***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
dumby said:
I am in Decatur. Do you know how far away you are? I am not sure where Helena is. I have heard of it though.

It is about 1 and 1/2 hours. Helena is about 20 miles south of downtown Birmingham. We used to have good friends that lived in Decatur so I spent a good bit of time visiting there.

julia & nicks mom said:
Well I think game night was a HUGE success - final score

Julia - 1
Kevin - 1
the rest of us - 0

we were playing a 3rd game however Kevin and Julia both exhibited unsportsmanlike behavior and the game was suspended -

Kevin believed the answer on the card to be wrong and felt Julia was unfairly awarded 3 spaces - he continued in the game but wanted us to know it was under protest

shortly thereafter - Julia declared her 10 or so space lead was enough to declare herself the winner - (at the time Kevin was in 3rd place) so I will have say that the evening ended in a tie

Julia greeted Kevin at the door and said "You were talking trash to me Kevin!!!" :rotfl:

Alyssa and Nick slowly learned how to co-exist during the evening - Amy told Julia that as they got older we could have sleep overs - I turned to see Nick and Alyssa kissing and hugging :love: - so maybe no sleepovers!! :rotfl:

UNSPORTSMANLIKE!?!?!? Is asking for an instant replay unsportsmanlike? Is requiring that trivia questions actually contain the correct answers unsportsmanlike? Is making sure the rules are followed correctly by all parties unsportsmanlike? No wonder Alyssa's first word upon entering the car to return home was "cheat." :rotfl:

Besides, I was on a roll when young Julia decided that game night was over. I was coming from behind and FAST! I will accept a tie, this time, but a rematch will be had.

Despite the controversy, it was a pleasant evening. And the amorous ones will have to be watched very closely as they grow up.

Now, it is obviously well past my usual bedtime so I must say, "Goodnight."

--Kevin

marcij said:
Deb -- that is incredibly kind of you! Unfortunately, my son is nothing like me -- he's fairly small, and I think an 8 - 10 would be way too big. He wears a 6 slim. I wouldn't want him to step all over the bottom of it or catch it on something if it's too big. Could you describe what you made him and maybe I could get a local person to make me one?

Marci

Here is a photo of the brown bear costume

The second photo if of the mittens and shoe covers that goes with it. I also have a Pooh costume, but I think that is size 4-5.

I think that if you click on the photo it will link to a larger photo. I'm experimenting with adding my photos using the link under the smilies.

Deb

KMH1 said:
UNSPORTSMANLIKE!?!?!? Is asking for an instant replay unsportsmanlike? Is requiring that trivia questions actually contain the correct answers unsportsmanlike? Is making sure the rules are followed correctly by all parties unsportsmanlike? No wonder Alyssa's first word upon entering the car to return home was "cheat." :rotfl:

Besides, I was on a roll when young Julia decided that game night was over. I was coming from behind and FAST! I will accept a tie, this time, but a rematch will be had.

Despite the controversy, it was a pleasant evening. And the amorous ones will have to be watched very closely as they grow up.

Now, it is obviously well past my usual bedtime so I must say, "Goodnight."

--Kevin

:rotfl:

I couldn't let my poor sweet angel take ALL the blame for the suspension of the game now could I? She obviously saw your ploy to cast a pall upon the game so that when you lost - her victory would be tainted!!

although I have to admit - the card was wrong!!!

At 11:07 p.m., November 17, 2005

julia & nicks mom said:
Kevin -

Julia doesn't think that you should be so nervous about game night that you are making yourself sick! She said she will let you win if it means that much to you!!!

At 12:41 p.m., November 8, 2005

julia & nicks mom said:
alyssa

sfshhs gsdghsshsdhdjk;'qwrtyyipo

xfssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssd

syZnjhcchdhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

julia1234

translation:

your daddy (Kevin) thinks he is going to win game night - but we are!!

Please come over for game night but leave your cat and doggy at home (sorry Amy - she is terrified you might bring them with you - I might have to get a dog so she quits being such a chicken about it - although then I would have to buy stock in claritin!! )

I hope you get this message! I will see you for game night!

At 10:51 a.m., November 7, 2005

julia & nicks mom said:
kevin

asdffghqwrtyuq x yq uw uuy fyeke uje ufw

julia1234

(translation: Kevin - Are you going to be me at game night? NOOOOOOOOO! I am giong to beat you! Julia)

she will probably be aided in the fact that Nick's hot wheel mountain will be right there with his Disney cars - men seem to have a problem resisting the hot wheel mountain!!!

julia & nicks mom said:
Actually - it wasn't Julia who was trash talking - she told Kevin they could both win - it was the 34 yo who started trash talking to a 4 yo!!!

It was just ME trash talking. :confused3 She even badmouthed me to my DD.

--Kevin

glad to hear game night was somwhat a success. I never heard what game you were going to play was it disney scene it or trivia.
Kevin even though she might have started the trash talk :teeth: you should be an adult an ignore it. :rotfl2: :rotfl:
Okay Im off to bed got to work in the AM try not to post over 20 pages tonight. LOL :rotfl:

bear74 said:
Kevin even though she might have started the trash talk :teeth: you should be an adult an ignore it. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I dont know.... like I said, I'm not one for trash talking. But I think that if the little guys and gals play with the big ones, then they are on their own. That's how my parents were with me and my sister.... they NEVER let us win!

Now -- if Julia beats Kevin fairly (since there are definitely kids questions and adult questions) then she can rub it in... but if Kevin wins, I think he can give it right back :rotfl:

What a sight that would have been! :rotfl2: Hope you all had fun overall ;)

Kevin is very clever in that he had Amy pm me the trash talk!!! Julia just responded that Kevin would not win when I told her he said she would!! :rotfl:

She did tell you yesterday that you could both win at game night! I might add that she is very happy that tonight ended in a tie - she did not want either of you to walk away sad!!!

Oh - and I think Julia might have a little crush on Kevin - when she got her Christmas dress this week - she asked if she could show it off at game night - when I said yes - her answer was "Kevin will think I look so pretty!!!"

julia & nicks mom said:
She did tell you yesterday that you could both win at game night! I might add that she is very happy that tonight ended in a tie - she did not want either of you to walk away sad!!!

That's very sweet :) I remember playing Sorry with my sister when she was very young and she cried when she landed on my piece and I had to go back to start.... she didn't want to play anymore! :rotfl2:

The really expensive teeth are the ones that need to be pulled by the dentist or surgically removed. Not only are you paying the dentist or surgeon to remove them but you gotta pay for the tooth fairy money too.

Kate, I have no idea about the finger sucking for nick. Although the first time I saw him doing that in your picture in your signature, it reminded me of one of my friends from college who still does that. :earseek: Always when she is concentrating or stressed both her middle and forefinger are in her mouth. So I don't have any ideas for you. I hope that he breaks his habit before he is in his 20's though.

Becky

julia & nicks mom said:
Kevin is very clever in that he had Amy pm me the trash talk!!! Julia just responded that Kevin would not win when I told her he said she would!! :rotfl:

Oh - and I think Julia might have a little crush on Kevin - when she got her Christmas dress this week - she asked if she could show it off at game night - when I said yes - her answer was "Kevin will think I look so pretty!!!"

Well it is obvious that Julia is handling this as the mature princess that she is. What a good sport.

Deb

julia & nicks mom said:

Obviously, my honor has been restored. I know nothing of these so called PMs from my DW. ;)

I must admit, that young Julia is a very gracious winner and loser. It was a pleasure to play against a true competitor. I look forward to the rematch.

ReAnSt said:
The really expensive teeth are the ones that need to be pulled by the dentist or surgically removed. Not only are you paying the dentist or surgeon to remove them but you gotta pay for the tooth fairy money too.

Kate, I have no idea about the finger sucking for nick. Although the first time I saw him doing that in your picture in your signature, it reminded me of one of my friends from college who still does that. :earseek: Always when she is concentrating or stressed both her middle and forefinger are in her mouth. So I don't have any ideas for you. I hope that he breaks his habit before he is in his 20's though.

Becky

I totally understand that. My Nick had 5 teeth pulled at once. Ouch!! not the teeth pulling, but paying the dentist and the tooth fairy. I our house pulled teeth seem to get a little more $$ then the ones that fall out on their own. I guess you could call it compensation for pain and suffering.

Deb

julia & nicks mom said:

This last part was not in the original post. Very curious. :blush:

bear74 said:
glad to hear game night was somwhat a success. I never heard what game you were going to play was it disney scene it or trivia.

We played two games of a really cool Disney card game that I cannot recall the name of. Hopefully Kate can reply. We then had the interrupted game of the Disney Wonderful World of Music Game. Fun had by all.

--Kevin

Kevin, we're you going to bed like an hour ago?

I have to tell you that my db's name is Kevin and his wife is Amy. My oldest son walked by the computer the other day and saw your signature with the names Kevin, Amy and Alyssa. He said "I didn't know that buddy is on the computer with you", but who is Alyssa :rotfl: I guess it is a small world. For future reference as Amy noted earlier that she is not pregnant yet, their kids are named Summer and Logan. If you had another child and named him/her Summer or Logan you would totally confuse my son.

Deb

Well, it's off to bed for me! After getting in town this morning and working at the apartment (straight up until 10:30 or 11:00), I remembered whenI got home TONIGHT, about my tests on Monday.

Denise - can I stow away to Disney when you go? That sounds better than finishing out my few weeks here!

Kate - I don't think I mentioned it, but your Mickey plate is adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter