DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

Domestic parks are in decline, mainly due to numbers dropping at WDW.
The only reason operating income was up is international, mainly Shanghai which was closed part of last year and now open.
It is extremely worrying given the projections for current and future tourism spending (up) that WDW is losing a lot of custom.
They must reintroduce value immediately and probably scrap the hated Genie+
Iger on $DIS call: "Walt Disney World is still performing well above pre-COVID levels. 21% higher in revenue and 29% higher in operating income compared to fiscal 2019, adjusting for Starcruiser accelerated deprecation."

Yeah, I think they will be fine for now.

I suspect lots of subscribers will choose the ad supported deal after this.
“As of Oct. 12, Disney+ Premium (with no ads) will jump 27%, rising from $10.99 to $13.99/month for U.S. customers. Hulu without ads will increase 20%, from $14.99 to $17.99/month. The price for Disney+ and Hulu standalone ad-supported tiers will remain at $7.99/month each, and with the bundle still $9.99/month.”

I expect that and really the bundle with ads would be a great value as well.

Streaming losses were nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. I was thinking $700-800M for this quarter.

With all the content cuts and price increases, there really should be no reason they can’t achieve profitability at some point next year.
Profitability there will certainly be a help with the losses in the box office that they’ve brought onto themselves with streaming.

“As of Oct. 12, Disney+ Premium (with no ads) will jump 27%, rising from $10.99 to $13.99/month for U.S. customers. Hulu without ads will increase 20%, from $14.99 to $17.99/month. The price for Disney+ and Hulu standalone ad-supported tiers will remain at $7.99/month each, and with the bundle still $9.99/month.”

I expect that and really the bundle with ads would be a great value as well.
I suppose. We've been exposed to broadcast radio and tv advertising for a 100 years now. You might say we've been "programed" to accept it.

The decrease in operating income at our domestic operations was due to lower results at our domestic
parks and Disney Vacation Club, driven by lower unit sales, partially offset by an increase at Disney
Cruise Line.

I don't think I've ever seen them call out DVC as a contributor to lower operating income. :oops: It's always been considered free money.

Disney Company 10-Q

Domestic Hotel Occupancy 84% Q3 FY23 vs 90% Q3 FY22 (2.122M occupied nights vs 2.250M occupied nights)

Domestic Parks attendance up 1% overall Q3 23 v Q3 22

Domestic Per room spending Down 1%

International Parks attendance up 88%

International Per Room up 19%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter