Discounts with AP's

colleen costello

<font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and
Hi all. Heading south in June and planning 4 trips in the 2003-2004 calendar year. I know from other posts that AP holders get room discounts. Can you regular Annual Passholders tell me what those discounts are like, and how early they typically come out? DH has a conference next June and it means an extra trip to Disney. I'll be low on points and will need to add a few cash nights. Do they offer AP discounts on ALL rooms or just certain resorts? Can I get an AP discount on cash nights at a DVC resort? I have obviously never had an annual pass before and wondered. Thanks!

The best source for current info (IMHO) is mousesavers.com which has info regarding current discounts, as well as historical info on when discounts have been released in the past. It seems that most resorts will have at least some AP discounts available, and that site generally will have examples of current discounts which visitors have been quoted on the current discounts. Or you can always call CRO and ask for AP rates for your requested dates and resorts.

I have never heard of an AP discount on cash rates for DVC and doubt that it is possible. However, in my experience, an AP rate will be better than any other such as Disney Club, AAA, etc. (Since I am not a Florida resident those may be as good or better, but AP rates tend to be very good.)

Good luck and have fun planning those trips!

So Mousesavers is also the place to check not only "codes" but AP discounts? Thanks.

I think she (Mary from the mousesavers website) considers all discounts as codes, as you need to cite a three letter code to get many discounts. AP discounts are also coded, but generally they will tell you the discount as long as you tell them AP since you are officially required to show your AP at check-in, so they aren't as concerned that codes intended for specific groups are being shared with those not targeted.

They do occasionally have AP rates at DVC resorts. An OKW 1 bedroom is $270 plus tax AP rate for April 27 to July 3, rack rate is $385 (about 30% off). The code rate was $285 (now expired). Member 25% off was $289.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter