Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I got slapped for repeatedly reporting a new poster who was trolling. For some reason I will never understand, the mods stood behind that person even though every one of their posts did nothing but stir the pot. And as mentioned earlier, daring to disagree with the mods just got you in more trouble. It was downhill from there and I soon went from visiting daily to not being here for a few years.
Pretty sure I stopped posting around that same time for similar reasons

I know some have fond memories of Pete (we all love a good Pete rant), but i low-key felt the show was more fun and loose when he wasn't hosting (especially on those days where he was in a bad mood and it transferred to being insufferable to other staff members ON AIR).

One of my favs, a holiday special from 6 years ago (Craig hosting, featuring Ryno, Oliver, Teresa, Julie, and Steve).
There's so many lolzy moments in this episode.

i imagine we'll get something after the California event. They cant NOT do another live show without acknowledging the elephant in the room.

Also, funny thing about all this...
there's still a HUGE amount of listeners/viewers who have no idea about all this.
Not everyone is on disboards, checks youtube comments, etc.
And the Dis isn't huge enough to have it be a trending topic on facebook/twitter, so it hasn't exactly blown up there.
So if you're not as plugged in, this is just not on your radar.

I haven't been on disboards in a while, but i do still listen to the main show and Universal Edition weekly (more so audio than the video version).
If i hadn't opened youtube to see Ryno was doing a livestream when i did the other night, i would still be in the dark about all this.
I found out about this whole debacle in the most roundabout way.

I am in the “Aussie Disney Dorks” Facebook group and someone mentioned DUT and an issue they were having.
I directed them to reach out to Kevin (he’s the client services manager right?) to get more clarity and I went searching on here to ensure I had his email correct (I jumped into one of the threads on this section of the boards to ensure I had it correct) and came across something which lead me to google the orange county clerks office which lead me, you know where, and then I spent the better part of 2 days catching up.

My sister is a DIS fan too so I called her with the revelations and apparently she is a frequent visitor to the other place (which I didn’t even know about) for other online personalities, and she’d started skimming the threads.

To say I was shocked was an understatement.
Exactly. I got slapped for repeatedly reporting a new poster who was trolling. For some reason I will never understand, the mods stood behind that person even though every one of their posts did nothing but stir the pot. And as mentioned earlier, daring to disagree with the mods just got you in more trouble. It was downhill from there and I soon went from visiting daily to not being here for a few years.
Oh how I remember that.
It *did* however spur on an 856 page private group chat which I know many of us appreciated and engaged in quite a lot and we were free to talk as much rubbish as we liked.

I think I know who the poster is you’re talking about. I also seem to remember that person showing up on the other site awhile back and getting runoft. Never understood why they were allowed to continue their pontificating on this site without being banned. It was about that time I stopped visiting.

Last edited:

I found out about this whole debacle in the most roundabout way.

I am in the “Aussie Disney Dorks” Facebook group and someone mentioned DUT and an issue they were having.
I directed them to reach out to Kevin (he’s the client services manager right?) to get more clarity and I went searching on here to ensure I had his email correct (I jumped into one of the threads on this section of the boards to ensure I had it correct) and came across something which lead me to google the orange county clerks office which lead me, you know where, and then I spent the better part of 2 days catching up.

My sister is a DIS fan too so I called her with the revelations and apparently she is a frequent visitor to the other place (which I didn’t even know about) for other online personalities, and she’d started skimming the threads.

To say I was shocked was an understatement.

Oh how I remember that.
It *did* however spur on an 856 page private group chat which I know many of us appreciated and engaged in quite a lot and we were free to talk as much rubbish as we liked.
Yeah when I started that chat I had no idea what it would turn into. Good times.

Can someone post. 6 sentence bulletpoint of what all this stuff is about?!
1-Two former on air personalities came forward with details of...toxic relationships with Pete, to say the least (said users go into more detail on another forum).
2-More former on air personalities gave more insight to the toxic work environment (via their own social media).
3-Pete has apparently ran a nearly 1 million dollar debt using company credit card(s) on his expensive lifestyle
4-Current employees have acknowledged how shocking the news is and support those effected, but are likely waiting to make any more formal statements after the previously scheduled Dis meetup in California.
5-Speculation is leading to the conscious uncoupling of Pete from any relationship to Dreams Unlimited Travel/The Dis podcasts (supposedly Corey/Craig were wanting to buy The Dis at some point).

1-Two former on air personalities came forward with details of...toxic relationships with Pete, to say the least (said users go into more detail on another forum).
2-More former on air personalities gave more insight to the toxic work environment (via their own social media).
3-Pete has apparently ran a nearly 1 million dollar debt using company credit card(s) on his expensive lifestyle
4-Current employees have acknowledged how shocking the news is and support those effected, but are likely waiting to make any more formal statements after the previously scheduled Dis meetup in California.
5-Speculation is leading to the conscious uncoupling of Pete from any relationship to Dreams Unlimited Travel/The Dis podcasts (supposedly Corey/Craig were wanting to buy The Dis at some point).
Regarding #3, Pete has been sued by Amex for that debt, which is a matter of public record. So it isn't just that he has the debt but that he apparently hasn't been paying it.

Regarding #5, one piece of the DIS, the DVC Fan property, has already been sold off. One would presume that is related to #3 to raise funds to settle that debt but that's purely speculation on my part. We may see other parts of the company sold off as well though there's been no indication of that yet.

The WTH is going on? thread just got closed.
I think they are just trying to keep it to one thread instead of multiple ones.

I will say I'm very disappointed and angry in everything that has happened. From the way people I had feeling things weren't great but to hear this come out is shocking and disappointing. I'm sorry that Dustin and Sean had to go through that.

While this doesn’t answer your question directly, (for that you need to go to the site where the former podcast members tell their stories), in oversimplified terms, every time a talented and popular podcast member departed unexpectedly, we were left wondering why, and our questions were always responded to with “none of your business.” Well, it turns out that whatever reason you might have imagined in your mind, the truth was worse. And the reasons always pointed back to one person. That person is now being exposed by many of those former employees in various places. It will take some hunting and a whole lot of reading. But the stories they are telling are out there in unedited format.

What was the deal with Federico? When they launched Si Disney they said he was married. All of a sudden he was everywhere including the Tuesday show, dining reviews and cruises. Then he was supposed to go on a cruise but was called back home for an "emergency". We never saw him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter