Dis Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale Germany Trip 9/20 - 9/28/2013

Our guides will be Frankie and Stephanie!

Mystery solved! Will have to start stalking her online instead of Jennae.

Is it standard for ABD to give us some sort of bag in our room? I am debating whether to pack an empty one for all of the shopping I plan to do.

Brian has informed me that he doubts there is room enough on the plane for everything that has made it to Packing Central, let alone my suitcase. Clearly, he does not understand my packing process!

Laurie

I hope you all have a great time. I don't have to ask for lots of pictures since Mike will be there.

Kim

I like getting this email...

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-15%20at%2011.08.06%20AM.png

Singing Mom....

We are flying Lufthansa from Munich to Frankfurt at the end of the adventure. I remember reading that you had flown them as well (I think!). Were they strict about carry on size? I have read that they limit you to 1 bag per person.

Danke!

Mystery solved! Will have to start stalking her online instead of Jennae.

Is it standard for ABD to give us some sort of bag in our room? I am debating whether to pack an empty one for all of the shopping I plan to do.

Brian has informed me that he doubts there is room enough on the plane for everything that has made it to Packing Central, let alone my suitcase. Clearly, he does not understand my packing process!

Laurie
Yes, it's standard for you to get a duffle bag in your room on every ABD. It's the same shape & size as the one we got for Knights & Lights, but it's a darker charcoal color with cool orange piping.

There's a photo of one here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49115132&postcount=2

Sayhello

Laurie, if having the extra bag is important, I would bring it.

It's usual for ABD to "surprise" you with one, but we have been on two trips where it was not provided and we had to purchase an additional bag.

Buying another travel bag is NEVER an issue for me...but it might be an inconvenience if you need one and dont have it.

Keep in mind that Louis Vuitton is next door to our hotel in Munich. We can always pop in and buy something quickly. ;) That should give Brian heartburn.:rotfl:

:mic: most of the day was ok but in the evening, Rain at 14c. We only saw one traditional windmill, hundreds of wind turbines. They have them lined up like the Rockets, spinning in unison. Really cool to see.

I hope he's going to post a link to his pictures when they get back.

I am sure I will be cross posting all over the place (ie Facebook, here, Flickr, etc)

You should be able to click on the pic below and get to my photostream.

IMG_3920 by k5jmh, on Flickr

PS, Kevin, when I see this pic all I can do is think about the scene in "Best in Show" where they are doing the Shih Tsu Calendar shoot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B3UhbtdxYak

Singing Mom....

We are flying Lufthansa from Munich to Frankfurt at the end of the adventure. I remember reading that you had flown them as well (I think!). Were they strict about carry on size? I have read that they limit you to 1 bag per person.

Danke!

Hi Christy,

I have flown a lot on Lufthansa and have often seen the Lufthansa people at the gate carefully inspecting the size and number of luggage pieces of passengers. But I also have often seen people walking on the plane with one roll on suitcase and three huge plastic bags and such. I would say it is inconsistent.

According to the Lufthansa website: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Carry-on-baggage

you can bring the following:

Economy Class passengers are only permitted one piece of hand luggage.

A piece of hand luggage may not be larger than 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm and may not weigh more than 8 kg.

[...]

In addition to your hand baggage and technical appliances you may take the following items into the cabin:

One personal piece of hand luggage such as, for example, a woman’s handbag, a laptop case or shoulder bag with a maximum size of 30 cm x 40 cm x 10 cm.

Hi Christy,

I have flown a lot on Lufthansa and have often seen the Lufthansa people at the gate carefully inspecting the size and number of luggage pieces of passengers. But I also have often seen people walking on the plane with one roll on suitcase and three huge plastic bags and such. I would say it is inconsistent.

According to the Lufthansa website: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Carry-on-baggage

you can bring the following:

Thank you so much! I had found the same information, without the handbag allowance.

As I was going through the information that my mom's neighbor gave us on Rothenburg, I found a brochure on our new Heidelberg hotel. Here are a few tidbits from the hotel brochure for Heidelberg:

The have "exclusive boutiques" in the hotel arcade.

A shoeshine service. Leave your shoes outside the door at night and they will be shined.

Laundry service. Give it to the chambermaid or the concierge before 9:00 am and it's returned the same day.

The indoor pool and gym have views of the castle and Odenwald Forest.

Looks incredible!:lovestruc

I can't believe how close your trip is getting! I hope you guys have a wonderful time! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories.

Singing Mom....

Danke!

They did not check our carryon size. I had a handbag & tote, DD had a tote and DH had last year's ABD backpack. I was annoyed with them because we had three seats not together. But the flight was comfortable.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!! We leave tomorrow (tuesday) for Paris! :eek:

I can't believe how time has flown and we have finally made it to this point. :yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter