Disboutiquers Part 12 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info on Wal-Mart fabric depts closings. We are having a mini remodel (to start selling beer and wine) So a set up guy is here. I ask him about the closings and he stated "To keep fabric the dept has to do 3% of the stores total sales". That's a tall order for a fabric & crafts dept. He said some stores in Utah will be keeping fabric.

Tracie

More info on Wal-Mart fabric depts closings. We are having a mini remodel (to start selling beer and wine) So a set up guy is here. I ask him about the closings and he stated "To keep fabric the dept has to do 3% of the stores total sales". That's a tall order for a fabric & crafts dept. He said some stores in Utah will be keeping fabric.

Tracie

The head of the fabric dept at one of our stores was told 1% of total store sales. Looks like different areas have different requirements. That's the one on Galena in Aurora for those of you in IL.

Shannon and Beth :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
thank you so much for lifting my spirit with your kind words:grouphug: you have me crying, it is good to know that some people care....

Shannon I am embarrassed to say that that is one of the easiest dress, mostly rectangle shapes I was going to post how to make it but felt bad as you all know how "little talent" I have ....you cut the dress right in the fabric just using measurement
I will try to post it soon

Once again thank you so much:hug:

LITTLE TALENT? Um... no. It takes great brain power and skill to know exactly what the measurements should be and exactly where to cut. THAT is talent! I can follow someone's directions when they tell me where/what to cut. But to figure it out on my own? Not generally! Don't underestimate yourself!

Did some rather simple cute things this weekend... have been so busy with life lately... not much time for sewing

IMG_8318.jpg

IMG_8306.jpg

IMG_8317.jpg

Lori

Tracie

I asked at my fabric section today. I was told that they have not been told that our fabric department is leaving and they hope that it doesn't. I noticed that they were painting the building, so I got nervous! I was afraid it was part of the renovations that have been discussed. I think I'm safe - at least for a while.

:hug::hug::hug: as I been in a state of perpetual depression, but decided that this is what keeps me going:grouphug:

Michelle: sorry for the many text---I tried sending you a slide (pictures) but had to do it one at a time--- something was up with photobucket also as it was taking me forever---

I hope everything is OK with Chianna:hug: I know it will

hope you like these
2008_03280010.jpg

2008_03280005.jpg

2008_03280002-1.jpg

2008_03230003.jpg

2008_03230005.jpg

the other ones I have to yet download in photobucket:sad2:

wendy:
2008_03230010.jpg

2008_03230011.jpg

2008_03270015.jpg

2008_03270016.jpg

(sorry for the bad fit but the dress form is a size 2 and the dress is size 7)

and some fabrics I ordered from fabricsgalore ---they were on sale!!!---

2008_03230035.jpg

I specially love this one
2008_03230037.jpg

part of my give project
2008_03120003.jpg

which I am still working on (maybe I will redo !!!) i know, I know it looks really bad!!!!!!!:rotfl:

I will hopefully go back and read few pages

PS: Crystal I email you:hug:

Linnette

WOW!!!!! Linette you always amaze me!!!!! I hope you wouldn't mind if I CAB'D that tink! My girls would go crazy over that!

I know you will be impressed to hear I finished outfit #2 for Olivia's Big Give...this is for her older sister who does NOT like frilly things! She does like Minnie so I made a top and shorts for her! :goodvibes

IMGP8075.jpg

IMGP8076.jpg

IMGP8077.jpg

I am going to ship them out this week! Won't they be surprised to get an early box! :wizard: I really think this is just as (or more) fun for us as the Wish kids! Thanks for letting me participate....Teresa....and thanks for all of your work on coordinating for this family!!!!:hug::hug::hug:

ETA: I remembered someone asked me if I sewed the ribbon in (by opening up the side seams) and this time I did! Thanks for the tip!!!!

:hug::hug::hug: as I been in a state of perpetual depression, but decided that this is what keeps me going:grouphug:

hope you like these
2008_03280010.jpg

2008_03280005.jpg

2008_03280002-1.jpg

2008_03230003.jpg

2008_03230005.jpg

2008_03230011.jpg

2008_03270015.jpg

2008_03270016.jpg

2008_03230035.jpg

2008_03230037.jpg

2008_03120003.jpg

Linnette

Linnette,

I am sorry you have been depressed so much lately. How is the toothache doing? Did you get to see a dentist? I sent a few PM's but know you were not feeling well.

I love, love, love the dresses! Are they Linnette orginals? They are beautiful and I love the shirring in the back. You are so talented. Write soon.

This is only my second post in the disboutiquers board. I completed 2 more dresses for my DD3 over the weekend. Nothing spectacular but will be nice and cool for her to wear in WDW in May and August. I also went shopping for more Disney fabric this weekend and had some good finds at Hancock fabrics.
101_1413.jpg

101_1415.jpg

101_1416.jpg

101_1417.jpg

I know you will be impressed to hear I finished outfit #2 for Olivia's Big Give...this is for her older sister who does NOT like frilly things! She does like Minnie so I made a top and shorts for her! :goodvibes

IMGP8075.jpg

IMGP8076.jpg

IMGP8077.jpg

I am going to ship them out this week! Won't they be surprised to get an early box! :wizard: I really think this is just as (or more) fun for us as the Wish kids! Thanks for letting me participate....Teresa....and thanks for all of your work on coordinating for this family!!!!:hug::hug::hug:

That is really very very cute. I want to CASE the shirt design if you don't mind for my Sept trip. I love that it is clean and pretty.

This is only my second post in the disboutiquers board. I completed 2 more dresses for my DD3 over the weekend. Nothing spectacular but will be nice and cool for her to wear in WDW in May and August. I also went shopping for more Disney fabric this weekend and had some good finds at Hancock fabrics.
101_1413.jpg

101_1415.jpg

101_1416.jpg

101_1417.jpg

Very cute, but
we need much bigger pictures. My eyes can't handle this. Especially on the little laptop screen.

101_1417.jpg

very cute!!!!!!

I will remember that for next time. I was worried about taking up too much space. I won't hold back with the next dress :-)

I finally finished Marenna's Big Give piglet vida and hat! :banana::banana::banana: I have to say I really enjoyed all the pinkness and ruffles! And I even have a model the right size! I swear the ruffles aren't as wonky as they look in the pictures. The back ruffles are supposed to remind you of Piglet's shirt :confused3

DSCN4616-1.jpg

DSCN4615-1.jpg

DSCN4619-1.jpg

and one more, just to make sure we have too much Lilys!

DSCN4621-1.jpg

I am just catching up and wanted to say this is wonderful! Great job.

Hello were back! We had a great time but it went way to fast and did not get everything done! We did end up joining the Disney vacation club :cool1: so we will have more chances to get things done. I would not suggest to ever go with a big group! We had 11 people 2 familys that could not get on the same page if you know what I mean. I think I cried due to stress and frustration 3 times! Not my idea of a magical trip but all in all it was great! I Think all the stuff made since we have been gone is really cute I love the villain Cinderella set! Well if you would like to see some of our pictures please feel free....

I am sorry that the stress level got so high. Traveling with other than your immediate family can be hard.

I also own a DVC and love it, "welcome home" don't forget to read the DVC section here on the dis.

I would love to see the villain outfits please post all the clothes you made!

Shannon and Beth :hug::hug::hug::hug:
thank you so much for lifting my spirit with your kind words:grouphug: you have me crying, it is good to know that some people care....

Shannon I am embarrassed to say that that is one of the easiest dress, mostly rectangle shapes I was going to post how to make it but felt bad as you all know how "little talent" I have ....you cut the dress right in the fabric just using measurement

Awwwww, I really mean it Linnette.,,,!!!! You are a great person and so sweet and kind...and of course EXTREMELY TALANTED!!!!! Major hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!!
:flower3::hug::flower3::hug::flower3::hug:

Did some rather simple cute things this weekend... have been so busy with life lately... not much time for sewing

IMG_8318.jpg

IMG_8306.jpg

IMG_8317.jpg

Lori
Very cute Lori.

IMGP8075.jpg

IMGP8076.jpg

IMGP8077.jpg

I am going to ship them out this week! Won't they be surprised to get an early box! :wizard: I really think this is just as (or more) fun for us as the Wish kids! Thanks for letting me participate....Teresa....and thanks for all of your work on coordinating for this family!!

ETA: I remembered someone asked me if I sewed the ribbon in (by opening up the side seams) and this time I did! Thanks for the tip!!!!
Aww, that looks great!!! I bet she will love it. It really is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

101_1413.jpg

101_1415.jpg

101_1416.jpg

101_1417.jpg
Awww so cute!!!! Adorable.

Shannon and Beth :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi Linnette!

I don't post on this thread a lot but read it religiously and I help with the big gives (non-sewing projects) and I just had to post and say that you are one of the most talented and creative seamstresses on here! I am sorry you are having a hard time but wanted you to know that I think all of your creations and your generosity with the big gives are fabulous!

:hug: to you! Jen

First Question...back sometime ago someone had posted a picture of a crown for appliquing...it was the cute one some were using on the pink halter tops...Anyone remember? If I could I would like that.

Second, I had posted maybe a week ago about doing a reusable grocery bag swap...and wondered if there would be any interest, I did have a couple say they were, but would like to get more people, I think it would be interesting to see what others come up with for the swap.
Would be one of those "you make X # of bags you get the same amount back.
Just let me know, I do have a couple of tutorials that I posted that we could use. :thumbsup2:

Thanks everyone...have a great evening...BTW...I am so excited...we changed our ressies for FREE DINING!

Thanks everyone...have a great evening...BTW...I am so excited...we changed our ressies for FREE DINING!

Where are you staying? What changed? I did see the crown in the pattern section on the first page with the bookmarks. You are going to WDW about the same time we are.

We are doing a split stay between CSR and BCV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter