DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

Myself and DW are in, Mom is a good bet. DS1, DDiL, DGD, and DS2 are interested, but for DS1, DDiL there needs to a hotel near by.

Myself and DW are in, Mom is a good bet. DS1, DDiL, DGD, and DS2 are interested, but for DS1, DDiL there needs to a hotel near by.

There are plenty of hotels in the area, I believe there is a Wyndham just down the road. They also have cabins at the campground.

Hope you have your campgrounds booked. Every camping forum I am in, everyone who has just purchased a RV wants to go to those same places. Now if you are up to boondocking, you have a better chance. Best of luck, sounds like a nice trip for sure.

Randy has generator, I'm going to purchase rear storage rack that goes into receive hitch and build me an aluminum lock cage to put a 3800 watt quiet run generator in for that reason. We're looking at staying in Grand Teton and West Yellowstone. In their case, the campground in Grand Teton doesn't open up for 2022 booking until November 5th, West Yellowstone opens bookings October 1st. He and I are getting together again later this month to finalize our travel plans so we know when we will be where so we can book. In between we will like boondock most of the nights.

We are looking at Rawlings, WY (a patient of mine in the clinic, his oldest son is the manager at the KOA there so I already got inside track on that one), maybe camp at Devil's Tower, as we intend to do it, Mount Rushmore, and Badlands NP. We'll travel through @Teamubr backyard on the way there.

@tigger92662 if the dates are still after 6/17 I think we are in. We were looking at a late June Disney trip (DVC points) but I think we are going to shoot for after July 4th so we can take advantage of the AP to carry us through a known RV trip in 2023 to FW.

Randy has generator, I'm going to purchase rear storage rack that goes into receive hitch and build me an aluminum lock cage to put a 3800 watt quiet run generator in for that reason. We're looking at staying in Grand Teton and West Yellowstone. In their case, the campground in Grand Teton doesn't open up for 2022 booking until November 5th, West Yellowstone opens bookings October 1st. He and I are getting together again later this month to finalize our travel plans so we know when we will be where so we can book. In between we will like boondock most of the nights.

We are looking at Rawlings, WY (a patient of mine in the clinic, his oldest son is the manager at the KOA there so I already got inside track on that one), maybe camp at Devil's Tower, as we intend to do it, Mount Rushmore, and Badlands NP. We'll travel through @Teamubr backyard on the way there.

Rawlins KOA is rather dusty in the summer, are you staying at Colter Bay in the Tetons? Short drive to south Yellowstone entrance, FW is number1, Colter Bay is number 2. White River KOA in the Badlands is great. Mount Rushmore KOA or Custer Gulch (largest sites I've ever seen) for Mount Rushmore, if you haven't been, Keystone is a pretty cool tourist town, lots to do in the area. Here is a Colter site

P7130031.JPG

View from campground

20160713_150335.jpg

Rawlins KOA is rather dusty in the summer, are you staying at Colter Bay in the Tetons? Short drive to south Yellowstone entrance, FW is number1, Colter Bay is number 2. White River KOA in the Badlands is great. Mount Rushmore KOA or Custer Gulch (largest sites I've ever seen) for Mount Rushmore, if you haven't been, Keystone is a pretty cool tourist town, lots to do in the area. Here is a Colter site

View attachment 597901

View from campground

View attachment 597904
Roger that

What's the latest? I scrolled back through the thread and didn't look like a decision had been made yet but I'm notorious for missing important info lol

Ill bump it also. Trying to figure out 2022. Lol , sites are going like hotcakes.

Joe, we are so sorry to hear of the death of your MIL. Hugs to your wife. Take care, and remember all the wonderful memories.

We did this a y

We did this exact trip last year. It was absolutely stunning. Great koa near Rushmore and we liked the east koa near Yellowstone.

So looking at booking a buddy site if someone is interested, or I have a back in site in mind also.

Looking at dates 6/16 thru 6/28 for us. Looking to book our site most likely today while making other reservations.

OKAY, did I miss something? I don't recall a decision as to when and where being made. I am open to all choices and hope to attend. Then follow up to a trip to Akron and Canton Ohio and then a trip down into WV and Va.

On the flip side one way to get things started. Go with it and see who can join.

@FtW Mike really akron and canton? what are you planning to do? what campground?

I think some one is feeling better and wants to get out. Unfortunately, kido will still be in school. The weekend after fathers day should be ok for us. Depends when school ends. I usually do promised land for fathers day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter