Discount Disney/Target Gift Cards & Cardpool

tmcguire

Earning My Ears
Best website/app for discount Target cards is Cardpool. I saved 6% and have purchased over $1000 in three transactions. It worked perfectly, but to be safe I split it up into three transactions bc I wasn't comfortable ordering that much in one full swoop. I got the e-gift cards from Target within 24hrs of purchase and then used them in conjunction with my RedCard to by the Disney GCs on the Target App.

Last, but not least, I opened a disney vacation account (https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com) with a one time $10 deposit and I will upload all of my Disney GCs from target once they arrive and get an additional $20 Disney GC for spending my $1000 through my vacation account when I purchase the DDP.

So, I saved a total of 12.5% on the DDP (Total cost of $1305).

A lot of moving parts and a lot of copy/cut/paste on my iPhone, but worth the $163 in savings.

Best website/app for discount Target cards is Cardpool. I saved 6% and have purchased over $1000 in three transactions. It worked perfectly, but to be safe I split it up into three transactions bc I wasn't comfortable ordering that much in one full swoop. I got the e-gift cards from Target within 24hrs of purchase and then used them in conjunction with my RedCard to by the Disney GCs on the Target App.

Last, but not least, I opened a disney vacation account (https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com) with a one time $10 deposit and I will upload all of my Disney GCs from target once they arrive and get an additional $20 Disney GC for spending my $1000 through my vacation account when I purchase the DDP.

So, I saved a total of 12.5% on the DDP (Total cost of $1305).

A lot of moving parts and a lot of copy/cut/paste on my iPhone, but worth the $163 in savings.

Interesting.... Did you buy $100 increments of Target GC's through Cardpool? And if you don't mind my asking how many e-gift cards did you buy per transaction? Then I am assuming Target doesn't limit the amount of GCs that can be applied to an online purchase? Also did you pay for Cardpool purchases with a cc that offered rewards further increasing the amount you saved? One other question, did you combine the Disney GCs before redeeming them?

Sorry for all the questions but with the increases and a family of 5, trying to create some discount is the only way to go!

I get no less than 7% off every day by going to Kroger to purchase my Target cards, and I don't have to worry that someone will drain my Target gift card before I get it spent. I also use my 6% grocery store rebate card to purchase the Target cards, putting me at 13%. When Kroger offers double fuel points, that is 20%.

Additionally, there have been people banned from Target.com for life for "reselling" when purchasing Disney gift cards. The only connection so far is that they used gift card resellers (ie, raise, cardpool, etc), rather than "clean" cards from a retailer. I personally do not find the risks of resellers worth it when I can so easily get a better, safer deal.

I get no less than 7% off every day by going to Kroger to purchase my Target cards, and I don't have to worry that someone will drain my Target gift card before I get it spent. I also use my 6% grocery store rebate card to purchase the Target cards, putting me at 13%. When Kroger offers double fuel points, that is 20%.

Additionally, there have been people banned from Target.com for life for "reselling" when purchasing Disney gift cards. The only connection so far is that they used gift card resellers (ie, raise, cardpool, etc), rather than "clean" cards from a retailer. I personally do not find the risks of resellers worth it when I can so easily get a better, safer deal.

Unfortunately, I do not think I have an equivalent to Kroger's here in NJ... So there is a risk to making purchases through Cardpool which I was not aware of...

Interesting.... Did you buy $100 increments of Target GC's through Cardpool? And if you don't mind my asking how many e-gift cards did you buy per transaction? Then I am assuming Target doesn't limit the amount of GCs that can be applied to an online purchase? Also did you pay for Cardpool purchases with a cc that offered rewards further increasing the amount you saved? One other question, did you combine the Disney GCs before redeeming them?

Sorry for all the questions but with the increases and a family of 5, trying to create some discount is the only way to go!

CARDPOOL - I tried to purchase $1000+ of Target GC at once and I didn't go through, so I split it up over three separate transactions and it worked fine. The number of e-cards varied for each transaction. Yes, I used a JetBlue so I can get miles!!!

Target - You can purchase 3 $100 cards and 2 $50 cards / transaction. I learned that after my purchases.

Combination of cards was done through Disney Vacation Account. Very easy. Once all of my cards were loaded I called a DVC CM and bought my DDP with one Disney # that the site provides you.

It was a little tedious, but well worth it for a family of 7!!!!

PS - We now use Cardpool for a lot more purchases. It really is a great site with real savings. I have bought Home Depot, Outback, AMC and other GCs and saved anywhere from 6-20%.

CARDPOOL - I tried to purchase $1000+ of Target GC at once and I didn't go through, so I split it up over three separate transactions and it worked fine. The number of e-cards varied for each transaction. Yes, I used a JetBlue so I can get miles!!!

Target - You can purchase 3 $100 cards and 2 $50 cards / transaction. I learned that after my purchases.

Combination of cards was done through Disney Vacation Account. Very easy. Once all of my cards were loaded I called a DVC CM and bought my DDP with one Disney # that the site provides you.

It was a little tedious, but well worth it for a family of 7!!!!

PS - We now use Cardpool for a lot more purchases. It really is a great site with real savings. I have bought Home Depot, Outback, AMC and other GCs and saved anywhere from 6-20%.

Thanks for the info Tmcguire! Do you know what DIS MERI was referring to when she mentioned worrying "that her Target e-card might get drained" or getting banned from Target.com for "reselling" GCs?

There is a very lengthy thread on this topic already. Just giving you a heads up in case the mods merge yours with the long running thread.

http://disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/

The last 100 pages or so are relevant (before that is older info that may no longer be applicable). Cardpool, raise, etc are gift card resellers. They are a middle man between you and someone who is selling a gift card, so you are not the only one who has access to the gift card numbers. Many people have posted about buying a giftcard from a reseller and it being empty when they have gone to use it. Or a stolen credit card may have been used to purchase the gift cards. It may never happen to you, but it can be a pain to fix if it does.

For the target.com bannings, no one is able to say what target has decided they are resellers of. Maybe giftcards. Maybe the rulers that people were adding to their orders to get ebates. Target won't say. Apparently, it is hard to even find out that you have been banned. They just cancel every single order that you make. The people that have reported being banned have to spend a good deal of time on the phone, being passed around until they are finally told they are banned for life from target.com. In that case, you can still use your target gift cards in store, but then you don't get the redcard 5%. The only thing that seems to be a common factor is that everyone banned said they had used a gift card reseller for at least some of their target gift cards. YMMV.

Thanks for the info!! Saving a few dollars isn't worth all that risk to me.
Is it safe to just buy Disney GCs from Target with your red card and then combine them? I think that I have read dozens of posts on that topic.

Is it safe to just buy Disney GCs from Target with your red card and then combine them? I think that I have read dozens of posts on that topic.
Yep! The majority of the Target bans were done to people who used a Target coupon to purchase multiple orders of cards. That was not a Raise/Cardpool thing.

Yes, and you can also buy Target gift cards with your rewards credit card (earning points/miles) and then use those Target gift cards at target.com with your redcard to get 5% off (only works online, not instore).

Yep! The majority of the Target bans were done to people who used a Target coupon to purchase multiple orders of cards. That was not a Raise/Cardpool thing.
That's the first I've heard of using a coupon. The bans I saw were all related to gift cards purchased from a single reseller site, and all tried to trick Ebates into giving credit for the purchase by adding a small filler item to their order.

That's the first I've heard of using a coupon. The bans I saw were all related to gift cards purchased from a single reseller site, and all tried to trick Ebates into giving credit for the purchase by adding a small filler item to their order.
There must have been a second one then. The one I am referring to was a target coupon that was shared online and people were making multiple orders with it to the point that Target removed the cards from their system and canceled most of the orders. A lot of people were flagged and unable to order anything.

Thanks for the info Tmcguire! Do you know what DIS MERI was referring to when she mentioned worrying "that her Target e-card might get drained" or getting banned from Target.com for "reselling" GCs?
No, not sure.

I have been buying discount Target gift cards off sites like Raise, Cardpool, etc and then using those cards to buy Ebay gift cards on Target.com. In addition, I will stack the Target gift card discount (usually around 6%) with the Redcard 5% discount for a combined 10%+ discount on Ebay cards. I have been doing this for months and everything always worked fine. About a week ago all of my orders using a Target gift card stacked with the Redcard have been cancelled immediately. If I don't use the Redcard the order goes through fine. Is anyone else experiencing this situation? Or had success recently?I have been buying discount Target gift cards off sites like Raise, Cardpool, etc and then using those cards to buy Ebay gift cards on Target.com. In addition, I will stack the Target gift card discount (usually around 6%) with the Redcard 5% discount for a combined 10%+ discount on Ebay cards. I have been doing this for months and everything always worked fine. About a week ago all of my orders using a Target gift card stacked with the Redcard have been cancelled immediately. If I don't use the Redcard the order goes through fine. Is anyone else experiencing this situation? Or had success recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter