Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

Since I'm spending a few days at DisneyLand after our tour, I'm trying to decide on some places to eat. I have several in mind, Cafe Orleans, Ralph Brennan's, Blue Bayou (to see POTC) Carnation Cafe and maybe a character meal or two.

Anyone else thinking of other places to eat?

Kim

I agree with the Plaza for a great character breakfast and think it's the best one since there is such a variety of characters.

I ate at Pacific Wharf a couple of times, once on the BSM DCA day since we had the afternoon free, and another time during my post-tour 4 days. I also like Hungry Bear, and ate there for a quick lunch on the first full tour day at DL.

The one place I wanted to eat was at Trader Sams at DL Hotel for a mid-afternoon appetizer and drink. I plan to do that this time. Also, for a leisurely breakfast, I ate at Steakhouse 55 on the morning I was leaving to go home. They really have a good one.

I like all the other places you listed above, too.

I am looking forward to Plaza Inn if we can't get into Club 33. I've heard that it's much better than Storytellers Cafe for Character Breakfast. Also, looking forward to trying a Cozy Cone Chili or Breakfast cone at Cozy Cone Motel and Churros. Looking forward to meals that have more variety than WDW at DL. The off site meal I want to try most is Tam O'Shanter because I don't cook beef much at home.

Has everyone gotten their flight reservations? I have a feeling the rates aren't going to go down since our arrival is so close to July 4th. They're so much higher than what I paid for last October's flight.

Southwest still hasn't put out their flights yet. At least they weren't there earlier today.

Kim

ETA, their website says tomorrow.

Just checked Southwest and it's $500 round trip to LAX at the moment. Does ABD do pickups from the other LA area airports? I am willing to give up the transfer to save money.

Got my airfare. The prices don't seem too bad. Less than $500. Not a lot less, but I did add early bird. So I'm staying thru Tuesday morning. Neither flight is obscenely early. Now I just have to decide when to leave DLR. I'll probably spend Monday night at the airport. Have bell services hold my bags and enjoy a full last day in the parks.

Just checked Southwest and it's $500 round trip to LAX at the moment. Does ABD do pickups from the other LA area airports? I am willing to give up the transfer to save money.

ABD only offers arrival transfers from LAX.

They offer departure transfers to LAX or Orange County / John Wayne.

ABD only offers arrival transfers from LAX.

They offer departure transfers to ALX or Orange County / John Wayne.

Will check John Wayne for the trip back then especially since it's closer than LAX and may mean more time to enjoy the parks themselves.

Got my airfare. The prices don't seem too bad. Less than $500. Not a lot less, but I did add early bird. So I'm staying thru Tuesday morning. Neither flight is obscenely early. Now I just have to decide when to leave DLR. I'll probably spend Monday night at the airport. Have bell services hold my bags and enjoy a full last day in the parks.

That's about what United is from here. I paid $300 in October, however :(

Normally the airport where I have a layover doesn't cause me to get excited, but I will be having my layover on VEGAS!!!!! Ok it's not long, thank goodness, so no time to run to the Strip :rotfl: I've heard there are slot machines at the airport. Is this true? Most of the time I just interested if I can find something to eat. Now I'm wondering if I could have a way to increase my Mickey's of Glendale budget. :rotfl2:

Kim

Normally the airport where I have a layover doesn't cause me to get excited, but I will be having my layover on VEGAS!!!!! Ok it's not long, thank goodness, so no time to run to the Strip :rotfl: I've heard there are slot machines at the airport. Is this true? Most of the time I just interested if I can find something to eat. Now I'm wondering if I could have a way to increase my Mickey's of Glendale budget. :rotfl2:

Kim

Yes, Kim, there are slot machines throughout the Vegas airport. You might be depleting your Mickey's of Glendale budget, though. ;)
In my experience, going in and out of that airport is a little turbulent so if you are prone to motion sickness you may need to take something preemptively.
Best of luck at the slots!!

Yes, Kim, there are slot machines throughout the Vegas airport. You might be depleting your Mickey's of Glendale budget, though. ;)
In my experience, going in and out of that airport is a little turbulent so if you are prone to motion sickness you may need to take something preemptively.
Best of luck at the slots!!

Luckily no motion sickness here. And I am a prudent gambler. I will be much more interested in food really. And having to haul my carry ons. What with a cpap and a nebulizer. I hope it all fits on my small suitcase with wheels.

Kim

I had a thought. I was thinking of having dinner at Ralph Brennan's on Friday night. Any one interested in a group for dinner? We would probably have to make an ADR at 3 months.

Kim

Possibly, It depends on whether Mom and I stay until Saturday or not. I really would like to see a full day on the last day at Disneyland, but I'm not sure about where mom would want to come out early the day of for that to happen.

The only thing wrong with extra days in the park is that our ABD guides aren't there with the Paddle of Power. :rotfl2: I thought dinner at Brennan's would help us feel better. ;)

Kim

I had forgotten Club 33 is closed for a massive rehab. It is supposed to take six months. Here's hoping they finish on time and we are able to have breakfast there and see the new and "improved" Club 33. I will withhold my judgement until I, hopefully, get to see the results.

Kim

I had forgotten Club 33 is closed for a massive rehab. It is supposed to take six months. Here's hoping they finish on time and we are able to have breakfast there and see the new and "improved" Club 33. I will withhold my judgement until I, hopefully, get to see the results.

Kim

I get this feeling that it isn't going to be ready, so I'm not building my hopes up for that day. I am not much of a character breakfast fan, so I hope Storyteller's Cafe and Plaza Inn are good breakfasts.

I would love to see the new and improved Club 33, but I really don't think it will be ready in time for us. It sounds like it a massive project.

Melissa

Kim

I did the ABD - BSM in October, and we were not able to eat or even visit Club 33 during our tour. We were told they had already started the rehab and were working on it in the mornings on the first floor, even though they were still serving lunch for members.

I asked when it was scheduled for completion since I am also doing this tour, and was told that the rehab was scheduled to be finished in June 2014, BUT they also made the statement …."you know how rehabs / remodeling goes". They often take longer than projected.

I'm hopeful it will be ready, but not holding my breath………..which means, I may "have" to do this tour …..again! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter