Disney Cruise Line Swap - Interest Thread

Michellepooh

DIS Veteran
Is it May already? It really snuck up on me! :upsidedow Anyway, I just thought I would post a thread to toss around ideas for the Disney Cruise swap. What would all of you cruise swappers like to see in this year's swap? Elements only? Completed pages? Altered letters?

In the past we've had groups based on ship and itinerary, as well as general cruise groups. Would you like to continue that, or are there any other suggestions? Topic ideas?

Let the brainstorm begin!

I would be interested in doing letters to make words. I have enough elements that I think I better start using them before signing up for anything else. :lmao: Plus, with a trip in June, and the Resort & AK Swap, letters is probably all I have time for.

When are you thinking of having this due? The later the better for me.

I would like to do something for this swap. I have not been on the DCL yet, but will be in March. So, I'd like to do maybe some Altered letters or possibly an element group to get something for when we go. I just want to make sure it is ok...since I am not 100% familiar with the DCL. I can do some things that are general and make letters that are a combo of cruise and Disney themed. So, please let me know how you feel about that!! Once I see what the groups are, it may be easier to decide?? Thanks!

Erin

Hey Erin
We will be happy to have you sail with us!
If Im thinking correctly, saw your things on the newbie and they look great.
We will walk you through this and you can always go to the gallery and look at the past cruise swaps.
Where are you going in March? Are you on the Dream?
We leave 5 weeks from tomorrow!

Wow, AR! That cruise is coming up fast! Glad you are feeling better!

I'd be interested in the altered letters too. The Disneyland ones turned out so great, that I wished I had played in that swap. But, if they are in the Cruise Swap...:laughing:, I'd *really* be tempted to join!

C'mon PBF! You have to do more than altered letters, you've got 2 cruises, maybe more, coming up!
I have an entire box of things put away waiting for me to take this trip and use them!:goodvibes
When the chest pains start up now I make myself stop and breathe deeply for at least 5 counts and Im on 40m of prescription prilosec. Before I started it I felt like I could have eaten the bark off a tree but now I think its making me full and the hb is better.
Thanks for being there for me!:hug:

Seems like there is a lot of interest in the altered letters. Maybe we could do these groupings for them:

Magic
Wonder
Dream
Castaway Cay
Disney Cruise
any others?

Some other topics that could be used for the elements:

Areas of the ship:
Spa
Studio Sea
Route 66
Rockin Bar D
Walt Disney Theater
Beat Street
On deck

Theme Nights / events:
Til We Meet Again
Formal
Semi Formal
Pirate
Sail Away celebration

Ports of call

Castaway Cay

Resturants:
Parrot Cay
Animator's Palate
Lumiere's
Triton's
Palo

Character greetings:
Random Acts of Characters
Autographs
Princess
Villians
Meet and Greet

General cruise stuff:
stateroom
lifeboat drill
the terminal
towel animals

We can also divide things up specific to the Magic and Wonder. Not sure how many of you are ready for swap items for the Dream yet (I know I am!!). Looking forward to all of your ideas and suggestions!!

Hey Erin
We will be happy to have you sail with us!
If Im thinking correctly, saw your things on the newbie and they look great.
We will walk you through this and you can always go to the gallery and look at the past cruise swaps.
Where are you going in March? Are you on the Dream?
We leave 5 weeks from tomorrow!

Awww thanks!!!! Yep...that was my stuff in that swap! Thank you...I really had fun making them. You know...I have been scrapbooking for several years...never did swaps until coming on here (DHS and Newbie are the only two I completed so far). And, in the years that I did all of my scrapbooks, I feel like I have been able to become more creative on here! You guys are a great influence!!! (Just not on my wallet!! LOL) I see that some of the topics are fairly general and I should be able to come up with something. But, if I get stuck and you are willing to help offer suggestions, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks so much for that! I have looked in the gallery in anticipation of this swap and will look again!! :thumbsup2

We are just doing a 3 night cruise next year with a week-long stay at BLT!!! I am so excited for this!!!! It is a short cruise, but it's our first, so without knowing how the kids will do, I thought it was best to try a short one for starters!! Anyway, it is on the Dream and stops in Nassau and Castaway. Which ship will you be on? I can't wait to hear about it!!! Hope you have fun!

Any of these great ladies are always here for you! Sometimes you might get an answer from someone you werent expecting but its great to know that some has your back!
So yes, me or Michelle, Hope we will all be here for you. So dont worry if you get stuck.
The Magic is our second home away from home, DL being the first.
This will be our 4th cruise on her and we are going to the Baltics!
I can actually say that I am starting to get excited! I booked this trip almost 2 years ago! Now we're into days!:yay:
You will LOVE it!

Michellepooh - When are you looking to open this and end it??

Rita - I sooooo want to go to DL some day!!! That, and Hollywood!!! LOL My husband makes fun of me...calls me paparazzi!! I am obsessed with celebrites!! And, I adore everything Marilyn Monroe. SO, if my dream of a Hollywood trip ever comes true, DL will fit right in there, too!!! But, for now...WDW and the upcoming cruise will do just fine! :thumbsup2 Since the cruise is a new thing for us, it will be noce to experience that!

I am defiantly in on this. I love the Altered letters. Also last year I really enjoyed the color groups. I need to look thru my stuff but I have been on 4 cruises so will probably need more elements too.

Do you know when sign-ups are going to be?

Erin, as Rita said, we're all happy to help with any questions you might have, so don't be afraid to ask! :flower3:

I'm thinking of doing signups either Friday after 1, or Saturday morning. Is there a preference? This tends to be a pretty small swap in terms of the number of swappers, so "getting a spot" usually isn't too difficult. Due date will be very end of July / August 1.

Tigger1221 - glad you are joining us again! I will definitely add in the color groups, too. Those are always so versatile!

We've done 12 cruises so far, with the 13th booked on the Dream's Maiden, so I need lots of cruise stuff!! I've fallen a little behind in my scrapping! :rolleyes1

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming! :goodvibes

I'm up for the Dream! And I wouldn't mind a Remy group... you gonna do that restaurant on the Dream, Michelle? Lou wants to do that over Palo.

And is there an AquaDuck group? Did I miss that? I'd like that..

Michelle - am I missing the gallery photos from last summer's Cruise Swap? I see the other swaps from around that time on the Gallery thread, but not the cruise one. Z2H and I really had fun with that one last year (one of our first swaps!), but I wanted to look over the groups, etc. again to see what had already been done...

oh, and I'd be good with Friday after 1 - I get off work at 4:30, so I'll probably be home by 6 at the latest to sign up... otherwise I'd have to wait all day on Saturday! Haha. But you do what's easiest for you.

Oh, and I like altered letters and elements.

Additional words:

FOOD
SHOWS
PIRATES
CHARACTERS - I thought it would be cute for each person to pick a different character that appears on the ship. So someone would do Mickey, another person Belle, etc. Or since this is a 10 letter word, 2 letters each with different characters

Additional words:

FOOD
SHOWS
PIRATES
CHARACTERS - I thought it would be cute for each person to pick a different character that appears on the ship. So someone would do Mickey, another person Belle, etc. Or since this is a 10 letter word, 2 letters each with different characters

I like those and especially like the Characters idea!

Other word/phrase ideas for the 2" altered letters:

OUR CABIN
ON DECK
DCL FUN
SUNSET

Are there going to be any of the 4" "first letter" groups, like in the MK swap? (Then we finish each word ourselves...) Those turned out kinda cute too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter