DISney Cruise Line Circle Journal I 1/21/06 & II 2/1/06

house_of_princesses said:
If I get a vote, I say the first one. But only if our fearless leader agrees!! :love:

Welcome home, Fearless Leader!! :grouphug:
Thanks!
I like the first 2 the best.....anyone else?
Where are the rest of the gang?
We can decide in a few days.......

So I have 15 + 2 yahoo members and Wanda is going to send me her new YAHOO address - could the members who haven't joined send me a pm...I will look back on this thread and send to the addresses tat are listed....

And now, we need all the themes - have you decided????

Let me KNOW!

finally strolls back in and now wants instant replies!! hehehe

i did reply through a pm - i suggested that joy make two logos - one for I and one for II with the colors (red & blue) reversed - just thought it would be cool :) i think i like the first model the best - but all look great to me!!

pat - glad you are back and happy you had a wonderful time - when are you off again?

janice

Circle Journal Sizes
I was just looking thru the yahoo listings and I see that several people have chosen 8.5X11 as thier size....this is rather big (expensive) to mail every month as it will not fit into the "Flat Rate Priority Mail Envelope" that can be mailed for $3.85.

I did mention size in the first post.....
GrayFal said:
"This is the OP's explanation from 2Peas:

You could pick your own theme (favorite ride, favorite character, most memorable Disney experience, favorite place to stay, etc)....

Here are some 'rules':

Each of us will buy a book that we want our CJ in (6x6, 8x8, 6 1/2 X 10 or 5x7 are preferred for easier mailing). You will come up with a Disney theme for your book--it is TOTALLY up to you but be creative! You will create the first page with an introduction as well as some sort of sign-in for your book. Some people do a page where everyone can sign in with information about themselves; I've seen other variations. Do whatever you want. You will then send your journal to the next person on the list, who will do a page according to your theme. Each month you will receive a journal to add an entry to, and at the end of a year you will receive your book back, full of the experiences and wisdom of the people in our CJ group.

You will be responsible for postage each month."

If it is possible, I would recommend using a smaller size as suggested above - it is easier to mail......If you have purchased a "special" album, that is okay, too.

dizney-cruiser said:
finally strolls back in and now wants instant replies!! hehehe

i did reply through a pm - i suggested that joy make two logos - one for I and one for II with the colors (red & blue) reversed - just thought it would be cool :) i think i like the first model the best - but all look great to me!!

pat - glad you are back and happy you had a wonderful time - when are you off again?

janice
What a GREAT idea!

Check my signature...I am packing NOW!

chichihoney said:
hi vicki you know pat like to travel and go on vacations alot only 2 weeks left till MNSSHP
Hi Sarah & Vicki & Linda..... :grouphug:

Only SIX more Days!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

The PLaPlaP-ers take Old Key West !!!!!

::MickeyMo Mouse ::MinnieMo House Here We COME!!!!

Okay, I'm indecisive.....like both the first and second logo and also would agree about swapping colors around....so I guess the bottom line is that I'll turn the final decision over to our fearless leader. :worship:

My theme.....I'm going with "The Magic and Wonder of DCL". All the "must haves" and "definitely nots" for the newbies to DCL.

Mailing is 10/15 so I best get hopping!!!!! :jumping1:

For all those headed to WDW for the mnsshp.....have a blast.....wish I were going with you! Maybe another year! :maleficen

I like the first one but truthfully, any of them would be fine. They are all nice.

How do the members of the second CJ feel about having a Canadian included? I would love to sign up, but due to the increased postage for me (not a big deal) and for the others in the group have held off.

SO, how would you all feel about a canuck in your group? Please PM me if anyone does not want the extra expensive, no hurt feelings will be felt, but don't want to sign up if it will be a problem with others. :blush: But if I can't sign up I want pics of the journal pages, lol. :love:

Penny

we have someone from canada in our second cj - i think she is sandy22 - and she could give some tips - turns out it isnt that much more - they have to declare it as a gift - but it does take a few extra days to go back and forth - so it shouldnt be too a big of a deal

I have no issues at all with a neighbor from the north joining! The more the merrier :jumping1:

pjpoohbear said:
How do the members of the second CJ feel about having a Canadian included? I would love to sign up, but due to the increased postage for me (not a big deal) and for the others in the group have held off.

SO, how would you all feel about a canuck in your group? Please PM me if anyone does not want the extra expensive, no hurt feelings will be felt, but don't want to sign up if it will be a problem with others. :blush: But if I can't sign up I want pics of the journal pages, lol. :love:

Penny
Hi Penny!!!!

Any Chip & Dale Fan is welcome regardless of country of origin :banana:

I just answered your pm - send me your email addy.

Those two in the photo with me are "THE BOYFRIENDS". They have been with me for all my Disney Vacations, lol. Have pics to prove it too!

Now I guess that I need a album, thinking 8x8 and a DCL theme, right? Isn't it sad I already know how I want to do the sign in page, talk about the cart before the horse.

ETA
"DCL, Moments that make you smile" , how is that for a theme, big enough for each person to be creative?

What is this about a guideline page? As you can see I am a newbie. Will check out twopeas for more info.

Penny

dclcj1.jpg

Executive choice here.......this is the one for # 1....okay :confused3
dcl-cj-logo.jpg

and here is # 2

Bubbasmom...could you add "II" to the second one????

I wanted to post this as group one needs to be working on thier books.....first mailing October 15th ....

any more questions....any more members???

I will post it I hope on the yahoo group..... :banana:

HELP....could someone else load these pictures on the Yahoo Group???? Pretty Please????

Sorry for the delay... here is CJII's:

dclcjii.jpg

Please save to your own server for photo hosting. Thanks!

Hi...I just discovered the thread about the journal and would love to join! Do you still have room for one more? What a great way to combine my love of all things Disney, scrapbooking, and journaling! :teeth:
Sharon

havencruiser said:
Hi...I just discovered the thread about the journal and would love to join! Do you still have room for one more? What a great way to combine my love of all things Disney, scrapbooking, and journaling! :teeth:
Sharon
Hi, We have room in CJ II - that starts in November.....will that do?

Let me know and I will post your name on the beginning of the thread.....I am leaving in a few hours for a trip to WDW...so pm your email to Dizney-Cruiser and she will send you an invite to the yahoo group.....

WELCOME :boat:

i so want to join this one, but i have never been on the disneycruise...i want to do it soooooooo bad!!!

i can only imagine the cool lo's that this cj will bring....

karen

Okay, It is now apparent that we (my family and I) are CJ ignorant. I just read the post about the size. I completely misunderstood in the beginning. Unfortuately we have started our books. When I mail mine next week I will see what the cost is and compensate the the differance if need be.

We still do not completly understand what we are doing, but we are winging it. I do not want the tags, but I do want a picture and signature. I was doing that on the last page of the album. Is that ok?

I also put a picture in mine on the page I did. I assume I do nnot need pictures for the others.

I have read the directions, and read them and read them. Still I missed some things. Is it okay to list what each page should be? For instance. We did a land and sea. The first few days were land and then the sea. We did breakfast in the castle and would like a page with cinderella.

Can you be that deatailed in the instructions?

Thanks,
Dee

faireygodmother -- I am not quite sure what you mean without actually looking at your album, but to try to sum it up for you... what CJs *usually* consist of is like this:

I pick a theme -- like mine is "character greetings" -- and I do a 2 page layout in my book based on our meet-n-greet with Mickey Mouse.

Then say, you are the person I mail to next... then YOU would do a 2 page layout in MY book based on a character greeting that YOU had... say Cinderella and your family. Then, you mail to the next person, and she does a 2 page layout based on Pooh and her family, etc.

What YOUR CJ should start with is a question or theme... so if your theme is Land and Sea, each person that does a layout in your book is going to design a theme around their own personal experiences with Land/Sea.

It sounds as if your interpretation of a CJ is that each person designs pages for you.... that's a great idea for a page swap but not exactly how the traditional CJ works. What we actually do is a share a little bit of ourselves that is forever left in someone else's book. It's a good way to get to know each other, and to do something creatively that you might not think about doing otherwise.

As far as a the 8 1/2 x 11 size, depending on where you're mailing to, that would add probably at least $2-$4 per month to the person mailing it. It is awfully nice of you to compensate for it, but realize you would be doing that times 11. Perhaps, if you had a different idea of what the CJ would be like, you might want to save your 8 1/2 x 11 book for yourself and start a smaller one for the circle journal.

Well, it's late here but I am on the West coast which is why I'm answering this first, but I'm sure the other ladies have feedback as well. I am in CJ II anyway, so take my feedback with a grain of salt -- it should be up to the ladies in your circle how you guys should proceed. In any case, I am looking forward to seeing yours and everyone else's work so I hope you all post it as you go along :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter