Disney Club discounts????

Jon99

DIS Veteran
I read the brochure and they really never say what the discounts are.... Is it worth the $40 for one trip at Easter which we are staying at the WL for 7 nights??? Is their discounts on merchandise at WDW???? What else???

You get a discount of approx. 5% on your passes, a discount of approx. 10% on purchases (there are exceptions and conditions), you might be lucky and score a discounted room.
Is it worth the 39.99 (?) for the first year (renewals are 10.00 less), for me, yes.
There are quite a few discounts included, the list is long and I hate to type. ;)
The discount is not applicable in the parks.

Check out the 2002 Entertainment book...there is a coupon for Disney Club discount. By the way...my card has paid for it's self 100 times over.

Also, on mousesavers.com there is a link to get the card initially for $10 less. Maybe, that will make your decision easier. We have saved at least $100-150 with the card if you include the National Car Rental discounts.

First thing I did when I got my number was call about the resort, saved me about $300....

That's what I was going to say! Especially now the discounts are good at the hotels. FYI I'm not sure the card is good at the hotel stores...I think its only good in downtown disney, at the swan/dolphin and the grosvenor and other non disney restaurants. Pretty much if you are going to make the card pay for itself while in Disney you have to work hard to do it.

I've saved $10 pp on annual DL passes, and just recently was able to use the current ESPN Zone promotion ($40 for $20 video game card) here in Las Vegas. I tried to use it for the Paradise Pier hotel in Anaheim back in August, but was able to get a better rate on the internet than the DC rate ($120/night vs. $219/night). In the parks, anyone with an American Express cc can get a 10% discount on purchases over $50 at certain stores (Gallery, etc) and annual passholders get their 10% discount (same $50 condition). So far I'm only $11 ahead.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter