Disney Christmas ornaments????

Honeymooner04 said:
Awesome tree! We're getting there...we keep buying them everytime we go. Does anyone know if they sell even more ornaments during the Christmas season? We'll be there in Dec. and I was curious! Thanks!

They do sell Seven Dwarf ornaments that come with Snow White all year round as far as I know...I see them in the Christmas Tree store in Liberty Square all the time (thats where I always buy my ornaments...and the one in Downtown Disney too)

Any more Disney ornament collectors????? :sunny:

We collect them. We just bought a second tree to put up this year as we have finally gotten too many disney ornaments to put on just 1 tree.

I have an all Disney Tree and love getting the Disney Ornaments when I go to Disney World! I also have a lot that I have bought at the Disney Store. And I have a Tinkerbell Tree Topper( that I got from the Disney Store Catlog). I know I will go nuts when we go this Dec., I am sure they will have even more different ornaments out then and can't forget about the MVMCP ornament~ that you can only get at the party!

We leave on Saturday for WDW. I know I say right now that I am only going to buy 1 or 2 ornaments but......I'm sure I will come home with more than that. After all I still have plenty of room on my Disney tree. :rotfl2:

Awesome tree! We're getting there...we keep buying them everytime we go. Does anyone know if they sell even more ornaments during the Christmas season? We'll be there in Dec. and I was curious! Thanks!

Disney's Days of Christmas in DTD is open all year round. So is Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in MK. I know there is a Christmas shop in EPCOT and the Studios, but I just can't think of their names at the moment. the closer to the holiday, the more product comes in. Just remember, if you want to get an ornament personalized, go at the beginning of your trip! There are only so many artists working on the personalization and you probably will not be able to get it done the same day. Especially if you go the week or two before the holiday....

Hixski said:
I just got around to finding this picture. It is my disney tree. It is in our master bedroom and is a 6ft tree.
105_0593.jpg
This photo is amazing! Thanks for sharing. I definitely think it is beautiful. :thumbsup2 It looks like "every" ornament on there is Disney, is this right? I would love to do something like this. I will try to do it this year, but am not sure I have as many "Disney" ones as you do. I will need to buy more (LOL). My DH will love this excuse (Need them for our Disney-only tree!). I will print this page, and show him your tree as a justification. :banana: :confused3 I am really amazed. Are there more people who have enough Disney ornaments to cover a 6 foot tree like Hixski? Any more photos to share?

P.S. Dear Doombuggy,
About the personalizing of an ornament? Where and how can we have this done? I have never seen anyone doing this, but have read of people having it done. Is it only during Christmas? Is there a set location where this is actually done? Does it cost a lot extra to have an ornament personalized? Can "any" ornament be personalized? Do you have to buy it there, or can I bring one from home which was purchased on a previous trip? Sorry for all the questions, I'm fairly new at all of this stuff. Thanks for your help. :yay:
One more thing---what is DTD? :confused3

Dsnyfam said:
This photo is amazing! Thanks for sharing. I definitely think it is beautiful. :thumbsup2 It looks like "every" ornament on there is Disney, is this right? I would love to do something like this. I will try to do it this year, but am not sure I have as many "Disney" ones as you do. I will need to buy more (LOL). My DH will love this excuse (Need them for our Disney-only tree!). I will print this page, and show him your tree as a justification. :banana: :confused3 I am really amazed. Are there more people who have enough Disney ornaments to cover a 6 foot tree like Hixski? Any more photos to share?

P.S. Dear Doombuggy,
About the personalizing of an ornament? Where and how can we have this done? I have never seen anyone doing this, but have read of people having it done. Is it only during Christmas? Is there a set location where this is actually done? Does it cost a lot extra to have an ornament personalized? Can "any" ornament be personalized? Do you have to buy it there, or can I bring one from home which was purchased on a previous trip? Sorry for all the questions, I'm fairly new at all of this stuff. Thanks for your help. :yay:
One more thing---what is DTD? :confused3

My Disney tree is only Disney ornaments. I have been collecting them for 25 years. We just got back yesterday fron WDW and VB. Had an awesome time at both places. I bought 6 more Disney ornaments. I did see them doing the personalizations at all the places that sold Disney ornaments. Most I saw were being done on the glass balls or something that could be written on.

DTD is Downtown Disney. They have a huge Christmas store there. All the Disney ornaments you could want.

I collect Christmas ornaments - whenever I travel that is my souvenir. DH laughs cause they get less use than t-shirts or keyrings or coffee mugs etc. But I say they last longer and are great memories.

I put the decorations out in rotation:
ornaments DH made as a child and his family ornaments
ornaments from travelling
miscellaneous
and last year I noticed that I now enough to do Disney!

We just got back from Disneyland and I bought:
a 50th anniversary ornament
a stitch ornament
and a fat santa clause with mickey heads on his shirt, and mickey ears on his head!

I also put our GOH badges on the tree now.

Last year we were given a Disney tree skirt, and next year when we go to WDW I would like to buy a tink tree topper!

DH thinks I am insane!

I have been collecting Pooh for more than 30 years. Slowly but surely the ornament collection has grown. More so in the last several years. I have well over 100 Pooh ornaments to completely cover a 6 foot tree. I also have 2 different pooh tree toppers, and a pooh tree skirt. So my tree is covered in "POOH"!!

I also by a special ornament yearly since our first christmas. So those are placed on the tree as well. And hubby loves Steamboat Willie, so we have a few of those. But primarily it's Pooh. Oh, I even have Pooh garland. And I only put yellow and red lights on the tree. Pooh colors of course.

I know I have pictures. If I can put my hands on them soon, I will post some.

Blessings,
Winnie

Hixski, I am so glad you said you had 5 Christmas trees. I have had weird looks from people for years after saying we put up (only! :santa: ) four trees!

28 more days til our trip & I intend to stock up on new ornaments then! :stitch:

Bumping.....Anymore of you Disney ornament collectors out there???? Show pictures of your tree if you have them. :santa:

(I like to keep my threads going) :rotfl2:

My wife and I collect Disney Christmas Ornaments. We have been married 4.5 years and have gone to Disneyland or Disneyworld 4 times and have bought ornaments every time. After the second trip we started going crazy. My wife really likes the non-glass ones (preferably resin) and we have spent at least $200 in ornaments each trip. We spent $400 at the Christmas store at Downtown Disney this past september

We could put up a few trees, but we don't have space. I have promised my wife a new tree when we finally get a bigger place. I know I have a picture somewhere, but I don't know where we have the digital pictures

I have a huge 56" wreath that I cover with my Mickey ornaments that I have been collecting over the years. I has only Mickey on it.
I also have almost all of the Grolier ornaments. they came about once a month, for about $9.99 each I think. They about covered all the main movie characters in that group. I put those on some gold metal filigree ornament trees I bought a few years ago at Tuesday's. Each "tree" holds around 40 ornaments.
I also have some Disney ornaments from Hallmark, Enesco etc that go on my family tree each year.
My main Christmas collection is Santa though. I have over 1,000 different type of Santa ornaments. I haven't put them up in a few years since I was sick and didn't have the energy to decorate. I am hoping I can get to them this year.
Peggie

We have been collecting for many years too. The best thing girft I received 2 yrs ago from a dear friend was a Christmas Tree stand that rotates. I got to see every ornament that gets pushed in the back.

I would stare at the tree for hours remembering where each one was purchsed and why. I just need to find another rotating stand for the one upstairs.

I am so excited!! I was going through my Disney ornaments and have enough for my large tree and a small tree. So this year I am going to have 2 Disney trees. My 7ft and a 2ft. :woohoo: I will take a new picture and post it once I get them up. Should be soon. I have to start next week to get all my trees up by Thanksgiving.

I have enough to fill a large 6' tree and it revolves too, complete with Disney tree skirt and Tinkerbell topper. I love the Mr. Christmas Disney themed items also.

IF anyone collects Hallmark Disney ornaments . . . run don't walk to your nearest Hallmark to find the "Always a Princess" tiara ornament with Swavorki crystals . . . most stores are SOLD OUT. I think most store just received a second shipment of the set of 2 Cars ornaments and I think the Pirates of the Caribbean is selling fast too~! I just got mine yesterday along with a Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" in the pink bunny suit to go with my Leg Lamp from Carlton last year (not to be displayed on my Disney tree of course). LOL

mt2 said:
We have been collecting for many years too. The best thing girft I received 2 yrs ago from a dear friend was a Christmas Tree stand that rotates. I got to see every ornament that gets pushed in the back.

I would stare at the tree for hours remembering where each one was purchsed and why. I just need to find another rotating stand for the one upstairs.

OH...I've been wanting one of these!!! Can someone please let us know where to find one?

Hi everyone...I havent been on this thread in a while so I dont know if this has been covered so I thought I'd mention it. I just went to Disney last month with my sister. On the 3rd day there, my boyfreind flew down and surprised me with a proposal ontop of the Contemporary. Ofcourse I wanted to commemorate the occassion and since I collect Disney ornamnets, what better way? So, I went to the Christmas Store in DTD and they have an engraver/artist to personalize any workable ornament they have there. So I picked out a large Mickey Ear ornament that had hearts all over it and had "Engaged 10/6/06" painted on to it. It takes 3 days to do though, so give yourself enough time. I didnt so I had to have it sent to my house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter