Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the pics from last summer when I tried on the dress...same exact size that is in my closet that needs to be taken in!!
I am holding the dress up with my arms because it wouldn't zip!
dh4k2b.jpg

2vrxrn9.jpg

I remembered seeing those on your PJ and can't tell you how wonderful you look!!!! I hope I can loose some of this 'stuff' before our cruise.

OK ladies, have another question! ;)

Will they allow you to place favors on the table at Palo?? Since there isnt' really a reception, what do you do with favors?? It seems kind of anti-climatic to just stick the favor in the Bear Neccissites bag.

Also, can they pre-book hair appts for the ceremony?

yes..your WC can pre-book..so can your onboard concierge person

Favors? I don't know..I hadn't thought of favors....great!! SOMETHING ELSE TO WORRY ABOUT!

what is the bear nessities bag??

What kinda favors??

I was thinking of getting some mints that have a cruise ship on them with our dates, but it kinda seemed silly and EXPENSIVE!!

The bear necissities bag is a welcome bag filled with teh "bear necissites" for your guests. Like travel size sun block, some small snacks, sewing kit, tissues, hand sanitizer, stuff like that. the more you put in, the more expensive it gets!! But you can make a cute little bag, iron you your wedding logo, and fill it with some cheap $$ store stuff for a cute little idea.

We are having Beach Towels Embroidered with this.........

1806794660_7250d637fa_o.jpg

They are going to cost about $7 a piece, but we figure that our guests are paying so much to come it's the least we could do.

That's too cute!! Of course, a little big to be put on the table, and rather late too! ;) Are you having the concierge team deliver them?

The Wedding is on our Castaway Cay Day so I am going to Roll them all and tie them with a bow and have a "Favor Table" then on the way out of Palo each person can grab one on thier way to change for the beach!

:confused: What time is your reservation for Palo? I always thougth it would be for dinner, after the ship has sailed, therefore, no real time on CC.

:confused: What time is your reservation for Palo? I always thougth it would be for dinner, after the ship has sailed, therefore, no real time on CC.

Lisa is having her 'reception's in Palo's (I think I read on her report). I know I get confused cause I am trying to follow so many I want to be a 'part' of all these beautiful weddings!

Our Palo reception is right after the wedding. It is just us in the whole place! It is for just cake and the toast and a few dances. No longer then an hour, hour and 30 minutes. Then we will HIT THE BEACH as a huge group of 30....LOL

We went to a wedding at Disney's Vero Beach last year and they did the little bags with sunscreen, mints etc..but our VR is at the END of a B2B..and not everyone in the dining group is coming to the VR (we have linked our dining, but a few people on our thread are new since the last cruise) and I didn't want to have everyone get something and leave the few out

I haven't been on much - trying to catch-up on everything on my meet board.

Some disappointing news on my VR..they have us scheduled for 5:30 VR..same time as our dinner..says they can't really change it...someone else has the 4:00 p.m. We are not doing Palo that night as we have a DD11 and she obviously can't go. I am trying not to stress about it but don't want to feel rushed for the VR.

Congrats everyone on the weight loss..I have loss 14 lbs and am trying to lose more before the cruise. I would have loved to fit back into my dress but I don't think that will be happening..I need to go find something new. We picked out our music and cake and flowers. I dislike roses but I guess that's my only real choice.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Some bad news on my VR..they have us scheduled for 5:30 VR..same time as our dinner..says they can't really change it...someone else has the 4:00 p.m. We are not doing Palo that night as we have a DD11 and she obviously can't go. I am trying not to stress about it but don't want to feel rushed for the VR.

Congrats everyone on the weight loss..I have loss 14 lbs and am trying to lose more before the cruise. I would have loved to fit back into my dress but I don't think that will be happening..I need to go find something new. We picked out our music and cake and flowers. I dislike roses but I guess that's my only real choice.

Talk to your planner (Cathy?) about your flowers. They can do anything, you just have to pay the differance!

Some disappointing news on my VR..they have us scheduled for 5:30 VR..same time as our dinner..says they can't really change it...someone else has the 4:00 p.m. We are not doing Palo that night as we have a DD11 and she obviously can't go. I am trying not to stress about it but don't want to feel rushed for the VR.

I am not having roses for my flowers. I picked the tropical looking ones and there were not an additional price. Sorry you didnt' get the time you wanted for your VR. I only know ours will be 4;30 or 5:30 so our planner will make our palo reservations accordingly. Is it possible for dd to go to the 'club' and you and hubby go to palo. Having not been on a cruise and not sure how all this works, not sure if that is a possiblity. Good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.

Wow I'm loving all your planning ideas and pics in this thread. I had no idea it would be as much as a $1000 more to do a VR on CC as opposed to the actual ship.

Can anyone tell me how far in advance can you book a VR on DCL?

They say 12 months out to book.....I called like a nut everyday for like a week and was able to book at 13.5 months out. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter