DISers stalking DISers...continuing our friendship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem with us and "Italian" food! :goodvibes I'm 100% Italian and cook it often. In the NY/NJ area, we have our choices of wonderful real Italian restaurants, (not those pretend ones like Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. ;) )

Ha!! Olive Garden is my FAVORITE restaurant!! We just got a new one about 10 minutes from our house...but that's not good for my diet or my Disney fund :rotfl:

I LOVE Italian (and pretend Italian) food, but I have to cook it at home. Ever since pregnancy with Tucker, I can not tolerate the smell of Italian restaurants!

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I have been busy homeschooling the kids. It is not easy!! I hope everyone is doing great. Anyway... I made reservations today for Disney. I decided to go in September. Does anyone have any advice for going in September? I am hoping it won't be as crowded or as hot as June or July.

I also got a 40% off code for room only that the CM I talked to today wouldn't let me apply to my reservation. He said that if I used the code for the room that I couldn't get the dining plan. I understand that the 40% off doesn't apply to the dining plan or tickets, but shouldn't I still be able to get 40% off the room? I have never used a code or read anything about codes. Does anyone know how this works?

Go to the resorts board, to the codes section at the top, and ask there. I thought you could use the code and still get DDP... but you may end up with free dining... not sure when that runs. Maybe you can call back tomorrow and add dining to the ressie? Good luck!

I was able to get 40% off the room portion only of a package with dining (haven't booked yet, just put on hold). I would just try and call back. just ask for a quote and see what the price is

Most likely if free dining comes out, it would be a better deal anyway

I went the last week of august into september in 2005(free dinning). It was HOT, but not crowded at all. I was able to get a reservation at any restuarant I wanted by just going in around noon to book for dinner. The only problem I had was getting a reservation in Epcot when I tried calling at around 3PM that day

Thanks for the info. The CM I talked to was kind of rude. I didn't think it sounded right that I couldn't get the 40% off the room if I had the dining plan. He also told me that the room could not be separated out from the dining plan and tickets so there was no way to apply it to the room only. I have the reservation on hold too. I guess I will call back tomorrow. From my experience I have learned that sometimes you have to call and talk to someone else to get answers.

Thanks for the info. The CM I talked to was kind of rude. I didn't think it sounded right that I couldn't get the 40% off the room if I had the dining plan. He also told me that the room could not be separated out from the dining plan and tickets so there was no way to apply it to the room only. I have the reservation on hold too. I guess I will call back tomorrow. From my experience I have learned that sometimes you have to call and talk to someone else to get answers.

have you called back yet?

How did you make out?

From my experience I have learned that sometimes you have to call and talk to someone else to get answers.

I totally agree. If I don't like the answer (or attitude) I am getting with one CM, I politely end the call and try someone else!

We went in September and in October (prior to DD) ... no lines, warm enough to swim, very laid back and relaxing... BUT.... the park hours are shorter.

Thanks for the advice to call back. It worked!!! I called today and talked to a CM that was very helpful and didn't even question me using the code. She couldn't believe he told me I had to choose between using the code and the dining plan.

I told her about the other CM being rude and telling me I couldn't use it. She said that he probably didn't want the trouble or work for himself. So it was easier to just tell me I couldn't use it. She said it takes a lot of computer work to add the 40% off code to a reservation that has already been made. I was on the phone with her for about 40 minutes, but she was glad to help.

So thanks again for telling me to try again!!

I was wondering if any of you could tell me the best places to eat at Epcot. We have never gone to Epcot, but I am getting park hopper tickets this year. I have no idea how to plan because I don't know what restaurants to go to. I need TS and CS. Thanks!!!!!

I was wondering if any of you could tell me the best places to eat at Epcot. We have never gone to Epcot, but I am getting park hopper tickets this year. I have no idea how to plan because I don't know what restaurants to go to. I need TS and CS. Thanks!!!!!

Gee, it all depends on what your family likes!
OUR family favorites are:
1. Chefs de France - MY favorite TS meal in all of WDW! :love:
2. Norway Bakery for open face sandwiches and pastry :cutie:
3. Cantina outside of Mexico for counter service & frozen margaritas :banana:
4. Rose & Crown for awesome fish & chips (Dana's choice, not mine. lol)

Oh, and PS to Rags: Bob just requested Raglan Road, so I will be calling tomorrow for an additional reservation. See, he DOES get a say in the trip planning... (just as long as he doesn't make a habit of it.... :lmao: )

OKay I was looking at menu's, trying to figure out if there is anywhere else I want to eat on vacation. I love the Big River Grille in Nashville, but the one in Disney doesn't even have half of what the Nashville one does.

Our favorites in Epcot are...

LeCellier - TS - wonderful steaks!! Our DDs love this place too.

Sunshine Seasons - CS - in the Land, they have sandwiches, oriental food, other things too but this is what we usually get. Oh, they have great desserts!!

CS we ate at the Electric Umbrella (I think that was the name) right at the entrance. Just the regular burgers, chicken, and pizza, but it was good and not crowded once WS opens. We ate at Biergarten 2 years ago and loved it. They have buffet with plenty of choices for adults and kids. They have a German band that plays during dinner, and a dance floor where the kids can get up and dance. If you call at your 180 day mark, you might get seating right up front to make it easier to keep an eye on your boys.

Pic of a pic, so excuse the poor quality! Avery dancing to the music...

DSC01843.jpg

OKay I was looking at menu's, trying to figure out if there is anywhere else I want to eat on vacation. I love the Big River Grille in Nashville, but the one in Disney doesn't even have half of what the Nashville one does.

Inside is really "tight"... we sat outside one night and liked it much better...

Forgot another CS that we enjoyed - China had some tasty selections one day when we wanted something "light"...

I went like my first time last week and I loved it. Maybe it was cause it was 10:30 at night and I had been out in the cold but it was good.

Thanks for telling me your favorite Epcot restaurants. It has really helped me a lot!! It so hard to decide.

Mandy - I know you go to a lot of concerts. Have you ever gone to one at the Sommet Center in Nashville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter