Dis Mom's Club?

Hi everyone! Just found this thread. Hope there is room for one more.

My name is Xann. I am the Disney nut of the family. I've been there 10 times and this November will be my 11th trip. It will also be my dd2 first trip. I am so excited to share this with her! It will also be my dh 3rd trip. My parents purchased the DVc and it will be our first time using the membership.

We have so much to plan. We will be on dd time. Since we've all been there before, I want her to enjoy it as much as possible.

I have been pouring over our reservations and want everyone to be happy with the choices. I tuck with character meals so dd is entertained. In all the times we've been there this is our first Christmas theme visit. I have always wanted to see Disney done for Christmas! We are going to the Christmas party and the candlelight processional with Neil Patrick Harris. Bonus!
I have never been during Christmas time and would like to go to the Christmas party.

I'd love it if we would get some rain - but at least it's suppose to be cooler here today. Low 80's!

We bought DD a wooden swingset on Craigslist a while back. It was a great deal - $200 for a swing set that would have been $700 or $800 new. But DH had to take it all apart to get it home.

Because of the heat, it's been hard for DH to find time where he won't roast to death to put it back together. We are both hoping he can finish it this week.

PeanutButterMom - Glad you like the FB group! I'm hoping your DH comes around!

My DH isn't as big a fan of Disney as I am, but he realizes that I'm going to want to go back. We are going to actually look into buying into DVC at some point. :goodvibes

Here's my funny kid story for the day. I suddenly realize that there are 2 police officers walking up my front steps. Apparently DS5 called 911 becasue DS8 was taking his stuff and he thought his brother should go to jail. :rotfl2:

I had no idea he even knew how to dail 911. The police officer was pretty cool about it, but did give him clear instructions on when you need to tell mommy and when it is ok to call 911. I would just love to hear what the conversation with the 911 dispatcher was like!

Never a dull moment here! :crazy2:

Here's my funny kid story for the day. I suddenly realize that there are 2 police officers walking up my front steps. Apparently DS5 called 911 becasue DS8 was taking his stuff and he thought his brother should go to jail. :rotfl2:

I had no idea he even knew how to dail 911. The police officer was pretty cool about it, but did give him clear instructions on when you need to tell mommy and when it is ok to call 911. I would just love to hear what the conversation with the 911 dispatcher was like!

This is funny! :rotfl:

When we went to the pediatrician she asked youngest dd who would she call if mom needed help she said the neighbors name. I then explain he is a DARE Officer. The pediatrician explains the neccessity of 911. My youngest dd says you didn't say what kind of help, if it's an emergency I know to call 911. She is a very literal child.

PB has known about 911 for a couple years; I know a PO visited her preschool class, so at least by that age.

When Jelly was born, I went back to work when he was 8 weeks old, and DH worked nights(2 days on, 3 days off) and stayed home with Jelly (PB was in preschool, which was 8-1 M-F). DH in grained in her that sometimes Daddy might take a nap with Jelly, but if ever for some reason Daddy was sleeping and she couldn't wake him up, to call a neighbor and call 911 (we had all the phones programmed that if you hold down 5 it called our neighbors, who we're good friends with). DH is kind of paranoid that he'll have a stroke or something I think. :confused3 He also played the "emergency or not emergency" game with her a lot at that age (daddy fell on the stairs, the cat scratched her, Daddy said No TV, She couldn't wake up Daddy, etc etc etc).

Anyway, Jelly knows the "push 5" rule, though if he's home more than likely PB will be too. He's also more inclined to just run out of the house and over to the neighbor's before he looks for a phone though.

Hi! Is it too late to join? Our family consists of myself, Dh, and DS (5 going on 6). I grew up going to WDW every year and now live next to Tokyo Disney Resort which we visit too often probably!:earboy2: DS loves riding 20,000 leagues under the sea and the many adventures of winnie the pooh. He really wants to go to Carsland at DCA but we are still thinking about when is a good time to go. Nice to meet you all.::MinnieMo

My oldest did something similar when she was 2 1/2. My phone at home was a wall phone with a short cord so she couldn't get to it. However, at my mom's, she had a phone on her night table in her bedroom. My grandparents were visiting and my daughter was playing in the bedroom at the time. I walked in and saw her playing with the phone (my mom has unplugged it in the past to let her play with it so she thought it was unplugged I guess). I told her to put it down, took her by the hand and closed the bedroom door. shortly after, my mom had to leave for work and as she was coming out the front door to the courtyard, two police officers were walking up the courtyard to the front door. They said they got a call from her number and asked who was upstairs. She started rattling off who was there and when she got to "her 2 1/2 year old grand daughter", the cops actually started to chuckle. My mom explained that she was playing with the phone. :scratchin

DD hasn't called 911 (yet?) but she has been known to take my smart phone and call my dad. :lmao:

Hi! Is it too late to join? Our family consists of myself, Dh, and DS (5 going on 6). I grew up going to WDW every year and now live next to Tokyo Disney Resort which we visit too often probably!:earboy2: DS loves riding 20,000 leagues under the sea and the many adventures of winnie the pooh. He really wants to go to Carsland at DCA but we are still thinking about when is a good time to go. Nice to meet you all.::MinnieMo

:welcome:

This thread looks fun! I wanna join!

My name is Meghan and I love Disney! I haven't been for over 12 years and am incredibly excited to go in Feb. DH has NEVER been! And really doesn't
"get it" but our kids are almost 4 (girl) and 2 (boy). I own a daycare at my mom's house so I can keep the kids with me and DH is a banker.

This thread looks fun! I wanna join!

My name is Meghan and I love Disney! I haven't been for over 12 years and am incredibly excited to go in Feb. DH has NEVER been! And really doesn't
"get it" but our kids are almost 4 (girl) and 2 (boy). I own a daycare at my mom's house so I can keep the kids with me and DH is a banker.

I need to go to Disney Anonymous..
i have been itching Disney for a week now. and my trip isn't until 9-2012....
Help.

I would love to join! :cool1:
My name is Julie (30 yrs old), stay @ home mommy and DH(Greg) and myself are Disenyholics!
We have DD ( Kaylee 4 1/2 yrs) & DS ( Chase 9 months). Our 1st trip was back in 06 for our honeymoon. Then when Kaylee was 2 1/2 she had her 1st trip and has been 3x since. DH and myself just took a kid free trip in February for my 30th b-day and it was GREAT! ::yes:: We go again as a family in Nov & DMI joins us, this will be her 2nd trip, she came 2 yrs ago with us. Its nice b/c she can help and now having DS 1st trip, extra hands will be great!
This past trip DH & I stayed in AKL studio, all other trips have been in CBR. This trip in Nov will be our 1st time for Christmas and sooo excited, we are "christmas junkies"! :lmao: This trip we will also be trying a new resort, BWV 1 bedroom which we rented pionts!
Guess thats it, cant wait to read more from people!

I would love to join! :cool1:
My name is Julie (30 yrs old), stay @ home mommy and DH(Greg) and myself are Disenyholics!
We have DD ( Kaylee 4 1/2 yrs) & DS ( Chase 9 months). Our 1st trip was back in 06 for our honeymoon. Then when Kaylee was 2 1/2 she had her 1st trip and has been 3x since. DH and myself just took a kid free trip in February for my 30th b-day and it was GREAT! ::yes:: We go again as a family in Nov & DMI joins us, this will be her 2nd trip, she came 2 yrs ago with us. Its nice b/c she can help and now having DS 1st trip, extra hands will be great!
This past trip DH & I stayed in AKL studio, all other trips have been in CBR. This trip in Nov will be our 1st time for Christmas and sooo excited, we are "christmas junkies"! :lmao: This trip we will also be trying a new resort, BWV 1 bedroom which we rented pionts!
Guess thats it, cant wait to read more from people!

Hello everyone, joining in! My name is Shelly, and I love disney. :) I am married with two boys, ages 8 and 5. We have been to Disney twice and will be going again at the beginning of December. We have stayed at POP and CBR, this time we will be at POR riverside. It will be our first visit at holiday time, looking foreward to it. I am a licensed veterinary technician and I also do petsitting and home care. We lost our beloved boxer of 13 yrs in June and will be looking to open our hearts again soon.

Is that too much info?? :thumbsup2

Petals & Pixie Dust said:
You're in good company...Our trip isn't even booked (looking for Jan of 2014) So, I wait and get my fix here :surfweb:

I'm shooting for September 2013 and hoping for free dining again, but that's up to my husband. Now that there's a Gordon Ramsay restaurant in Vegas, I know he's wanting to go back there soon. We've done two trips in one year before (DC and Disney in 2011), but it's not easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter