the ticket,,,, a banana. Cue the bananas!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Bill

I really need to get out my navigators from our 5 night. It was the 1st one DCL did. I am pretty sure that we had 1 formal night, my guys didn't do tuxes though. We had rented them for the PC and if we had kept them it would have been another rental. We are pretty casual too--but I love to get all dressed up for the formal nights.

Do you think you could scan in and e-mail me the navigators? I would be interested in seeing the difference in activities between a 4 and 5 night.

If you can, thanks! If you can't, that is fine also! :)

Scott

Hi Scott, if I haven't done it by the end of January--remind me. I know right where they are--in the need to be scrapbooked box that I haven't touched since we got back last year underneath the 2007 stuff.

Scott, I just went and got them, let me see if I can hook the laptop to the printer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter