Disney credit card

pelirroj

Earning My Ears
I got an offer for a Disney credit card through my bank (Chase). Are these a good idea? Has anyone gottent these cards, and if so, what kind of deals did you get with your "frequent buyer" program? Is it worth it? If we're saving up for theme park tix for next October, would we get enough for them? Can you even get WDW tix through this offer?

Thanks!

I have the disney visa. I like it b/c I can use the reward points. I usually use them on the cruise for our stateroom charges like our excursions. Last time I had over $400 in reward $... I am pretty sure you can use them to buy tickets but it would take a lot to get that much on there that quick. If you had your mortgage or car payments on it and paid them off asap of coarse... it would add up quick but depends how many tickets you need to buy etc. You do get extras for having the card. Also get 10% off at World of Disney at DTD etc. several little perks. I would go to their website and check it out!

Use my card all the time. Love the credits.

I love mine too! I've only had it a couple of months but already have about $100.00 to buy a few extra snacks and souvineers with at Disney in August. (Ofcourse, I got $50.00 just for signing on...) Next time, when I will have a year to build up credits (I put EVERYTHING on it right now, excpet mortage and plan to change that over next week!) I hope to pay for all of our tickets with it - woo hoo!!! THAT will feel so good!! As the OP mentioned they have a good website to check out.

Good luck!

I love my Disney Visa - I have the one with the castle on it. But, since you're looking at Chase, I also have the Chase Rewards Mastercard which gives me 5% on groceries, gas and drug stores (cash back). I use that one for all those and the Disney Visa for everything else.

I should look into that Nowellsl - 5% buys alot more icecream than 1%!!!
Thanks for the info.

I use my card for everything even if I have the cash (pay it when I get home). I have just over 700 saved to use for our trip in Aug 2008. :goodvibes

I love mine, too! The points rack up suprisingly fast, and yes, you can use them for admissions - we bought our water park passes that way.

Also, there was a special offer for a character photo at Epcot when we went. - It turned out to be a private audience with Minnie, Donald and Goofy!! We got several adorable pictures, with perfect backgrounds - no one walking by, etc.

You also get a percent discount at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, and I have received discount coupons for the behind-the-scenes tours as well.

I love having a Disney Visa. You can rack up points quickly if you charge everything you'd usually pay for with cash. Just make sure you pay off every month, because it's not a low interest card. I have over 200 points after just six months.

Also, if you have an AP, you can get a free 1 day park-hopper as the free gift for signing up. Otherwise the sign-up gift ranges from $25-$50 depending on which offer you use.

Plus you can choose from six different card designs!

We are thinking about getting this as well but are not sure that it would be worth it. How many points per dollar do you earn? And how many points are tickets and food? We have a CC that gives us 1 point per dollar and there are LOTS of different things you can choose to get with them.

Kristine

How do you find out when/where the Epcot meet and greet for the Disney Visa is? Is it every day, or just certain days of the week? My parents have a DV and wanted to take the kids in with them when we go to Epcot, but I can't find the details about it. Thanks in advance!!

Tina Rod.

We are thinking about getting this as well but are not sure that it would be worth it. How many points per dollar do you earn?

For every $100 you charge on the card you get $1 in disney Reward Dollars. Yes, I said one. And I do have this card, but I don't use it as much as most people. I am trying to tone down my debt and #of credit cards.

I have this card and use it all the time. Then I come straight home and pay it off. When we go to WDW in Sept. I will just give my rewards card to DD princess: and she will use it for spending money. Then we will start all over again for next year.

raggedymommyof2 said:
How do you find out when/where the Epcot meet and greet for the Disney Visa is? Is it every day, or just certain days of the week? My parents have a DV and wanted to take the kids in with them when we go to Epcot, but I can't find the details about it. Thanks in advance!!

Tina Rod.

I will try to find the printout I made of the info and send more to you - but the basics are: daily 1:30-4:30 pm - the where is the "iffyist" part.... Innovatiosn West, I think. Present your DV card. Thats about it. I'll look for that printout (from the Chase/Disney website...)

We use our card all the time. Like the OPs said, I try to put everything I can on to the card and pay it off at the end of the month. The points do add up quickly. When my DH has to charge something for work and get paid back for, I even have him trained to use the Disney charge. I wish he had to charge more for work. More money for Disney.

It's not like some other cards where there's a catelog of things to buy with "points." For every $100 you charge on the card, you get $1 in Disney Rewards. Disney Rewards are transferred to a gift card that can be used inside the Disney parks and certain other Disney locations just like a credit card.

There are also special offers and discounts for Disney Visa holders. These change over time. Currently, there is the exclusive meet & greet area in Epcot that is only available to Disney Visa holders (mentioned by other posters). The meet & greet gives you exclusive access (just you in the room with them) to three characters. There is a Disney photographer in the room who will put pictures onto your PhotoPass card or take pictures with your camera. They give you a coupon that allows you to get one of the PhotoPass pictures printed for free. There's no cost, just show your Disney Visa card.

Other perks include discounts on purchases. Although it's no longer listed as an official perk, some folks report that they're still getting the 10% discount on purchases at World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

Thank you so much for the info on the Epcot Meet and Greet!! That's so cool you get a "private" meeting!! My parents said they would take the kids to that, so I know that will be special!! Thanks again!!

Tina Rod.

I love my card. I got at first because they took the discounts away from Disney and Disneystores (the free card you could get from credit unions and the like) a bunch of years ago. The points started adding up. Then I booked my WDW vacation 9 months ahead of time. I put the minimum down to hold the vacation (which was interest free on the DisneyCard for 6 months), then started charging everything from groceries to gas with my Visa. I didn't use anything else (except cash of course) if I could help and paid it off weekly so I wouldn't see a bunch of money in my checking acocunt and think it was available. I was able to put 800 disney dollars toward my vacation. That's 800 "dollars" of free money. (Of course that means I charged a lot!) I just booked a cruise for October of 2007. Again, charged the down payment (no interest) and started using my visa again for everything. I already have 150 dollars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter