Discovery Cove

Kisby

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are planning to spend a day at Discovery Cove during our Disney Trip in August. Has anyone been there? What can you tell us? Is it worth the price? My wife can't swim, will she still be able to enjoy it? Can she do the dolphin stuff?

Thanks very much for any information you can give.

Hi

just visiting from the UK boards. we went to Discovery Cove during our trip in 2000, and with out doubt it ws the hightlight of the holiday, we absolutley loved it, a real experience. We took my husbands mother with us, she does not swim. However she did the dolphin interactive session and enjoyed all the snorkling ect. They have really good floatation devices that anyone can use, and lots of people do. In our opinion the price, although expensive was well worth it, as you get an amazing lunch included with plenty of choice, and the 7 day unlimited pass to seaworld. The park itself is really lovely, not overcrowed, you get a real feel of luxury, and while your sitting on the sandy beach area its hard to believe that you are in the middle of Orlando.

Hope you go and enjoy the day

Tanya
x

Hi there ~

My fiance and I just spent the day at Discovery Cove on Valentines Day.
It was an incredible experience. From the moment you walk in you are treated by the staff and trainers wonderfully.
Everyday we still talk about our experience. We plan on doing the "Trainer for a Day" on our next trip next February.
You are given wetsuits that act as life jackets, that keep your head above water. Your wife will feel very secure in them.

Have a great time!!

and did Discovery Cove on Feb 19th. It was great. We went with 2 kids age 9 & 11. The girls did the dolphin swim and we did not. The snorkeling was great as was the lunch and the whole experience. We loved it. The girls did enjoy the dolphin "swim" but I've got to say, that it seemed more like a photo shoot to me. Also, be prepared that if your swim is in the late afternoon (the girls was 3:15), the phot viewing session afterward eats up a lot of your time. They take you back to a cabana to view your photos that need to be loaded on a computer. I got very frustrated by this. It was a full blown sales pitch. Although I was happy to get a few pictures, it ate up the rest of the time before they closed. That said, we will do it again the next time we go. We just won't book the dolphins. And, just to add, we did get 7 days at Sea World free. We only went once but our day there was also great.
Jenn

and did Discovery Cove on Feb 19th. It was great. We went with 2 kids age 9 & 11. The girls did the dolphin swim and we did not. The snorkeling was great as was the lunch and the whole experience. We loved it. The girls did enjoy the dolphin "swim" but I've got to say, that it seemed more like a photo shoot to me.

Also, be prepared that if your swim is in the late afternoon (the girls was 3:15), the phot viewing session afterward eats up a lot of your time. They take you back to a cabana to view your photos that need to be loaded on a computer. I got very frustrated by this. It was a full blown sales pitch. Although I was happy to get a few pictures, it ate up the rest of the time before they closed.

That said, we will do it again the next time we go. We just won't book the dolphins. And, just to add, we did get 7 days at Sea World free. We only went once but our day there was also great.

There is a discovery board here on the dis but it is a very slow moving board. Hope this helped:~)
Jenn

Me and DH went in August 2001. We loved it. It was amazing, I did a trip report on it.

If you want to do a search on the Universal Trip Report Board, and search for "10 year anniversary kidless trip", you will find it.

In one word outstanding.

It is so worth it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter