disney at christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
And possibly the Disney photo I am most proud of...
disney1.jpg

Disney lights are mesmerizing to me,
Dreams

STUNNING! I just love it!

Oooh I love Disneyland at Christmas time! My favorite. We are going (hopefully) for Christmas this year. My mom lives down in SoCal, so this time we might stay with her and spend three days in the parks. Maybe one night we might stay across the street. Here are a few pictures from our last trip down.

Oh it makes me want to go now next week, the week after, and after hahaha
Disneyland2007295.jpg

Disneyland2007140.jpg

Disneyland2007239.jpg

Disneyland2007233.jpg

Disneyland2007022.jpg

Disneyland2007024.jpg

Disneyland2007313.jpg

bump for xmas goodies!!!

I'm blaming everything on you...:rotfl:

See, I had been avoiding this thread. It kept popping up, and I kept dismissing it. My thoughts were that I am not going during Christmas time, so why tempt myself by looking? Don don don....I LOOKED!!!

December is a very special time of the year for me, it houses my birthday, my youngest's birthday (Christmas eve...poor thing), my DMiL's birthday, my grandmother's birthday, AND Christmas which I don't celebrate for spiritual reasons but because I like the colors. :lmao:

Anyway, I am literally bawling over here. I can feel the magic, through words and pictures, and I know that I would LOVE it.

So now, I have to explain to my husband how we'll be making TWO trips next year. The second will be his birthday present to me AND DD, AND our Christmas presents to the kids if I have to...

It's all your fault, 3Minnies1Mickey. It's all your fault...;)

I'm blaming everything on you...:rotfl:

See, I had been avoiding this thread. It kept popping up, and I kept dismissing it. My thoughts were that I am not going during Christmas time, so why tempt myself by looking? Don don don....I LOOKED!!!

December is a very special time of the year for me, it houses my birthday, my youngest's birthday (Christmas eve...poor thing), my DMiL's birthday, my grandmother's birthday, AND Christmas which I don't celebrate for spiritual reasons but because I like the colors. :lmao:

Anyway, I am literally bawling over here. I can feel the magic, through words and pictures, and I know that I would LOVE it.

So now, I have to explain to my husband how we'll be making TWO trips next year. The second will be his birthday present to me AND DD, AND our Christmas presents to the kids if I have to...

It's all your fault, 3Minnies1Mickey. It's all your fault...;)

I will take the blame (even though someone else was looking for it)!!! This thread FORCED me to book a xmas trip this year (kids xmas present). Thank goodness we got APs in Sept. We will have 3 trips in 3 1/2 months and most likely 6 trips in 6 months!!! EEEK DL snowball is mowing me over!!! :rotfl2:

This thread has me even more excited for our first December trip!! I did not think that was possible! Anyone try the candy canes they make there in December? I remember hearing about them on here last year and hoping to get one.

I'm loving this thread! Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going and posting so many wonderful thoughts, memories and pictures. DH and I are going again for our 3rd Annual Christmas at Disneyland! We always go around December 10th and this year we'll be in the park the 10th to the 14th. Soooo excited!!! :banana:

Here's a few pics of my own:
P1040408.jpg

P1040401.jpg

P1040459.jpg

After spending several Holiday Seasons at WDW, I decided to give DLR a try this year. This thread has me sooo excited :woohoo: I'm spending Christmas '09 at Disneyland!! I've never visited DLR, let alone seen it during the holidays and I can't wait!!!

I love seeing all the pics! It's helping to build my excitment! :santa:

I'm noticing sweatshirts, coats, and blue jeans in the pics. Christmas time at WDW is shorts weather. I'm guessing Anaheim isn't that warm in December?

After spending several Holiday Seasons at WDW, I decided to give DLR a try this year. This thread has me sooo excited :woohoo: I'm spending Christmas '09 at Disneyland!! I've never visited DLR, let alone seen it during the holidays and I can't wait!!!

I'm noticing sweatshirts, coats, and blue jeans in the pics. Christmas time at WDW is shorts weather. I'm guessing Anaheim isn't that warm in December?

It can be completely different from one year to the next. I have pictures of the kids swimming in the pool, and one year only daughter and I went to the park on Christmas day because hubby and the other kids wanted to stay by the pool.... we were not there for Christmas day last year but right after and it was cold! we only brought jackets and my warmest piece of clothing was a hooded red fleece top, I had to layer a t-shirt and other top under it, and wear gloves I bought and ..... :lmao: socks with my sandals shhhh don't tell anyone!! lol.... that was only for a couple of the days though, most days were nice and warm, bare arms weather if not shorts.... but it does cool off quite a bit at night. People who actually live there will chime in here I hope with more detailed information.

Yes, it can be chilly in December and the temps can drop fast once it gets dark. One thing to keep in mind is that the park is open for hours after it's dark so there will be a good period of park time when you'll want a coat or jacket.

We plan for all weather and bring layerable clothing. I come with everything from short sleeves to a ski jacket w/ cap and scarf.

Yes, it can be chilly in December and the temps can drop fast once it gets dark. One thing to keep in mind is that the park is open for hours after it's dark so there will be a good period of park time when you'll want a coat or jacket.

We plan for all weather and bring layerable clothing. I come with everything from short sleeves to a ski jacket w/ cap and scarf.

I agree, definitely plan on bringing layers. You never know what you'll get in the way of weather in December in So Cal. You might have beautiful 70 degree days (though it will still get quite chilly once the sun goes down, as Kittyskyfish wrote) or you might get cold, windy, and rainy. I'm game for whatever the weather brings as long as I'm in Disneyland! I'll probably start finalizing our clothes packing lists once we are within the 10 day forecast zone.

Here's a link to a thread about the weather in Anaheim: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

Please could someone tell me if Disneyland has a Christmas Party on selected dates (like they have at Magic Kingdom, where you pay a fee for a wristband and stay there after the park is closed to the public, with additional shows/parades etc)? If so, is it available to anyone or just Disney hotel guests?

I've searched and can't find any mention of it anywhere. :confused3

They have a Christmas parade, Christmas fireworks followed by falling "snow", a holiday overlay for Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World, along with decorations throughout both parks. They are included for everyone with the price of admission to the parks (unlike WDW where you have to pay extra).

my entertainment for the evening is going to be uploading my video of last years christmas fireworks and snow on main street to youtube...I"ll post a link when I get it done. It was the best viewing we had ever had, we were in a perfect position, and it was so completely un-crowded. a really magical moment....

We went on the Holiday Tour once, and really enjoyed it. Not only did we get front of the line entrance to HMH and IASW, but we got a lot of fun factoids AND hot chocolate and a Rice Crispy Treat, with front row seating for the holiday parade. :goodvibes

I am bumping again, because, while I was not the OP, I was the original bumper and enabler/instigator of DLR holiday trips inspired by this thread! Since Halloween will be but a mere memory in a few days, we will need this thread to help maintain our DLR holiday excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter