Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

There was a post on the DCL board about someone receiving ears back in 2007 as part of their VR. I wanted to confirm, before buying new ones, that they don't do that anymore. Am I right they don't do it?

There was a post on the DCL board about someone receiving ears back in 2007 as part of their VR. I wanted to confirm, before buying new ones, that they don't do that anymore. Am I right they don't do it?

We got married in September and did not receive ears.

Me and my hubby are renewing our vows on the Fantasy in June, can't wait. I thought I read somewhere that when we get to the port, we can check in at the concierge line, is that true?

Me and my hubby are renewing our vows on the Fantasy in June, can't wait. I thought I read somewhere that when we get to the port, we can check in at the concierge line, is that true?

I think you should ask Shanda she would be best able to answer your question.

My wife and I did check in at th concierge desk at the port. Also the let us skip the boarding line and allowed everyone that was in our party an with us to do the same. Granted those members of your party must be with you to skip the line.

Sorry as I know this was on the old board, but I can't find who I was looking for anywhere ...

Does anyone have any recommendations on photography outside of Disney? We are saying our options. We are in NY, and the cost to bring the photographer here that we wanted was outrageous.

I don't know how much you are willing to spend but our photographers also work out of NY. here is a link to there web site they are amazing to work with I can't say enough good things about them.

http://www.dlweddings.com/

Ps We took them on our cruise

Hello! For brides who have already had their ceremony, CONGRATULATIONS! I'd like to ask what you did for Videography. Also, did any of you have flowers in your hair and how did you do that. Did you bring them on board yourself or purchase somewhere on ship? I'm thinking of having a flower in my hair but don't know how I'll get that flower. Thanks! :hippie:

Hello! For brides who have already had their ceremony, CONGRATULATIONS! I'd like to ask what you did for Videography. Also, did any of you have flowers in your hair and how did you do that. Did you bring them on board yourself or purchase somewhere on ship? I'm thinking of having a flower in my hair but don't know how I'll get that flower. Thanks! :hippie:

I may be mistaken but based on my conversations with Shanda at DFTW we cannot bring fresh or freeze dried flowers onboard. I think your options would be to see if Disney floral can make a floral hair clip for you or to have a faux one made. I do think some brides have had silk or real feel flowers done so they may be able to advise you as to where to get something made.

Thanks! I better find out! Better to be safe then sorry. :banana:

I may be mistaken but based on my conversations with Shanda at DFTW we cannot bring fresh or freeze dried flowers onboard. I think your options would be to see if Disney floral can make a floral hair clip for you or to have a faux one made. I do think some brides have had silk or real feel flowers done so they may be able to advise you as to where to get something made.

Future brides: Did you get your email from Shanda saying that she is moving on to a new career role on Monday, June 4th????

Future brides: Did you get your email from Shanda saying that she is moving on to a new career role on Monday, June 4th????

Ive seen the positions of wedding coordinators change every so often. I'm sure the new coordinator will contact you soon. Is your wedding coming up soon?

Oh, really? Not until April 18, 2013.

I think one of the park based planners changed earlier in the year. Don't quote me I'm not 100% on that but I don't think its that big a deal. I think Disney is really good about putting everything to paper and at your 45 day out mark or so they go over everything again and then send your info to the onboard coordinator.

I was actually having a conversation today with a recent disney groom and he was saying how he was so worried but in the end they went over everything with him and the wedding was perfect. I also get the same vibe for the most part on the boards. Considering you've got almost a year to go I'm sure it will give you plenty of time to get to know the new wedding planner and convey your ideas. I'm taking this as an opportunity to pose any new questions I have when I'm contacted by them.

Evi, I was stressed out worrying about details but as you said Disney keeps track of everything. you will be able to complete your packet and resend it as many times as needed.

I have been lurking on this board for about a year since I booked my CC wedding last June. :guilty: All of the information has been extremely helpful. Glad to have finally find the new thread; I was wondering what happened to you all :confused3

Since we are getting married on the 14 July 2012 Eastern Fantasy sailing, and anxiously awaiting our 45 day out wedding confirmation docs, I was definitely freaked out when I got the e-mail from Shanda :eek: I feel like she could have said something a few weeks ago when I e-mailed her my packet; it would have been more comforting. We are pretty low maintenance and only have 16 people total in my wedding group, so I'm sure everything will work out fine, but being in limbo this close to my sail date is definitely an added stressor.

With regard to the marriage license, we went through license to marry even though I had read on the old thread we could do it for less through Brevard county. Ryan is awesome! Although it is $193, the ease and speed with which the transactions were handled was worth the premium IMHO. Since it is a legal transaction, you do have to ensure that things are done the right way, and attention to detail is important; nothing like having something delayed by the court because you inadvertently missed a signature or left a blank unfilled. As an extremely busy single mom, my peace of mind that everything was being handled was worth the extra dough :thumbsup2

Don't know if I'll have a whole lot more to say prior to sailing, but I'll definitely post about our experience when I return. If anyone has specific questions they'd like me to have answers to, please ask and I'll make sure to ask/make note of those things during our trip.

Congrats to everyone!

Emily

I have been lurking on this board for about a year since I booked my CC wedding last June. :guilty: All of the information has been extremely helpful. Glad to have finally find the new thread; I was wondering what happened to you all :confused3

Since we are getting married on the 14 July 2012 Eastern Fantasy sailing, and anxiously awaiting our 45 day out wedding confirmation docs, I was definitely freaked out when I got the e-mail from Shanda :eek: I feel like she could have said something a few weeks ago when I e-mailed her my packet; it would have been more comforting. We are pretty low maintenance and only have 16 people total in my wedding group, so I'm sure everything will work out fine, but being in limbo this close to my sail date is definitely an added stressor.

With regard to the marriage license, we went through license to marry even though I had read on the old thread we could do it for less through Brevard county. Ryan is awesome! Although it is $193, the ease and speed with which the transactions were handled was worth the premium IMHO. Since it is a legal transaction, you do have to ensure that things are done the right way, and attention to detail is important; nothing like having something delayed by the court because you inadvertently missed a signature or left a blank unfilled. As an extremely busy single mom, my peace of mind that everything was being handled was worth the extra dough :thumbsup2

Don't know if I'll have a whole lot more to say prior to sailing, but I'll definitely post about our experience when I return. If anyone has specific questions they'd like me to have answers to, please ask and I'll make sure to ask/make note of those things during our trip.

Congrats to everyone!

Emily

Congratulations Emily!! You must be so excited with your date coming up so soon. I'll look forward to reading your trip report. Remember to have fun..

I too got the email from Shanda....and i'm getting married in exactly 14 days!!

Needless to say i'm a little stressed out. This transition has been handled rather poorly. At least they could have said: Shanda is out, now X is in. I was told I'd get an additional communication from DFTW to confirm everything, and i haven't got anything yet.

I guess I'll have to call this incoming Monday and hope that (1) I will be able to talk to someone who has access to my file; and (2) all the paper was filled out with DCL and (3) everything will go well.

Freaking 'Veree.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter