Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our cake was marble (although it just looked like the chocolate and vanilla were mixed) with white chocolate mousse filling and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!! SO yummy and I am a picky cake person!

Day_3856-1.jpg

It looks delicious. I love the Mickey and Minnie. Thanks for posting the picture. I wasn't sure how nice they would look.

I love all this cake info! The Mickey and Minnie cake topper is so cute! We considered paying the extra for the under the sea cake, but decided that since there are only 7 of us, it would be a waste of money. Lord knows, I can easily find somewhere else to spend it! We are thinking of getting the lemon buttercream but I didn't realize that we could choose 2 different fillings for the top and bottom. Hmmmm, something to consider...

With the mickey mouse head cake does anyone know if you can get them coloured black all around the cake as I want a black and white theme to the cake. Or if not whether I can get black and white ribbon put round both the bases of the cakes.

Congratulations on your up coming wedding!! The color choices sound very nice.

How do you already know the exact date and time? We are having our VR on the June 2 Eastern and I was told they won't confirm a day and time until 45 days prior to sailing. Which makes it hard to plan the cruise activities.

Hi Crbruce! Here is what I've done: since I wanted to have the wedding dinner at Remy, I told Shanda that I needed to know ahead of time (i.e. before the 120 days reservation window opened) on which day at sea my wedding would occur. Otherwise I could be making reservations that didn't make sense (same concern as you). She checked with Disney and told me when it would occur. That in turn allowed me to make my reservation for Remy. I don't know the exact time of our wedding ceremony, save for a "window" between 4:30pm-5:30pm (apparently late pm ceremony slots are given to those with a Late dining hour, which I had).

Hope this helps!! :thumbsup2

Okay. I think I have all decisions made about the flowers and cake for our June VR on the Fantasy. I'm having a lot of problems with the music.

Music means a lot to me, so I think that's why I'm having problems deciding with the small selection available.

What did other VR brides do for the music?
Cindy

We are having a marble cake with vanilla bean filling. We are doing all Disney songs for our ceremony, keeping with the Disney theme. I sent my packet into Shanda and she sent me an emailing confirming that she received it and sent all the info over to DCL.

Okay. I think I have all decisions made about the flowers and cake for our June VR on the Fantasy. I'm having a lot of problems with the music.

Music means a lot to me, so I think that's why I'm having problems deciding with the small selection available.

What did other VR brides do for the music?
Cindy

We were going to do "our song" on cd, but thought about it and decided to just stick with the Disney selection, that way all of the songs will be played on the piano. We have "here comes the bride" and "that's all i ask of you" and "unforgettable" as our non-Disney song choices. I recommend going online and listening to the songs you might pick on YouTube-type in "kiss the girl on piano" -and seeing if you like them. If not, you can always make a mixed CD and give it to them to play.

I have to say I am a bit annoyed with Disney cruise lines at this point. We are 66 days out from our wedding/cruise and just found out by chance that we could log on the website and book excursions and spa treatments. The reason this annoys me is because all of the couples spa treatments have already been booked. I feel like for the couple thousand dollars we have paid we have gotten nothing. On top of that because we have people coming on the cruise to see the wedding 26 to be exact I am apparently the group coordinator acting as a travel agent. This means that every single persons trip insurance showed up at my door and there welcome aboard letters. I finally called and had someone switch the set up so that the individuals would get the mail. I would holy recomend a travel agent for anyone planning a wedding like this in the future. I hope we have a lot more contact with Disney in the next 60 days, I will be calling Shanda tomorrow. You would think that when you have 26 people coming on board and when you have brought around 20k dollars in business to the ship they would handle a group a bit better. Oh one last thing the fact that the group reservations department does not have email functionality makes me want to scream. The only way for them to confirm a new reservation has been made is by fax. Seriously fax?

Rant over

Thanks for listening

I have to say I am a bit annoyed with Disney cruise lines at this point. We are 66 days out from our wedding/cruise and just found out by chance that we could log on the website and book excursions and spa treatments. The reason this annoys me is because all of the couples spa treatments have already been booked. I feel like for the couple thousand dollars we have paid we have gotten nothing. On top of that because we have people coming on the cruise to see the wedding 26 to be exact I am apparently the group coordinator acting as a travel agent. This means that every single persons trip insurance showed up at my door and there welcome aboard letters. I finally called and had someone switch the set up so that the individuals would get the mail. I would holy recomend a travel agent for anyone planning a wedding like this in the future. I hope we have a lot more contact with Disney in the next 60 days, I will be calling Shanda tomorrow. You would think that when you have 26 people coming on board and when you have brought around 20k dollars in business to the ship they would handle a group a bit better. Oh one last thing the fact that the group reservations department does not have email functionality makes me want to scream. The only way for them to confirm a new reservation has been made is by fax. Seriously fax?

Rant over

Thanks for listening
I'm sorry you are having such a bad time with this. I didn't know I could book early until I logged on the web site and noticed it. It says it in the paper work in very small print, but I think I just saw it last night. I'm about 98 days out.

As far as the spa Couple's Choice goes. I wanted to book one also and asked for the date of the VR so I could take advantage of my booking window and get what I wanted. A couple of days ago Shanda sent me an e-mail and said she had the date wrong. Great! Now all my reservations are screwed up. I needed to change brunch and the Couple's choice. The brunch was available later in the week, but Couple's choice was all booked! I was so upset.

I called DCL directly and told them what had happened and what I wanted to change in a calm, friendly manner, but the reservations lady was a little short with me and told me to change it on board. That upset me so much I started crying a little when I was talking to her (my DD14 heard me and thought I was being a little dramatic BTW) That changed her tone. She took my information, when I wanted to book the Couple's Choice and said the concierge could probably make it happen.

Well, they made my reservation for Couple's Choice for the day I wanted and I saw it the next morning on the web site. I guess they hold back some reservations and still had some they could book. I was very happy. Maybe they can do the same for you. It doesn't hurt to try.

I am planning on calling Shanda tomorrow and our Group Coordinator to see what can be done. I have just thought a couple times what are we getting for the money we have spent. I expected a bit more of a personal touch.

In your case I would have been very upset that is an error Disney made. they need to fix it without giving you a hard time.

I'm sorry you both are having a hard time. When I called to book my group the lady explained that everything had to be done through me and that annoyed me too. Sometimes you can get a person who will email the stuff, other times you can't. DF and I had to make a spreadsheet to get it all together. We also found out about the early booking online for the wedding couple, luckily I was so OCD that I noticed this last year around, oh, February! ;) It didn't help much to be honest. We did get a couple of things we wanted, but the couples massages went quick- like right after the 120 day bookings opened (bridal couple is concierge and can book at 120 days out and so can platinum members, silver members at 90, and first timers at 75). The majority of my guests are first timers with Disney and most of the cool stuff was gone before they even got to see what was available (my cruise meet DISboard group had the same problem).

wow..Because weddings are considered concierge, I was able to book all that at 105 (or so) but I also got an email 30 days out from Cathy (at the time, the coordinator) asking if I wanted any spa treatments. They can make it happen even if it shows nothing. My bridesmaids were in the Walt and Roy suite and their personal concierge could make A LOT of things happen just by asking.

Can I ask a question of all of you lovely DCL brides?

I'm getting married on the May 6th sailing of the Dream and was thinking of wearing a little something nice for embarkation day. After all, it is the day that I legally get married and while that ceremony is really just a necessity to us, I'd like to get married in something other than a swimsuit cover up :goodvibes

What did everybody else do? Where would I be able to find a short, cute, casual yet decent dress for under $100? Doesn't need to be in white, but might be kind of nice in white.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you, ladies! :)

I'm getting married on the May 6th sailing of the Dream and was thinking of wearing a little something nice for embarkation day. After all, it is the day that I legally get married and while that ceremony is really just a necessity to us, I'd like to get married in something other than a swimsuit cover up :goodvibes

What did everybody else do? Where would I be able to find a short, cute, casual yet decent dress for under $100? Doesn't need to be in white, but might be kind of nice in white.

DF will probably freak if he found out I told you this, but he found a gorgeous dress for me for Disney the first day of our honeymoon. Since our wedding day is on the same day as pirate night, we're doing a pirate theme for our legal ceremony- something fun to do and so it doesn't take away from our "real" ceremony. Anyway he found this dress that's made by the same company that made Magnum PI's shirts and he's so excited for us to wear our Magnum PI stuff! Here's the website: http://www.alohashirtshop.com/categories/298/paradise-found-ladies.php

I got the short white dress near the bottom-I think it's hurricane palms. It's really cute although I've had to take mine in a bit and it's pretty thin (i.e. you would need a slip or nude colored undergarments). It came really fast. Anyway, that's my dress for our honeymoon. I think it's cute!

I got mine at jc pennys. Check in with easter dresses you may be able to find something cute.

I will be getting married on the same sailing.

Also group weddi coordinator to the rescue she got us our couples massages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter