Disney credit card

Just another interesting update. A week after I cancelled my Disney card we decided on the Costco American Express card. Not only did we get approved for this card. But were given a credit limit of $17,500. That is well over the $5000 that Disney said I qualified for. I am quite certain they did not want to give me more since I pay it off every month and then reap the rewards. Oh well!

Kristine

I got a $1000 limit and while it was less than I had hoped for, I'm just glad to have gotten it. I think it looks bad to have numerous credit cards with outrageous limits, but that's just me. My only credit card is now the Chase Disney Visa and will be that way at least until our trip to DisneyWorld. THEN I might think of applying for something that would be more useful for my family.

Since I haven't seen it answered yet, the $750 Disney $ limit is how much you can get in a year, not the total. The points have to be used within 5 years tho.

for us, since we pay it off every month, it's worth it.

I came to this thread to learn more info about the Disney card, is it worth it, do the points add up, how easy is it to trasfer points and use etc. I did not come to this thread to learn how Connerlevismom has the ability to charge as much as she wants on any given day and pay it off at the end of the month and that $3000 or a measly $5000 is just not enough. Even if I was only given $1000 limit just as any other card if you use it and are a good customer they will raise you limit at a later date if you ask so what is the big deal. It seems to me she just wants us all to know that she is very well off and I say who cares, so are alot of people on this board and they don't feel the need to let everyone know.
This has been bothering me but I will shut up now.

manda40475 said:
Well I applied and it said I would get a letter within 30 days, so I'm guessing that I'm being rejected. :( Not sure why as our only debt is our house and dh's car. I figured we would get approved since we're homeowners. Oh well. :(

Keep hoping. That is the info I got also (that I would be notified by mail within 30 days) and yesterday in the mail I got my cards! YIPPEE. It took maybe 2 weeks from application to card arrival. Now I just have to manage my spending so that I can accumulate points!

I use it all the time and also book the vacation and pay it off in full but still get the reward points. Last year I had about $150 in points and that paid for my dinner at LeCeller and 3 refillable mugs at Pop Century, plus a little extra for some goodies at the food court.

Just curious if anyone had the original disney credit card (it was purple) before the red one came out? Anyways, when I first signed up for the chase card (when it was bank of america or bank one) my credit limit was 4,000. About a year ago (before I bought a house) I asked them on the phone to raise my credit limit and they did to 10,000 which is going to come in handy when I have to pay off my honeymoon!!! So my suggestion, if you want them to raise your credit limit, just call and ask!

I have the original Disney card, but it was entirely separate from the original Disney Visa. It's since been done away with.

mom_of_5 said:
I came to this thread to learn more info about the Disney card, is it worth it, do the points add up, how easy is it to trasfer points and use etc. I did not come to this thread to learn how Connerlevismom has the ability to charge as much as she wants on any given day and pay it off at the end of the month and that $3000 or a measly $5000 is just not enough. Even if I was only given $1000 limit just as any other card if you use it and are a good customer they will raise you limit at a later date if you ask so what is the big deal. It seems to me she just wants us all to know that she is very well off and I say who cares, so are alot of people on this board and they don't feel the need to let everyone know.
This has been bothering me but I will shut up now.

Yes, that was exactly my intention when I posted. I never once said was well off, nor would I even if I was. This has nothing to do with how much money I make and everything to do with credit card companies being stingy with their credit limits for no apparent reason. And yes, I do pay my CC off every month. Know why? Because I never buy anything that I cannot afford to pay for. Sounds to me like you have a little bit of jealousy going on and that is your problem not mine. If you knew me in person you would be shocked to know that I am exactly the opposite of what you are describing me as. So assume what you want about me but don't bash me because I MAY make more money than you.

Kristine

I have my card and love it. We went to WDW at Christmas so that my daughter could have a happy holiday thanks to my sister-in-law ( We lost our home in Katrina. Live in Mississippi ). Loved that we got our own private meeting with Mickey and had lots of pictures made. We had a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter