Disney cast housing

Sparker1

Earning My Ears
I just recently got a job interview offer at the Lake Buena Vista casting office. I live in NC and I am a college student. If I am not able to afford a plane ticket or ride to FL, is there any other way I can interview?

Also, If i get this job where will I be able to live since iam not part of the disney college program.. These are just some questions that I have and could not find the answers to! :)

Thank you!! :)

Will this be an internship of just a "regular job" since you said that you would not be on College Program (CP). If internship program, I "think" they have provisions for housing but I'm not real sure. If a "regular job", there are a lot of apartments nearby depending on where you worksite would be.

There are apartments behind the Magic Kingdom area, east of the park area on 535 and across I4 from the parks, but rents in Orlando area are pretty high so you might need a roommate. Depending on where you would be working, you might be able to post on either the bulletin boards or Facebook pages (just about every business unit CM's now have Facebook pages - closed groups though).

Don't know of any other method of interview that you could do, just the face to face at Casting unless you are on one of the other programs and then I think they have phone interviews.

There are apartments on Disney property know by the cast members as "The Disney Ghetto" because you go from the glamor of the Disney Park's to behind the fence and there are the dingy apts. I read a very good book called Cast Member Confidential written by Chris Mitchell, check it out, he took on a job a Disney photopher at AK and he lived in those apts, it's crazy there with parties almost every night. It's a good read.

No apartments for CM housing "on Disney property". They do have apartment complexes on the other side of I4 (not Disney property per se) that are used for College Program participants.

I read parts of the book. Not really a true representation of life as a CM. Very personally embellished to sell books. True CM days are a bit different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter