**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I was able to get Small world as a 4th

We are at Pirates now , 945, but they said it’s not starting until 1015. I can’t decide whether or not to wait
Honestly, I would not wait. Move on to some rides you can knock out quickly. Circle back to Pirates if you want. It will be shorter later

Walked out of pirates just now as Villains was starting and they announced 45 min wait for the overlay - wow! We are not attending and just headed out of the MK... They let day guest stay at the end of Main Street so they could still see the show at the castle and the lighting on Main Street. Kind of sealed our decision not to buy tickets for the last event. It was very crowded for $150 each...

It’s going great tonight. By 11 we rode pirates and haunted mansion. Two snacks. Scar hades oogie boogie and castles photos. Kids are on space now. Posted at 5 minutes but they’ve been gone about 15 now

It’s going great tonight. By 11 we rode pirates and haunted mansion. Two snacks. Scar hades oogie boogie and castles photos. Kids are on space now. Posted at 5 minutes but they’ve been gone about 15 now
Thanks for sharing! Were there a lot of villains guests waiting at 9:45 for Pirates?

Thanks for sharing! Were there a lot of villains guests waiting at 9:45 for Pirates?

The entire outer queue was filled. A crazy number waiting. We got in line just in time. We were in the first row of the outer queue. Maybe the fourth boat. They waited until 1015 to start. It was neat but not worth a giant wait

The castle is really cool

Space took 20 minutes. In line at 11:05

We stopped for photo outside space, bowler hat photo wall near buzz, buzz twice, snacks again, maleficent magic shot, big thunder twice. Could have done another ride or two but headed to castle for show.

Show was neat. Dragon was okay. It spat fire only once in the hub By the time we got to front villains went inside.

The transportation is a hot mess. The trams stop at 2, but there are hundreds of people waiting for a ferry that will not get them there by 2am. I loathe magic kingdom transportation. I start and end magic Kingdom days in a bad mood and left with a bad impression

Space took 20 minutes. In line at 11:05

We stopped for photo outside space, bowler hat photo wall near buzz, buzz twice, snacks again, maleficent magic shot, big thunder twice. Could have done another ride or two but headed to castle for show.
Wow! That sounds like a good time...
If I'm not mistaken, you did 7 rides, all 4 Magic Shots, castle pictures, Bowler Hat Guy picture, multiple snacks, Maleficent AND the stage show!!! :maleficenpirate::hmghost:

I hope you had fun, and thank you for sharing your experience along the way!

SOrry. Not a photo with the bowler hat guy. Just a wall, like a billboard near buzz

It took a full hour, no exaggeration, to get to my car in the parking lot — really leaving me with bad feelings about WDW altogether

SOrry. Not a photo with the bowler hat guy. Just a wall, like a billboard near buzz

It took a full hour, no exaggeration, to get to my car in the parking lot — really leaving me with bad feelings about WDW altogether
No worries... I knew it was just a backdrop, but you accomplished a lot of stuff in one night. Good for you!

I'm sorry about the parking lot debacle. I hope the party was good for you!

Show was neat. Dragon was okay. It spat fire only once in the hub By the time we got to front villains went inside.

The transportation is a hot mess. The trams stop at 2, but there are hundreds of people waiting for a ferry that will not get them there by 2am. I loathe magic kingdom transportation. I start and end magic Kingdom days in a bad mood and left with a bad impression

This just cemented the decision I made to walk over to CR and catch a Lyft at the end of the night.

Went to Villains last night-Disney vets, probably about 15 trips in the last 12 years. First AH event and we were impressed, was worried because of these reviews but we got a lot in.

Got in a little after 6:30-had 3 FP to Meet Mickey, Space, 7DMT with Little Mermaid, Speedway, Buzz and People Mover mixed in as walk ons in between (5-10 min wait for each). One extra FP to Dumbo.

From 10pm on-got snacks, Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, snacks again, Peter Pan, Speedway, Space, Buzz. We walked by a show but didn’t stay to watch. Walkways never felt crowded, it was very easy to get from one side of the park to the other. Longest waits were for Pirates and Space but everything else was pretty much a walk on or under 10 minutes.

We walked out a little after 1:00 and our bus was waiting, I know we got lucky. Back to resort around 1:30, on way to EMH now.

I would do an AH again based on this-fun and different vibe-and I think every day at Disney is partially what you make of it! Go out and enjoy!

Random question, but one of our friends asked us to pick him up an After Hours pin. We're going to a regular AH and I wasn't aware of any exclusive pins just for the regular after hours (only exclusive merch for VAH). Anyone know of exclusive pins for regular AH?

Random question, but one of our friends asked us to pick him up an After Hours pin. We're going to a regular AH and I wasn't aware of any exclusive pins just for the regular after hours (only exclusive merch for VAH). Anyone know of exclusive pins for regular AH?
There isn’t any merch for the regular after hours event.

Glad to hear things improved for your night. Sounds like the crowds last night mirrored the night we went.
Transportation out was the one low point ours too. Though we were taking a bus, not driving. MK is the worse place to drive to, no question.

Glad to hear some positive reviews about the crowds last night. We are still excited about Aug 8th. It will be our first After hours so hopefully we will enjoy it. I didn't know if anyone saw that the party on Aug 8th will get early previews for some of the merchandise for haunted mansions 50th anniversary that will be on Aug 9th! I am looking forward to getting something! I love Haunted Mansion!

Glad to hear some positive reviews about the crowds last night. We are still excited about Aug 8th. It will be our first After hours so hopefully we will enjoy it. I didn't know if anyone saw that the party on Aug 8th will get early previews for some of the merchandise for haunted mansions 50th anniversary that will be on Aug 9th! I am looking forward to getting something! I love Haunted Mansion!

Ahhhhh so exciting!!! Now I know what to bring home for my other half! (It’s her favorite ride ever).

Fiance and I did DAH at Magic Kingdom, we never did the VAH, but I honestly think we wouldn't after some of the reviews. First, DAH and VAH are obviously very different crowd wise and second we don't really stick around to watch shows. We just like to walk around and ride rides! DAH @ MK was great! The longest we waited was 10 minutes for astro orbiter and that was because the CM kept letting the right line go 3x in a row and kept forgetting about the left side. Other than that, we walked onto every ride. The park was empty and we got so many pictures in front of the castle with no one in sight. The other long lines were for the free snacks and drinks, but we ate beforehand and didn't need to wait for any of that. We are going again in September and can't wait! My suggestion is, if you are looking to ride as many rides possible with little to no wait, do DAH not VAH. Also, when the event starts, don't start with the bigger rides (7DMT, SM, BTMR) because the people who aren't apart of the event can get into line 1 minute before park closing. I would suggest doing the bigger rides about an hour, an hour and half into the event when the lines have gone down and the people without the event ticket are leaving the park :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter