Disney Dining credit use for those not on plan

I'm sure the plan is priced based on a certain number of credits going unused. Doesn't the expensive package include 3 TS meals /day? I'm sure guests skip some meals. I'm sure Disney takes that into account when they priced the plan. I don't read any of those guests wondering if they can give the meals they aren't going to be using to others.

One TS credit per day isn't even enough for the family buying the plan if they use two credit meals or have an early arrival/late departure time. Families will be using their credits to treat people at the expensive meals and paying out of pocket for cheaper meals. I'm sure Le Cellier or Chefs De France would rather guests not on the plan paid the menu prices for their meals and the MYW Dining guests used the credits they were going to be spending on their friends in a different TS restaurant, maybe the one on the guest's resort.

Disney seems to be allowing guests to treat friends but there really isn't any logical reason why Disney has to allow it.

I don't read any of those guests wondering if they can give the meals they aren't going to be using to others.
Interesting observation. Should I hazard to wonder why this is the case? :)

We purchased the Dining plan this past January for our 6 nite visit with 3 adults and 1 four year old.

As suggested, and allowed by Disney CM's, we:
1) Shared meals and, in some cases, only used 2~3 TS credits for a meal.
2) Paid cash for a child's meal (say at HdeDooh), saving his TS credit for a restaurant that didn't have child's meals (I know, this borders on it . . .)
3) Used our CS credits judiciously at Rosies, Tusker House and Flame Tree, imho, the best CS in the parks!
4) Used our CS and TS credits for guests, specifically DisBoard members at the EE "meet" (who got us FP's!) as well as cousins who were visiting at the same time at Boma

As it worked out, we had many CS and snack credits left over. It was probably a waste with the Concierge, but a pretty good value given we enjoy a lot of Disney food, service, atmosphere.

Btw, the Dining Plan included package for this coming August-September convinced us to make another visit this year. I can't believe we are going again.

Luv2Roam said:
As far as I know the MYW Dining is a different plan than what was in 2004.
I agree it makes sense guests can use their credits any way they like. But we have been reading this is not always the case. So just have a plan B if you are wanting to share your DDP credits with others not officially on your plan.

In 2004 Disney had the Dreammaker Silver/Gold/Platinum plans. They were ALL very different from the MYW dining plan.

jonimce said:
Then they must have changed the cards. Ours was always on our resort card witch also was our passes for the parks. It just told you how many points were available and deducted points each time you used it. If 4 of us shared 2 meals they took off two points. When 8 of us went to California Grill it took off 14 points. (DS just had one of our apps for his meal) We go in August so I will let you know what the new cards say.

The old Dreammaker plans to which you are referring were VERY different from the MYW dining plan. You really should read the brochure on Disney's website or the FAQ at the top of this board.

MYW Dining is on your Key to the world card, or park admission. It will CLEARLY state 2adults/2children, or whatever your party is.

jonimce said:
bicker, I don't think you have been reading this thread properly or you are confusing me with the others on the other thread. We are talking about using my son's dinning points. He is 19, and when we did this I payed $67.00 a day for his credits. Where did the 10.99 come from? Is that the children's price now? Even the children's price on the silver plan was around $30.00.
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Sorry, on our last trip when we did this DS was 17.

I think the biggest problem is that you are confusing the old Dreammaker Silver plan with the current MYW dining plan. They are extremely different. The MYW dining plan is not transferrable. You also (according to Disney's brochure) can not use a child's meal entitlement (ages 3-9) for an adult meal. With the old silver plans a family got a certain number of "wishes" and they could be used between the group however they liked including water rentals, merchandise, stuff like that.

Your son will be considered an adult and your keys will list him that way.

Our family used to get the dreammaker Gold plan which included 3 TS meals per day, free child clubs, free Cirque tickets, free water/boat rental. It did not use "wishes" the way the silver plan did. Of course, it was a lot more money than the MYW dining plan! :)

I think you need to read the whole thread. I am not confusing anything. We are not talking about childrens meals. My DS is 19 and we will use his. We are all adults, at adult prices. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Maybe they'll make exceptions for that, if it doesn't make things too complicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter