Dis Meet for New England/MA/Greater Boston

Sounds great to me too, but it also depends on where and when. Maybe somewhere more centrally located in MA? :yay:

I live in Natick and am interested also. We are wdw vets and have been 1-2x/yr since we joined dvc in 1994! Willing to do a drive anywhere(afterall we drive to WDW).

Connears

Rhode Island here! my first time planning a Disney trip and this sounds like fun, though our schedule stinks, so it all depends where and when!!

Central Vermont here! Depending upon when, I may be able to make the trip down to Mass!

Hmmm, Grafton??? Auburn??? Worcester? I"m going to go with Grafton. I'm next to Grafton..just down the road from my house in fact..in Westborough.

small world! i am in westboro all the time as well!! Love ted Montanas and roche brothers!!

I'm in the New Haven, CT area. Just tell me where and when. I would LOVE to meet up with fellow DISers! :goodvibes

......Never organized one of these before so no idea what it entails but would be happy to do so. ........Anyone else organize one of these in the past? What does a Dis meet entail anyway?

Thanks folks!
In past years, not recently, I organized many meets. Typically 3 per year in my home area, Chicago, and then, if I as traveling for business, a couple times a year, I would try to plan one in the area I was traveling to. Most were very successful.

The best board to promote a meet is the community board. The moderator type people won't let you keep this thread here, as it does not pertain to theme park park planning. They will probably move it to the theme park community board. That's fine, but the 'plain' community board, (see link here....http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) get a LOT more traffic, the most on the DIS. I used to co moderate that board back many years ago, and I know the traffic it gets, just look at the thread and post counts on it. I do not frequent that board much anymore, but I know it still does high volume. The meet board is also good, but gets very low traffic.

A few tips...

Plan it out several months ahead.
Promote on and cross link several boards, like the two community boards mentioned above plus the meet board. Posting it on most any other board will get it moved by the moderator type people on those other boards. The three mentioned here should be safe.

You have to promote, promote, promote. Keep it in front of people every few days with thread bumps. Interact, as you are doing here, get a conversation and enthusiasm going.

Ask for suggestions, again, as you have done.

Shoot me an email (link in signature) if you need help or other suggestions.

See a few links here that might help...

http://www.disboards.com/search.php?searchid=16477021

I just did a search of threads I started that have 'Boston' in them. There are a number of them in there that might be of help.

And this search is of threads I started with 'meet' in the title.

http://www.disboards.com/search.php?searchid=16477484

Quincy here. Last year I attended a Passporter meet in Boston. There were about 15 of us and we did the Chocolate Bar at Cafe Fleuri in the Langham Hotel. All you care to eat chocolatey yum!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a little expensive but a very nice day. I runs 11-3 on Saturdays through June and is apprx $50 including tip.

After we walked through the common and pulbic gardens and then over to faneuil hall.

Central CT here...i might be interested depending on when and where. My DH might think i'm nuts for going out and meeting a bunch of people i don't know but it sounds fun.

Quincy here. Last year I attended a Passporter meet in Boston. There were about 15 of us and we did the Chocolate Bar at Cafe Fleuri in the Langham Hotel. All you care to eat chocolatey yum!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a little expensive but a very nice day. I runs 11-3 on Saturdays through June and is apprx $50 including tip.

After we walked through the common and pulbic gardens and then over to faneuil hall.

Best. Buffet. Ever.

Dan - great tips. Thank you for sharing your experiences and links. Should we ask the moderators to move us to the theme park community board?

DisneyAndRedSox - I like your location. I too am a Jersey girl trapped in Massachusetts!

Keep me in the loop. I might like to get in on this meeting. I am planing my 9th or 10th trip to Disney. I get like a silly kid. I live just outside of 495, but I could easily get anywhere in the greater Boston area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter